PDA

View Full Version : Sarah's 2009

Sarah_new
12-18-2009, 07:07 AM
2009 has been a big year for Sarah. 2009 saw the return of my crossdressing urges and because I had purged previous forays into this world it was start again time. Some of this was easy, tights etc from supermarkets. However shoes and clothes were a little more difficult. One thing I learnt early on, is that most of the problems we face are actually in our head and no-where else. Sure there are a few common sense guidelines but act politely and you find it is never as bad as you think it will be.

So briefly the highlights.

Trying a dress on en drab. I was in a store (New Look) and couldn't determine what size I needed, so I picked up one and took it to the cash desk to inquire about the returns policy intending to buy it, take it home, try it on and return if not the right size. Anyway I happened to mention it was for me and the SA said you can try it on if you want. So I did and found the right size. Similar experience the following week in another store (Miss Selfridge).

Buying make-up. I was looking at foundation and trying to work out the right colour match. The SA come over and asked if she could help. I said that I was trying to find the right colour for me. She said take a seat and we can do a colour match if you want. I did, no problem as we found the right colour. This has since worked at all make up counters I've approached even though I was always en drab.

More make-up: Eyes next and ended up having mini-makeovers at MAC, Lancome and Bare Essentials whilst trying to determine the colours that suited me. Make-up collection growing!

More clothes. Having broken the ice in the first two stores, shopping in those was no longer nerve wracking and I was always treated as just another customer. I was now shopping underdressed and wearing femme trousers and lowish heels. Tried some other stores, Oasis was something special as without hesitation as soon as they realised I was buying for myself it was, "you can try them on if you want". One or two others were also fine when I asked (conclusion: shop at quiet times and you'll rarely have a problem).

Shoes: Of the stores mentioned earlier only New Look regularly stocks size 9 (UK), but on occasions others (Next, Faith) also do. However I found priceless shoes carry size 9 on a regular basis so I got another pair of (lower heeled) shoes from there. Found some boots in Next and some great open toed shoes in Faith. Faith is one of those shoe shops where you have to engaged the SA, but again no problems.

Photos. Now armed with sufficient clothes it was photo time, initially indoors but some outdoors at isolated spots (I didn't have a wig and my makeup skills were still very basic at this time).

Hair/Wig. it was that time and the next step to buy a wig. Fortunately I located an online supplier that also did fittings by appointment that wasn't too far away (40 minute drive). I did two visits and ended up with two different wigs.

Out fully en-femme. In November I finally made that big step and ventured out fully en-femme. I chose the shopping area of a large town during a weekday morning for this venture. I was extremely nervous but I did it and again and in another town and in a nearby city. I eventually plucked up enough courage on one visit to actually purchase something femme, a black bra. Yes I was read when I spoke, but wasn't given any grief.

Makeover: I wanted a full makeover. I had decided that it would be at MAC and with the girl that had shown me so much time and respect when I was in the early stages of make-up buying. Anyway as described in another recent thread when I walked in to book she hadn't initially realised it was me but when she did, she gave me a big hug and that made me feel great. The makeover, http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121975 was wonderful.

It's been a full year for Sarah, dressing has been taken to new levels. It will be hard to purge this time as it has become a big part of my life right now. Where to next? I don't know, more outings for sure, more interactions as confidence grows and hopefully Sarah will meet one or two of the girls local(ish) to her.

With that, its time to let Sarah have a break for the holidays. Yes I'm still firmly in the closet. Sarah will be online at times during the holiday season and will definitely return in the flesh and online in 2010. Apologies for the length of this thread but I so wanted to share the highlights of my year with you all as I have gained so much support and confidence from this site, I felt it was time to show how far I had come.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone on this site.

melissacd
12-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Sarah,

It sounds like you had an amazing year of growth in 2009 and I am wishing you an awesome 2010. Thanks for sharing your wonderful journey with us.

Huggs
Melissa

Kathi Lake
12-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Sarah,

At this level of acceleration, you will find yourself having more and more fun each year. I'm so glad that you are going about this the "right" way (in my opinion, anyway) - that you're being honest with shopkeepers and SAs about your intentions, not being too nervous, etc.

I hope 2010 brings you much more happiness!

Kathi

Brandi Wyne
12-18-2009, 01:44 PM
So, what's next? High tea with the Queen? LOL It sounds like you have had a great year of personal growth.

Tomara
12-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi Sarah
It is amazing what can happen in a years time and you have certainly made some huge personal strides which you should be very proud of. Congratulations !
I hope you enjoy your holidays and have a happy and healthy 2010.
Tomara