PDA

View Full Version : Out again (finally)!

ReneeCD
12-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I've recently gone through a traumatic (at least for me) breakup with a girlfriend of four years. She's already moved on with a new "manly" man, so I doubt that she's feeling the awful pain I've felt for the past month or so. Anyway, enough of the pity party!

Yesterday, I decided to do a little shopping in a town about 45 minutes away, just to get away and quit feeling sorry for myself fo a while. I don't have the 'body style' to pass, so I usually go out in what I term as pseudo-drab--that is, everything I'm wearing is women's, but, at first glance anyway, appears to be men's. Just don't look too closely...

I wore my women's flared stretch jeans, a mauve mock-neck long sleeved top, women's shoes, panties, knee high lilac argyle socks, a little eye shadow and mascara, bracelet, and for me, the "push-the-envelope" touch--a coyote fur-trimmed hooded women's black winter parka. I am a real coat freak. I own about ten, usually in leather, fur-trim (real fur, I hate faux!), or a combination of both. Several are so girly that I don't really think I could ever wear them in public.

As usual, when pushing my boundaries, I was initially nervous, but when I soon saw that no one was really paying attention, I started to really enjoy myself! It's such a liberating feeling to be able to be in public in a "normal" situation. I did get a funny look in the grocery store by a young (male) clerk later, but nothing was said.

The coat is so pretty! There's no way it could be mistaken for a man's. I think it is the finishing touch on an outfit, and I plan to go out more often in the near future.

Anyone else into coats? I don't see many comments about them here.

Renee