PDA

View Full Version : Way, Way Over the Line - The Entire Week

Persephone
12-18-2009, 01:21 AM
I’ve just had one of the best crossdressing weeks of my life! And I’m still sitting here in shock and awe of what has gone on so far. And I am seriously doubting my sanity!

I believe that my parachute didn't open and that I fell right through the Pink Fog and straight into the Pink Sea (© 2009 Persephone, all rights reserved with free right of use on this website granted to one and all).

For me, I really love it down here. The sea is warm, fragrant with estrogen, and filled with swimming GG's.

You can judge my sanity for yourself. In order to share this week with you, we’ll have to go through it day by day.

Monday morning I did my usual en femme run/walk through my neighborhood. It’s a bit cooler here now than it was when I was running in cute tanks and shorts, so I wore sweats, my hair in a high pony tail tucked through my cap, a bra with forms, and a bit of lipstick.

Back home and into the shower. Now this would usually be the time that I would sort-of switch gears, dressing in whatever was handy for housework. But I’d noticed that there were sales at the local department stores, and that one featured a skirt that looked really terrific.

I set off for the local mall in tight jeans (sorry Karren!), a light sweater, casual shoes with 3” heels, bra with regular forms, jewelry, and makeup.

I found the skirt and a couple of blouses, went into the fitting room, and tried everything on. The skirt didn’t look nearly as good in real life as it had looked in the ad. Bummer! One of the blouses really was nice, but a bit too snug.

Back out to the floor to find it in a larger size, back into the fitting room, and score one green ruffled front blouse!

Then it was into lingerie to look for some gifts for my spouse. I didn’t find either the type of nightgown nor the type of robe that she prefers, so off to another store where, with a lot of looking, I finally found some for her.

A few more errands in the area and it was back home for a couple of hours to do some housework and prepare dinner.

My spouse arrived home and we had our dinner. After I cleaned up, I quickly changed into “high androgyny” for a meeting of our congregation’s ladies’ auxiliary.

“High androgyny” for me is femme everything other than skirts or forms. In this case, I wore a magenta sweater with long grey pants, casual shoes with 3” heels, earrings, femme watch, bracelet, and light makeup.

Then I was off to the auxiliary meeting. Usually, my spouse joins me, but she had another activity, so, for one of very few times, I attended alone.

You may recall that last month I went to one of the smaller afternoon meetings and introduced myself as “Dee.”

Practically everyone there was a woman who has known me for years and I've worked in the kitchen with several of them.

When we went around the table doing introductions they called upon me using my male name. I said, "I've been a hard-working member of this group for years. But my name sounds foreign in a group like this, so why don't we use my first initial and call me Dee?"

The lady next to me, a friend of mine who was looking over my recipe with Dee's name on it said, "I was wondering about that! Makes sense."

Well, no-one actually called anyone by name for the rest of the morning anyway, but I suspect I planted a seed. And I suspect there was some discussion when I left since the auxillary leadership were mostly the ones left in the room. But I guess we'll see if "Dee" earned a passing grade.

Well, Monday night I found out that I may indeed have scored a "passing grade!" There were several women present who were simply calling me Dee! It was an amazing feeling!

We spent the evening working on making comfort blankets for hospitalized children and several of the women, some who I knew well and some who I didn’t, worked at the table with me. Plain simple acceptance!

After the meeting, it was home for the night.

Next: The even wilder events of Tuesday!

boardpuppy
12-18-2009, 01:27 AM
If the rest of the week was anything like Monday, I can see why you are in the pink sea and to say on my part it sounds like loads of fun.

Alice

Karren H
12-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Someone throw that woman a pink life perserver!!! Hopefully the pink sea stained and shrunk your jeans and now they are cute pair of pink capris!!

Brandi Wyne
12-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Sounds like a great series of entries on Twitter. LOL I've got my pink fog lights on.
XXs

Persephone
12-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Someone throw that woman a pink life perserver!!! Hopefully the pink sea stained and shrunk your jeans and now they are cute pair of pink capris!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/100_2564.jpg
Great! Thanks Karren!

Kathi Lake
12-18-2009, 01:31 PM
My oh my, sounds like a fun week! I'm so happy that you are swimming in the deep end! I'm also glad of the acceptance you're getting from your ladies. I'm sure that you have found that women seem to accept us much more readily when we accept ourselves first.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your week!

Kathi

SuzanneBender
12-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Nothing like swimming in the pink sea. Seems to make one float even better than salt water! Don't shrink those skinny jeans hon! To Karren's dismay I am thinking of starting a support group called TWOLS. Trangenders Who Overtly Love Skinnyjeans. You can be the VP. Capris are great, but skinny jeans just bring back my youth and the days of Jordache!

Kathi is right on women are willing to invite you into the GG club if we just accept ourselves first.

No grumpy mondays for you this week. It sounds like a top shelf Monday in fact. I can't wait to hear about the rest of the week.

Kathi Lake
12-18-2009, 04:09 PM
I am thinking of starting a support group called TWOLS. Trangenders Who Overtly Love Skinnyjeans. You can be the VP. Capris are great, but skinny jeans just bring back my youth and the days of Jordache!Oo, oooo! I wanna join!! I fondly remember Jordache! Of course, I also not-so-fondly remember the stupid Angel Flight zip-up velour shirts that I also wore with them. Ick!

:)

Kathi

SuzanneBender
12-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Oo, oooo! I wanna join!! I fondly remember Jordache! Of course, I also not-so-fondly remember the stupid Angel Flight zip-up velour shirts that I also wore with them. Ick!

Kathi

Velour one fabric that I hope never comes back in fashion. You can be our spokesmodel for TWOLS.

And now a word from Kathi Lake about the benefits of skinny jeans for society.

Kathi Lake
12-18-2009, 04:34 PM
. . . and now a word from Kathi Lake about the benefits of skinny jeans for society.Hello everyone! I am here to tell you of the benefits of skinny jeans, and their role in world peace. Although some may scoff (Yes, we hear you, Karren!), think about this; Have you ever tried to find just the right pair of skinny jeans? You can go through so many brands, so many styles, and so many pair in your size to find just the right pair - a pair that makes that makes your butt sing, a pair that makes everything right with the world. Not only that, but think about this, while you're in the dressing room trying on all those pairs of jeans, who has time to pick up an AK-47? See, world peace! :)

Kathi

(sorry for the thread hijack, Persephone!)

Fab Karen
12-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Skinny jeans are for people with skinny legs.
Jordache: The original S.N.L. did a satire ad: "Jewess Jeans" - "You don't have to be Jewish- ( Gilda doing jewish accent )'but it wouldn't hoit'"

PretzelGirl
12-18-2009, 06:09 PM
You gals crack me up! :lol:

Persephone!!! Don't leave us hanging. There are at least three more days! :daydreaming:

sherri52
12-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Can you see anything through the pink? What a great week

Persephone
12-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Not only that, but think about this, while you're in the dressing room trying on all those pairs of jeans, who has time to pick up an AK-47? See, world peace! :)

Kathi

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/gunsrifleballet.jpg
Couldn't quite find the combination of
tight jeans and assault rifles. Will this do?

I'll work on posting the rest of the week asap. And, just when I thought it was winding down, today was amazing!

docrobbysherry
12-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Have you ever tried to find just the right pair of skinny jeans? You can go through so many brands, so many styles, and so many pair in your size to find just the right pair - a pair that makes that makes your butt sing, a pair that makes everything right with the world.---------------- while you're in the dressing room trying on all those pairs of jeans, who has time-----? :)

Kathi

You're RITE, Kathi! I've tried on girls jeans in thrift stores and real stores! They're ALL too loose in the legs and butt. Or, don't button! :brolleyes:

What? Womens or juniors? A million styles, and a million brands!? There r SO MANY OTHER ladies things to wear, and life's SO short! :doh: I guess I'm with Karen on this one!:o

Persephone
12-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Tuesday, Day 2 of the week, got off to its usual start. I went for my morning run/walk in a pink sweatsuit, scoring one of my best times in a long time, about 1½ minutes under my average.

After my shower, the phone rang, and that phone call, a wrong number, was actually one of the great highlights of the week! I’m a bit hard of hearing, and I had the radio on when the phone rang. I answered it while struggling to shut the radio and couldn’t quite make out the voice on the other end.

It was a woman’s voice and it sounded like she was asking for someone named Susan (names changed to protect, yada, yada).

I said, “Excuse me? Who are you calling?”

With the radio now off, I could hear her quite clearly as she said, “Oh! Hi Dee! It’s Geena! I was trying to call Susan and dialed your number by mistake!”

We chatted for a moment and hung up. Geena is the President of the Ladies’ Auxiliary and she had just called me “Dee”!!!

Once I’d done my little “name change” I’d been worried about how she and the other powerful senior members of the Auxillary would take it and she’d just called me “Dee”!

Euphoric about what had just happened, I finished dressing en femme with forms, jeans and a blouse, did my hair and makeup, mounted my 3½” wedge heeled loafers, and headed out to run my errands.

I spent a good part of the day doing household shopping and banking transactions. When those were finished, I returned home, put my purchases away, and began to get ready for the evening.

The evening was “high androgyny,” no forms, but long femme pants, a soft white cowl neck sweater, jewelry, light makeup, and closed-toe casual shoes with 3” heels.
At 5:30 my spouse and I met for dinner at a local restaurant. The waitress and other staff paid no particular attention to us, consistently using female pronouns.

After dinner we went to someone’s home for a Mah Jongg lesson. A couple of the women I’d met the week before at the practice Mah Jongg session were there, along with one of the women from my Ladies’ Auxiliary who had been at the meeting where I “came out” as Dee, but, otherwise, we’d never met most of the dozen or so women who were there, including our hostess.

Originally, when my spouse had called to make the arrangements for us to attend the class, she’d given the hostess our names, at that time using my male name.

My spouse introduced herself to our hostess, and then I said “and I’m Dee.”

“Oh, good!” our hostess said, “We weren’t sure what your name was, Dorothy, Danielle, or something. “

She made sure we were introduced to everyone and then we all settled down to Mah Jongg, and I actually won one of the rounds!

The only downside to the day was that one of the women, the one whose house I’d been at for a practice session last week, while calling me “Dee” also consistently used masculine pronouns to refer to me throughout the evening, but more about that will come up when I write about Wednesday.

Persephone
12-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Wednesday morning I skipped my normal run/walk as I had a very busy day. The first item was to make a dish for a pot luck dinner. I made a serving tray full of potato pancakes, one of the traditional Chanukah dishes.

As soon as I completed the cooking, I rushed off to get dressed for an 11 a.m. Ladies’ Auxiliary meeting. I dressed in my “high androgyny,” everything except bra/forms or a skirt, and joined the other ladies in making additional comfort blankets for hospitalized children. I not only enjoy participating in volunteer projects, but I believe it is part of the bonding process. “If you want to talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk.”

Afterwards, Geena, the President of the Ladies’ Auxiliary (name changed, etc.), one of the other women and I stayed as we were discussing possible programs for the coming months. We came up with the idea of doing some ceramic painting and I suggested that we do tiles. They liked that, and Geena said “looks like we’ve completed a meeting of the program committee.”

The three of us finished cleaning up the refreshments, washing the serving plates, coffee pots and the like, and we left at about 12:45. That was perfect, because I was off to my Mah Jongg game.

The game was at the home of the same woman who, the previous night, had been calling me “Dee” but using masculine pronouns. Of the four of us there, the other two were women who had been at the class the previous night, but whom I had not met before.

As we gathered, preparing tea and the like, our hostess asked me, "Am I supposed to use feminine or masculine pronouns to refer to you?"

I would imagine that someone had spoken to her the evening before about her use of masculine pronouns when referring to me. The other two women were gathered around as well.

"Female," I said, and then went on, "Think of me as Siamese twins, but instead of being conjoined at the hip, we're conjoined in the head. Sometimes we even argue with each other."

One of the women quickly said, "Who wins most often, the girl or the boy?"

"Girl," I said.

"Good!" she said, "then you're in!"

Everyone laughed as they picked up their beverages and snacks and we headed for the Mah Jongg table.

We played and chatted for about 3 hours, and I even won one round!

The rest of the day, after I left the Mah Jongg group, was rather mundane as I had a “guy” event that evening. It was a pot luck and we brought the potato pancakes I’d made earlier in the day. I “cheated” as I let my spouse handle the pot luck setup along with the other women while I did my mandatory “hang with the guys” time.

PretzelGirl
12-20-2009, 08:56 PM
You are just having too much fun. :thumbsup:

Kathi Lake
12-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Well duh! The girl side always wins!! Have you ever tried to win an argument with a woman? Can't be done.

Sounds like a fabulous week so far. Can't wait to hear more.

Kathi

Persephone
12-21-2009, 04:02 AM
Day 4 – Thursday

Today was the odd day of the week, one of those topsy turvy days that comes along every once in a while. Today I had to do Victor-Victoria, I had to be a guy in order to be a girl.

It is what I call a “Close Encounter of the Second Kind,” one of the four major types of CD/TG encounters that there can be.

Close Encounters of the First Kind – You present as a guy and people relate to you as a guy.
Close Encounters of the Second Kind – You present as a guy but there are people who automatically connect with your “inner girl” without ever knowing “she’s” there and without ever knowing her name. Almost always women, when you’re around them they converse with you as if you’re another woman.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind – People who know you as both a man and a woman. The hardest group for people to be in, this group often includes spouses and friends who are “in the know.”
Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind – You present as a woman and people only know you as a woman.

A GG friend of mine, who only seems to know me as a guy, but who really relates to me as a woman, had called and asked me to help out as a volunteer serving lunch for a get together of college age young people.

I was the only “guy” who was a volunteer for the event, along with about six women. Two of whom I’ve often worked with before.

One is the wonderful woman who had asked me to help (encounter type 2) and the other is a woman who knows me well in both roles (type 3, we’ve not only worked together at these types of events and been friends for many years, she also went to college classes for a year with me en femme). In truth, the three of us are a power team.

So there I was, hair in a low pony tail, dark green polo shirt, and men’s Dockers®, with my cell-phone case clipped to my belt, my keys and junk in my front pockets, and my wallet jammed uncomfortably in my back pocket, doing my best guy imitation.

Picking up items, setting up, and serving took all morning and into the afternoon.

Afterwards, since I was already dressed “en drab,” I ran a few of the errands that “he” usually runs, after which I stopped off at the local market to pick up some ice cream for our freezer.

At the checkout, the cashier and I made eye contact, smiled and said “Hello,” as she scanned my items.

I hadn’t brought my supermarket affinity card into the store, it was back in my femme wallet in my purse in the back of my car. Twice I tried the alternative method, entering my phone number into the little keypad at the checkout counter, and twice it didn’t work.

As I was pulling my guy wallet out of my back pocket, I quietly told the cashier it wasn’t working and, looking at me, she said, “What’s your phone number, Ma’m?”

You can bet that made my day!

Stay tuned!

Persephone
12-22-2009, 01:51 PM
By Friday, I was not only swimming in the Pink Sea©, I was completely submerged in it. Throwing caution to the winds, I decided that if I was going to drown I might as well drown in estrogen . . .

The morning started with a run/walk in my pinkest sweatsuit. Whatever was coursing through my veins was certainly good for me because I made the usual circuit of my neighborhood in a new personal best time.

I had an 11 a.m. eyebrow appointment with my æsthetician. I’ve always gone to my appointments with her in “high androgyny,” feminine pants, sometimes capris or shorts, a femme top, jewelry, makeup, and heels of one sort or another, but never when totally en femme with bra/forms or in a skirt.

Today it was “throw caution to the winds day” as I sank in, over my head, in the Pink Sea.

So I went totally en femme, wearing one of my favorite outfits, bra and forms, a soft lettuce edged patterned top with small embedded crystals, and a bias-cut pleated a-line skirt that swirls deliciously whenever I move.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/HuntingtonBarb.jpg
I’d wanted to wear my hair down as it appears in this photo of the same outfit, taken on a different occasion, but I ran out of time, so I pulled it back into a high pony tail, but brought down my bangs.

I was warmly greeted by the receptionists and said good morning to Reneé, one of manicurists whom I’m friendly with. Obviously, everyone must have immediately noticed my enhanced figure and fully femme clothing, but no-one said a thing! Was it a totally expected eventuality???

My æsthetician was busy in another room, so I sat down at her station, said “Hi” to the woman who works at the next station and to her client and waited for Cindy.

Cindy arrived, checked me out as women do with each other, and, in a somewhat surprised/delighted tone said, “You’ve got bangs!”

I said, “Yes, usually I comb them back, today I decided to wear them down.”

That was it! We then launched into a discussion of her Wedding that had taken place a couple of weeks before. She had a few of the preliminary pictures and I oooh’ed and ahhhh’ed over those. She really did look lovely, her gown was gorgeous, and, frankly, her Groom was pretty good looking too!

While we gushed about all the details, the æsthetician at the next station finished with her client, so she joined in the conversation as well.

When my brows were done, Cindy and I went up front to schedule my next appointment, after which we hugged goodbye, I said “Goodbye” to Reneé, and left the salon.

I had a lunch plan with one of my GG friends, a “Type 3” (she knows me both en drab and en femme, we’ve been friends for years, and she was another of the women who went to college with me en femme), so I drove over to the local mall to meet her.

We had a lovely lunch and then wandered around doing some shopping. I tried on a number of blouses, and scored three of them. Well, they were on sale . . . :).

(Stay tuned for tomorrow's surprising conclusion!).

Kathi Lake
12-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Surprising conclusion? Now ya got me hooked!

Persephone, what a wonderful week so far. I can't wait to hear about the rest.

Kathi

Persephone
12-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Friday night our 22-year old son arrived for the holidays. Most of Saturday we rested, relaxed, and caught up with things.

Saturday night all of us (my spouse, my son, and I) decided to go to Oil Can Harry’s to see Peter Mac and Dr. John Schaefer perform as Judy Garland and Bea Arthur. They do a superb job and are well worth seeing.

There were going to be people there who only know me en femme. I felt bad “switching” on my son’s first night home, but he assured me that it was “no problem.”

I wore an off-white crochet tunic and shell over a new pencil skirt and 5” open-toed stilettos.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/100_2929Crop.jpg

We all enjoyed the show and then we decided to go to the Magic Castle!

For those unfamiliar with the Magic Castle, it is an exclusive private club in Hollywood open only to magicians, their friends and guests. It is housed in a former Victorian mansion a blocks or so north of Sid Grauman’s Chinese Theater (the one with the footprints).

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/magiccastle.jpg

As the Castle’s website explains, “The Magic Castle is the world's most famous club for magicians and magic enthusiasts and home to The Academy of Magical Arts, Inc.

The Magic Castle is the showplace for some of the greatest magicians from around the globe. We also take great pride in showcasing the magnificent building that houses the Magic Castle. Built in 1908, this storied mansion has watched Hollywood grow and change for almost 100 years while never losing its original charm.”

The Magic Castle has a strict dress code for evening guests:
Men
• Men must be in coat and tie (standard or bow tie)
• Exceptions to the "tie rule" are: turtlenecks, bolo ties, ascots, jeweled collars, ruffled collars and banded collars.
• Military Dress, ethnic and/or religious attire will also be allowed.
• No zippered jackets, outdoor jackets, polo shirts, t-shirts, denim (or colored denim), shorts, sandals, flip flops, sneakers or sneaker-like shoes are allowed.
• Leather jackets (with buttons) and leather pants are allowed.
• No casual attire will be allowed. Think business attire!
Women
• Women must be in a dress, cocktail dress, elegant skirt & blouse combination, pant suit with a matching jacket (think business suit), or evening pant suit ensemble.
• Military Dress, ethnic and/or religious attire will also be allowed.
• No outdoor or zippered jackets, polo shirts, denim (or colored denim), Capri pants, shorts, skorts, flip flops, sneakers or sneaker-like shoes are allowed.
• No casual or inappropriate attire will be allowed. Think elegant attire!

We arrived and, after our hostess provided the appropriate credentials and we satisfied the receptionists that we were all appropriately dressed, we entered the Magic Castle!

There are several showrooms (and several bars) in the Castle and we had a great time attending shows, people watching, and enjoying the festive atmosphere.

Finally, a bit past midnight, we left and headed home. I must admit that after many hours of standing, walking, and going up and down stairs it felt wonderful to remove my shoes and to stand on solid, and level, ground.

That’s it! The end of what for me was “the incredible week that was!” I hope you’ve enjoyed coming along.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Phyliss
12-24-2009, 05:01 AM
I've been waiting to hear the whole story before saying anything.

Words fail me. An epic week for you, and one that'll remain in your memory for the longest time.

You're so truly blessed to have friends around you that accept you for the wonderful person you are.

az_azeel
12-24-2009, 01:58 PM
What a superb week you had... looked like a lot of fun.... ;)

Shelly Preston
12-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Congratulations on an amazing week

I am sure you will have some memories which will last a lifetime

I have enjoyed reading about your week thank your for sharing it with us :hugs:

Kathi Lake
12-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Persephone,

What a wonderful week! Way to get your girl on! Why, oh why, such a tiny little picture of you though. Sure the Magic Castle is pretty, but we want to see you, hon!

Kathi

Persephone
01-02-2010, 03:39 AM
Last week I went to my manicurist for my biweekly acrylic fill. She has only seen me fully en femme on Halloweens (she and the others in shop, including clients, always seem to look forward to my annual arrival) although I constantly push the envelope big time with her. For example, I always wear heels of various types, often stilettos, everything femme, including makeup; everything that is except bra, forms, and skirts (except Halloween). And she has only known and only ever called me by my drab name.

Well, the manicurist at the next station turns out to be one of the Mah Jongg players and when my manicurist mentioned my name to her lately, the other woman said, "Her name is Dee now."

Great!?!!