PDA

View Full Version : Corsets Remedy Upset Stomache

brookalicious
12-18-2009, 01:14 AM
I know you guys read the header and we're like WTF. Let me give you some background:

Earlier on today I began to feel extremely nauseus. It was probably a combination of too many vodkda tonics, dehydration, and lack of sleep. But I could barely hold on to my lunch. Once I got home I knew I was dead meat. However (here's the kicker) rather than go straight to the bathroom, I went ahead and go dressed en femme. Complete with corset underneath for shaping...

That's when I realized I didn't feel like throwing up anymore. I can't say I feel great, but the corset seems like its holding everything in nicely. Whenever I get that sick-to-my stomache feeling, my tummy relaxes, but then pushes up against the corset, making it hard to "let go" if you will. That gives me time to relax and rehydrate.

I'm going to have to remember this from now on.

Has anyone else tried this? Or am I just hungover and dreaming?

harmony
12-18-2009, 01:49 AM
and now ladies and gentlemen-a word from our sponsors!!

is your stomach upset-are you feeling a little nauseus?

our super constrictor corsets are the answer!!!slip one on today and you will feel much better instantly!

sterling12
12-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Nausea CAN be caused by The Contents of your stomach being shaken about. If you put The Stomach in a serious squeeze, maybe those contents can't be moved around as much, ergo less nausea.

Now that's just an "off the top of my head idea." I don't have any studies that says "wearing a corset will keep you from barfing, if you've sucked up a lot of booze!"

Can't imagine getting a Nobel Prize in Medicine for that type of research, and there probably will not be much interest in doing a follow-up on your anecdotal account.

Peace and Love, Joanie

JiveTurkeyOnRye
12-18-2009, 07:35 AM
I'm going to guess that nine times out of ten this won't actually work.

Also, as horrible as it feels to "get sick," sometimes it wants to come out for a reason.

It's interesting though because when I was a bit heavier and had a bigger gut, it was actually my corset that made me nauseous sometimes because of my stomach being constricted so much.

Karren H
12-18-2009, 10:40 AM
If that's the case I'd make myself sick more often just so I had to wear my corset!!

kellycan27
12-18-2009, 11:59 AM
If that's the case I'd make myself sick more often just so I had to wear my corset!!

Great excuse if caught wearing it... It's for medicinal purposes!

Karren H
12-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Your so skinny Kelly you make me sick!! Where my corset?? :D.

Laura_Stephens
12-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Your so skinny Kelly you make me sick!! Where my corset?? :D.

Yup! She should be required to "loan" me 5% of her beauty! She would still look great and I wouldn't look like Quasi Moto.

SuzanneBender
12-18-2009, 04:12 PM

I have to spend some money in my medical savings account before the end of the year. Do you think a receipt for a couple of righteous victorian steel boned corsets and this thread would hold up to IRS audit. :daydreaming:

I don't know about the corset settling my tummy, because when I am corseted I can't eat or drink enough to have to find out. A tight corset is the best diet aide going. Eat your heart out Mr. Jaerod Subway.

Karren H
12-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Ya just need a perscription from Dr V Secret!! :)

docrobbysherry
12-18-2009, 08:09 PM
I think Suzanne's is BETTER!

I don't know about the corset settling my tummy, because when I am corseted I can't eat or drink enough to have to find out. A tight corset is the best diet aide going. Eat your heart out Mr. Jaerod Subway.

If u wear corsets very tite, like I do, (MINIMUM waist reduction of 4"), expect the OPPOSITE results!:eek:

I don't drink, or eat, for at least 3 hours before I dress. Because, I'll LOSE whatever's in there, if I do!:puke:

Persephone
12-20-2009, 08:05 PM
If u wear corsets very tite, like I do, (MINIMUM waist reduction of 4"), expect the OPPOSITE results!:eek:

I don't drink, or eat, for at least 3 hours before I dress. Because, I'll LOSE whatever's in there, if I do!:puke:

Yipes! I've found that sometimes a corset can help with constipation. I call it the "toothpaste tube effect."

From what I can tell, after years of exploring the topic, a 4" (10 cm) waist reduction was about what most Victorian and Edwardian women normally laced to for everyday wear.

That was probably for a woman with a 24~26" (61~65 cm) uncorsetted waist. In ratio then, at least theoretically, that would be equivalent to a 6" (15 cm) reduction for someone with a 36~39" (91~99 cm) uncorsetted waist.

It's just what you do to look terrific. Here's a little item I came across that might interest you, presumably written during the Victorian/Edwardian period and attributed to the writings of "Madame Lombroso,"

"The fashionable woman of today, like her predecessor in the past, has to pay by cruel suffering for her wasp-like waist. Like her ancestors, the modern coquette accepts her martyrdom with Stoic serenity. She smiles, simpers, converses with easy and sprightliness without anybody imagining how much she is suffering, encircled and laced so tightly that she is stifled, almost unable either to move nor breathe, and this perhaps, during some interminable night's entertainment! She knows that whatever betrays her suffering, her boredom, or her fatigue will drive men away from her side, and, rather than annoy or enervate them, she courageously stifles every hint of the pain by enduring which she is able to display all her pretty grace."

Nausea CAN be caused by The Contents of your stomach being shaken about. If you put The Stomach in a serious squeeze, maybe those contents can't be moved around as much, ergo less nausea.

Now that's just an "off the top of my head idea." I don't have any studies that says "wearing a corset will keep you from barfing, if you've sucked up a lot of booze!"

Can't imagine getting a Nobel Prize in Medicine for that type of research, and there probably will not be much interest in doing a follow-up on your anecdotal account.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Interesting thought! And likely quite right on! The movement of the muscles in the digestive tract is referred to as Peristalsis ("The rippling motion of muscles in the digestive tract. In the stomach, this motion mixes food with gastric juices, turning it into a thin liquid"). Many sources suggest that corseting slows this rippling motion.

Alice Green
12-21-2009, 01:33 AM
That's is an interesting one, I'll have to try it next time. It has helped me a great deal with, my posture and some back problems I have.