PDA

View Full Version : Being unsupervised.....

Karren H
12-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Ohh yeah.... FINALLY..... Haven't really dressed in months..... many many months..... The wife and son took off for the day to go see the daughter and I took the day off and was left home alone.... with a list a mile long including tearing out soggy drywall in the garage and re-insulating and cleaning the garage up... fixing the pinball machine.... So how better to do in than in a skirt... ... top, stockings and heels? Wore brown so it wouldn't show the dirt! Ha!!

But no makeup or hair.... just didn't have the time to spare... And it was a surprise to the water meter guy who walked by the garage door windows while I was working on one of the pinball machines.... he looked in and his eyes got large! lol Ohhh well.. He read the meter next to the garage door and took off .... FAST.... But I really got a ton done and then changed and went to get my hair done.... ran some errands.... family should be home later but I feel awesome that I got so much done... I totally enjoyed being without supervision.... I am so jeleous of all you that have working SO's or get alone time!!! Grrrrrrrr......

But back to reality as I know it.......

kym
12-17-2009, 04:01 PM
you with no makeup? thats not something that happens...ever!

Karren H
12-17-2009, 04:03 PM
you with no makeup? thats not something that happens...ever!

yeah.... hence NO PHOTOS!! lol

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Sounds like fun Karen. I take every chance I have with alone time to dress up, even though my wife is OK with it while we are at home. It's just not the same when you can be alone and un-inhibited. Mostly when I get the chance it is off to the mall to do some strutting in my favorite heels and outfits.

Fab Karen
12-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Tell the wife she should get a job ( economics a good excuse ).
or maybe you could convince them at work you're needed in ( name remote city ). :)

Lorileah
12-17-2009, 04:26 PM
do you have some extra lights for the pinball machine...I have several that are out

pattyv
12-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Karen-I too am having a to-do-list type of day.My wife is very comfortable with my dressing around the house, but she knows when I wear my favourite denim skirt,pantyhose,bra,slip and light top that I have an agenda. No wig or makeup.I cleaned the kitchen, emptied the dishwasher, did two loads of laundry,ironed, dusted and vacuumed the whole house.Being a home chef is one of my favourite hobbies so I prepared our evening meal as well. My wife dropped by the house to pick up some returns, and when she saw what I had done she gave me a hug and said that she married a lovely man. I almost cried with happiness.We have been married for 30 years, and we have a wonderful relationship. She also said that no matter if I'm in male or female garb I'm still the same person.Later she phoned me from a designer boutique, and said that she had found a beautiful red dress for me. I've always wanted a red dress so I can't wait to see it. I will post some pics eventually, but probably not until after the New Year as our youngest is coming home from university for Christmas.Just thought I'd share my day with you as you shared yours with us. Merry Christmas.

Karren H
12-17-2009, 04:39 PM
do you have some extra lights for the pinball machine...I have several that are out

Yeah!! What size? The small ones or the larger ones? I keep a bag of them around because they are always burning out.

Brandi Wyne
12-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Mine works but then so do I so most of the tme I'm not working, neither is she. Also, I have the grown daughter back in the home and that is soooo confining for me and "Barb".

I love dressing fully and maybe wearing my maids outfit and just working around the house. I'm not sure that I get more done but it is a lot of fun.

You will all get the word when I mow the grass or rake leaves as Barb. That would surely be a topic of conversation in my neighborhood.

XXs,

RADER
12-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Karren:
Now you hung drywall in a skirt? On a ladder? Weeee want a lot of pictures
of that. It sounds like a Kodak moment to me. LOL Rader :daydreaming:

joyce483
12-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Karren you shuold be able to dress every time you deliver coal to west virgina!!!!

Kate Simmons
12-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Shame on that meter guy--no Christmas spirit. Didn't he ever hear the song "Deck the halls", especially the part about donning our gay apparel? Geesh!;):battingeyelashes::)

DiannaRose
12-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Karren, I am so happy for you! It's so nice when we get full dress time without worrying about the wife or kids coming home. With any luck, I'll have a couple of days coming up in January...at least while the kids are in school.

It's hard to imagine you NOT in makeup...you are always so pretty in your photos, that's how I always think of you. :)

Congratulation again on your dressing day! Sorry you didn't get a chance to go full-girl, though.

susie evans
12-17-2009, 06:53 PM
yah who that's the karren i know using ever minite to the fullest

happy holiday's :hugs: susie

Rianna Humble
12-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Shame on that meter guy--no Christmas spirit. Didn't he ever hear the song "Deck the halls", especially the part about donning our gay apparel? Geesh!;):battingeyelashes::)

Not so worried about the apparel, but what about the falala - now that can be a problem :heehee:

theresa
12-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Geeeshh girl, how do you manage to get so much done? Amazing!

Can only imagine images of you slinging a sledgehammer ripping out drywall in heels, skirt and top. KInda brings back thoughts of Rosie the Rivoter. And even better images of the look on the meter guys face. I imagine even I might run the other way if I stumbled onto someone wearing heels, skirt, and top brandishing a sledgehammer and looking at me. Priceless.

Happy for you that had such a fun and productive day. Also hope you get your alone time soon.

Tess
12-17-2009, 08:24 PM
I would have gone off the deep end long ago if it wasn't for supervision.

Raychel
12-17-2009, 08:42 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:On your day off, I love those days, although they sure do seem to be kinda rare lately.

Karren H
12-17-2009, 08:57 PM
If I get one a year I'm lucky... But this was a long one.. Family didn't get home till 7pm so I decided to color my hair... Started the 30 minute process and then called the pizza place who said 45 minutes. Perfect... 20 minutes later the door bell goes off and I have my head wrapped in plastic wrap!! Another guy with wide eyes!! Lol.

leesametz
12-17-2009, 09:02 PM
but you know what Karren, you handle adversity with such aplomb...

i LOVE the new avatar by the way. such a cute hair style and of course that ever encouraging smile...

Merry Christmas...

Babette
12-17-2009, 09:22 PM
When I saw the thread's title "Being Unsupervised" follow by "Karen Hutton" my mind went into overdrive. I instinctively thought DANGER and followed it with a gasping OMG! For some reason this spurred a memory flashback to the Christmas movie "Home Alone". :eek:

Karen, you are never a dull moment.

Babette

Karren H
12-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Wasn't that exciting? Lol. Just something different and unexpected... Hadn't really planned it.. If I had known they were going to be gone 10 hours I would have dressed up and gone out and robbed a bank or something more exciting! :D

And did wear my new mechanics gloves!!! Keep by hands from getting dirty and I found out that fiberglass insulation and wearing a bra is very uncomfortable and left a nice raw line on my breast!!

linnea
12-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Yes, right now I have quite a bit of alone time, but I other times I really have to squeeze the dressing into time frames like the one you had. It's great, but I often find myself saying, as you did, "If I had known that they were going to be gone that long, I could have . . . "

StephSissy
12-17-2009, 10:53 PM
I can't wait until Monday cause I'm off work and my wife is already making a list for me to do. Of course, I'll be in a skirt heels, hose, etc., only difference is that she'll be here to supervise me and make sure I stay in line and get the job done as requested! If I don't, I'll probably get spanked. But, that's the way we both like it and it's pretty much the way my day goes if I'm off work and the kids are in school.

Karren H
12-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Ohhh I did take a couple photos.... or the pinball machine! lol Got it running pretty good... Too bad I didn't get the meter reader looking in the window?

http://images.craigslist.org/3n03oe3p15O25Ud5R39ch7adf97441a8e1cb5.jpg

andreana
12-17-2009, 11:09 PM
ahhhh, girls...................there are some advantages to being single, now that is unsupervised. Sorry, just had to get my two bits worth in.

SuzanneBender
12-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Karren drywall dust and grime counts as makeup especially on someone as cute as you. I wonder if the meter reader and pizza boy realize how lucky they were to meet Karren Hutton.

sanchini1
12-18-2009, 12:40 AM
I too love the alone time, It means so much if your married with family. I just had some of that time also and to cap it off the family decided to stay the night over. which meant a nice hot bubble bath and a nice silk nightie to sleep in!

Randi

ReineD
12-18-2009, 12:43 AM
I totally enjoyed being without supervision.... I am so jeleous of all you that have working SO's or get alone time!!! Grrrrrrrr......

Oh gosh Karren, be careful what you wish for. CDing aside, I felt the same way when my kids were little and I had nary a moment to myself. Now I'm all alone and I can't begin to tell you how empty that feels sometimes.

Nevertheless, I'm glad you had a great day! Too bad you also didn't have time to play a game of hockey or two! :hugs:

Karren H
12-18-2009, 06:24 AM
Lol... My kids just won't seem to leave! Damn economy! And I was going to go ice skating at a local out door rink last night but its so cold outside and I had to watch the Penguins beat up the Flyers! :). I think I have a game this weekend..

MissKara
12-18-2009, 10:55 AM
That sounds like a dreamtime for me :daydreaming:

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

Viv
12-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Lol... My kids just won't seem to leave! Damn economy! And I was going to go ice skating at a local out door rink last night but its so cold outside and I had to watch the Penguins beat up the Flyers! :). I think I have a game this weekend..

BAHH! We'll get you next time my pretty!

Karren H
12-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah right.... January 7th and March 27th... Only 2 time left.. . I think if you get rid of all players still wearing mullets... You might have a better chance!! Hahahaha

kristinacd55
12-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Quick Quick git out all the fixin's & dress, dress, dress. Heart rate up, fem-o-meter's cookin! Hope you had fun Karren whilst it lasted! :thumbsup:

jenna_woods
12-18-2009, 12:24 PM
sounds like a nice day, bout no make up wow. I'll have to admit I have been caught with out make up or hair done also, its not fun, oh well what can a girl do.

Karren H
12-18-2009, 05:04 PM
With a heart rate of 42 at rest mine rarely races... Except when I'm bearing down on the goalie on a break away... Which is also rare! Ha! And no makeup was really different.. But I'd did save me hours.. I may do just makeup next week then on average I'd be good?

MissKara
12-18-2009, 05:13 PM
With a heart rate of 42 at rest mine rarely races... Except when I'm bearing down on the goalie on a break away... Which is also rare! Ha! And no makeup was really different.. But I'd did save me hours.. I may do just makeup next week then on average I'd be good?

ohhhh, I wish i had your heart. I have a heart condition that causes my heart to have a resting of 80 and an exercise of between 120-150 :|

Lots of love,
Miss Kara