PDA

View Full Version : Purging ??

CuteKaraCD
12-17-2009, 06:52 PM
So i've been reading these forums for the past few days, and i've noticed alot of girls talk about how they've "purged".

So i wanted to start a thread about what do you do when you purge?

Do you donate to a thrift store?

Sell on e bay or craigslist?

Drop it in the first dumpster you see and run away ?

I've never personally purged, i've lost clothes due to moving but that was about it.

Cool Stacy
12-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Hello, I have tried to purge and quit. I have gone as far as burning all my stuff. I would not reccomend burning however. I would do as others have suggested here, put your clothes and items in a plastic bin and hide it. The urge to dress does not go away. I have four new dresses a new wig and new breast forms on thier way. It is costly to purge plus I miss some of the nice things I had. It is much harder to dress with a new baby but you can always find time. I have a full day off planned and cannot wait to fully dress. I have new dresses I have not even worn yet. Ebay is so awsome that way. If you do decide to purge and get rid of stuff, the ladys here are always looking for new clothes. Good Luck with whatever you decide.

CuteKaraCD
12-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Good Luck with whatever you decide.

oh lol i'm not thinking about purging, i'm just curious what others girls have done / do. it would just seem like a waste to throw them away or as you did burn them.

~Emma D~
12-17-2009, 07:21 PM
God knows, how many times I have purged - always ended up in rubbish bins somewhere.

But, I am determined not to let it happen again. I would be devastated harder than ever before if I do. I WILL NOT PURGE.

Leslie Langford
12-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Resistance is futile. Thinning out your wardrobe to freshen it up with new acquisitions while making some extra storage space is one thing, but a full blown purge? You will never cease to kick yourself for having engaged in such utter foolishness, especially when you find yourself unable to replace certain treasured items when the time comes - and trust me, the time WILL come :doh::sad:.

harmony
12-18-2009, 01:36 AM
i have been thinking for a while now of offering some kind of service for purgers.
like...pack up your stuff and send it to me with either a return address or some code word to be able to identify it and send it back if wanted some time in the future(limited by may be a year).after that it would be donated to a worthy cause.
i do have storage space on my property and i really do not need any stuff myself.the container the stuff comes in would remain untouched.
to get it back all you would have to do is identify the package and pay for shipping.
i do not see it happening much though since to purge you are not very levelheaded to beginn with.

Janet Bern
12-18-2009, 07:37 AM
Never purge or you will regret it. If you are backed up with clothes and undies and need to cull out a few things fine. Decide what you will wear in the future and dump what you are sure you will never wear again.
Bring the old stuff to a Salvation Army or goodwill. If its really bad put it in an old clothes bin. Janet

trisha11
12-18-2009, 07:51 AM
I have learned the hard way. That just because you purge it doesn't mean the urge to dress will ever go away. I have purged so many times. Thrown stuff away. Donated it etc. I would suggest a storage bag or box. Just put it somewhere safe. That way you don't have to start over. It is costly and really sucks when you suddenly get the urge to dress and everything is gone.

Trisha

MissKara
12-18-2009, 10:52 AM
I too tried to purge and the only thing I can say is, don't because you'll regret it. I purged because of my ex, thus I had to get rid of everything (And it was a lot). This was 2 years ago, and Kara is now back. And for that, I am very glad :o

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

Brandi Wyne
12-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Probably we all have made some efforts at some point to limit if not eleminate all things femme that we hold so dear. What we do with them may indicate our relative state of mind and our view of cross dressing. The real question is "Why?" What motivates any one of us to try to rid ourselves of the objects we use to define our femme side? Even though we will likely return to cross dressing, there is something at that point in time that triggers our need to purge. Any ideas out there? Maybe that would be a good thread in itself.

Debbie37
12-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I purged once when my wife caught me enfemm. I did it as an act of solidarity to prove to her that I'd give Cding up for her. I then did the research on it and learned that the desire to cross dress never goes away. Sure enough, a few years later my wife and I had a big spat and I was sleeping in the spare room and I started buying clothes again. My wife and I have since made up and she sort of accepts what I do and hasn't asked me to purge again. Purging is an emotional response to a challenging situation and for me it didn't change anything.

Elle1946
12-18-2009, 04:47 PM
I usually donate it to the Goodwill as long as it is in good shape.

cdLainie
12-18-2009, 05:49 PM
I use to purge all the time in my teens and early twentys. I would throw out any thing that was no good and box up the rest put it in the basement. Then three to six months later I would find myself going down there to find some pantie's and bra's for some under dressing. Then I would start ordering new stuff . It has been 4years sence I had a purge.

sherri52
12-18-2009, 07:03 PM
I have never purged. My first wife has done it for me. The first time she bagged my clothes and left it to go out with the trash. I notice things and when I pulled out the trash we had three bags more than normal and they were all soft bags. Yes I found my clothes. The next three or four times she was smarter. I don't know where they went ech time but I saw My mother in law wearing one of my dresses.

cd_jamie
12-18-2009, 07:15 PM
my last complete purge went in a good will box. I have tossed things out in the trash burned it donated things. I am closeted so that makes keeping things hard in the first place. I currently keep Jamie's stuff in my truck (I am a truck driver) and the wife will not find it there.

purging is worthless the urge to dress does not go away no matter how bad it hurts to dispose of clothing.

jenna_woods
12-18-2009, 07:18 PM
I took all mine to Goodwill. and was so sorry I did after a fewdays I was buying new things again,

Samantha B L
12-18-2009, 07:41 PM
I purged several times many years ago and I've decided that I will never do that again. Unless I am in the position of having family members go through my things and there's nothing I can do to dissuade them or to get uppity and tell them to keep their hooks outa my things. A couple of times my Sister or my Nephew went on the rampage about some items they were looking for and got sort of pushy with me about seeing if these things were in "S__'s closet". Fortunately they forgot about it ten minutes later but that was a close scrape for me and it was damn annoying,too. So except for stuff like that I would never purge again.

Erin Li
12-18-2009, 08:24 PM
I've done one major purge and one minor. I don't remember how I got rid of the stuff during the minor purge, but the major one still feels like yesterday. It was about 10 years ago, and I went to about four or five different dumpsters around the city. I regretted immediately, and within 1/2 hour went back to the last dumping location to get my stuff back. Too bad I was too chicken to go get it all back...

Alice Torn
12-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Sarah, Like your blue dress and belt! I have only purged, certain items, that no longer fit, or ripped.

Charla McBee
12-18-2009, 09:43 PM
I did several times as a teenager but I had the added shame that everything I had was "borrowed" in those days, even though I kept it mostly to stuff that wasn't going to be used. The worst purges came when I was going to college and could not guard my collection for several weeks and leading up to two moves in the last five years. As soon as I bought my first pair of shoes (ending my last purge due to moving) not long after joining this site last summer, I vowed never again. Everything I have now I bought personally in the store and I risked too much to give any of it up. I still don't want to get caught (which was the main cause behind every purge) but at this point, if I do, I do. My mother has to have an idea anyway, no one else should ever come across my now barely hidden wardrobe.

Paula_56
12-18-2009, 09:52 PM
I saw a bunch of clothes scattered on the interstate the other day, I got the feeling from the looks of them that it was the remains of a purge

TonyaV
12-18-2009, 09:56 PM
I usually donate, except for a couple of times when I regretfully resorting to the dumpster at the rear of a shopping center.