PDA

View Full Version : living the lifestyle!

samantha78
08-03-2004, 10:53 AM
How many of you are living the lifestyle of a crossdresser and are confident about it? how many are afraid like me to come out? this forum is a real god send it's helping me tackle my fears quickly! the pictures are great and the replys are unbeliveable now I think I mught get the courage to post a pic as early as a week or two! any Ideas on what to wear?

Sarah Cummings
08-03-2004, 12:43 PM
I think first, it all depends on what you have for a wardrobe. what all do you have to select from. If you have various styles of clothes and lingerie to choose from, I would recommend wearing the clothes that are you. if you are versitile in that aspect, then the question is what type of personalities are you trying to attract, if at all. You want to attract the type of people who are like minded as you. A lot of times, clothes can tell you the type of personality a person can have. If a person is the conservative type then of course that person would dress conservativly. if that person is wild, well, could dress in wild fashions. could be very sexy with some class to it or the trashy look. So depending how you want others to percieve you, is how you should dress and as long as you can coodinate styles and colors you should be all set and good to go. I hope to see you wearing something that tells me something about you. take care darling. Sarah Cummings

Jennifer_Ph
08-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Does a girl ever know what to wear? ;) As Sarah said, wear something that you enjoy wearing. Your favorite outfit. When taking your pictures, have fun with them. Smile! Whatever your favorite items are in your closet, put them on! And there is nothing saying you have to remain in one outfit for your 'photo shoot' you can mix it up a bit. Can't wait to see them!

samantha78
08-04-2004, 12:54 PM
I have many styles I could do the gothic look or the conservative look or the movie star look! just a question to all what do you think of making my own jewlery? I think what I've mad so far was pretty good! also did I mention I was native american?

Sarah Cummings
08-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Sweet heart, it's kinda like when I go to karaoke. I think I sing pretty good and most everybody I know thinks that too. I'm flattered. Anyhow, some places that I've been to to sing, people get envious of others that can sing well when they can't or maybe they can sing well but are afraid someone else will sing better than them, so they start to compete with me in trying to sing the same songs that I do and think that they will do them better. Ha, The joke is on them. I don't care if they sound better or not, There is no compition if only one is competeing. I sing what I feel and from the heart, that brings out the soul. I only compete if I'm entered into a contest. Lots of times I love to get the crowd going, you know clapping along and even particapating singing along. So, if you wear what you feel at the time, that is you. Don't feel like you have worry about if someone thinks your not looking sexy or not, just wear what you feel makes you feel sexy and as a woman. I sure you are very sexy anyway. Love Sarah.

Jennifer in CO
08-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Sam..Samantha..lucky you with a nickname that covers no matter how your dressed!

As said above, dress however your comfy. I typically crossdress every day but its in jeans, tops and shoes that pass either way. That might be the perfect way for you to be able to "step out" the first time...and the GP (general public) never know the difference.

As far as what to wear for photos?.. Ask the question who are you and how are you presenting yourself. You said your Native, so dress in tribal costume possibly? How about taking the pics in several different outfits then after you look at them, make the final decision as to what to post.

Jenn ... Native American - Cree

Summer
08-04-2004, 01:58 PM
Like Jenn from Col, I too dress ever day, I don't have many guy duds so I dress every day. I too wear jean's most days with a top and tennis shoe most days. If I'm off to the mall or some place where I have to dress up a notch I will wear a pair of slacks and a sweater with a pair of flats or a low heel. I dress very conservativly for all occassions. Never do I dress to impress any one other than my self or my wife and the two children.
As to what to wear I think Jenn and Sarah gave you very good advice.
It's not a competition, you only have to please yourself or a family member. If your going out in public and want to pass, dress down is the best advice I can give. Unless attention is what you seek.
Summer

windycissy
08-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Why not wear an outfit that you think you might be passable in? When you see your pictures, you'll have a pretty good idea on whether or not you're passable - the camera doesn't lie. The great thing about digital cameras is that you can take tons of pictures and edit the best until you come up with a winner. And you can always post it here and ask for our honest critique.

As for me, I always dress conservatively, and I use a lot of little props to reinforce the girl-next-door image that I am trying to project: a scarf or turtleneck to take attention away from my Adam's apple, feminine eyeglasses to make my nose look smaller, etc. For me, the goal is to be preceived as a woman, so glamour is the last thing on my mind. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)