PDA

View Full Version : How one event changes your whole life

AKAMichelle
12-18-2009, 10:47 AM
I have owned my own business for 25+ years. I long ago forgot how to work for anybody else. 3 years ago I lost almost everything I had because of partners stealing. It wasn't the first time that I lost most of my possessions, but it was the worst. 2 times before I lost almost everything I had only to rebuild bigger and better. This time was much different. The damage was much deeper.

Their actions caused a cascade of events which were very devastating to me. It pushed me to the point of seriously considering suicide. I thought about it for almost 2 years. Nothing helped. Then in January 2008 I got up the courage to tell my wife about my crossdressing. That didn't go very well as you can tell from some of my postings. In June 2008 we separated. At first this separation was like many of the other separations in our marriage ( 8 in total now), we would separate for awhile and then work things out. This one turned out to be much different. My life was at a crossroads and I needed to find my way. I took the time alone to finally deal with me.

I started getting at the root cause of my depression. It was FEAR! I have never been afraid. I had been in business for over 25 years. Fear was something which I didn't know how to conquer because I had never had it. I was the kind of person who would cold call strangers looking for business. Now I was scared. So in August 2008 I decided to try and find other crossdressers. I joined the local Tri-Ess group and finally got to meet a cd'er which I had been wanting to talk with for 2 years. Through several conversations Datti (other Cd'er) convinced me to confront my fears and I did. I still remember vividly that night that I walked out of the house fully dressed. It was terrible. I was so scared. I was read almost immediately. Through my survival I began to get my backbone back. At first going shopping in a nearby city to movies, shopping, mall, and eating out in my neighborhood. Meeting other Cd'ers and finding friends who were accepting. In one short year I had found myself and began to recover my business.

During that year of crossdressing whenever I wanted, I found the confidence to do whatever I needed. I started growing my business back to a reasonable level. Even as we were going deeper into a recession, my business was recovering. Because I got over my fear and started calling other businesses looking for work, I finally met 2 other business owners who are now becoming partners with me. We are doing a project together that I have been trying to complete for 10 years. Next week we will sign contracts with the first payments coming in January and continuing for 1 year. In 6 months I will complete most of what I have been trying to complete for the last 10 years.

In several years from now, I may own an international company. My business will have grown far bigger than ever expected. Don't be afraid. Fear is a very powerful set of ball and chains. It will crush your dreams and cause you to live only part of your life. I am enclosing a poem which has meant a lot to me over the years. I hope it will help someone else live their life to the fullest.

LAW OF AUTOSUGGESTION

If you think you are beaten, you are,
If you think you dare not, you don’t,
If you like to win, but think you can’t,
It is almost certain you won’t.

If you think you’ll lose, you’re lost,
For out in the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow’s will-
Its all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are,
You’ve got to think high to rise,
You’ve got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.

Life’s battles don’t always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But soon or later the man who wins
Is the man WHO THINKS HE CAN!

Unknown Author

It all began because I walked out of the house dressed one night in August 2008.

Prissy Linda
12-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Michelle.

That was a very inspiring post, got me thinking about some of my fears although my fears are not related to dressing. Thank you...

Brandi Wyne
12-18-2009, 10:59 AM
I've read a quote that applies to all things we fear:"Do the thing you fear the most and you have conquered fear itself."

It sounds like you have taken a tortured journey, and yet you sound like a person who is both liberated an focused. I applaude you. Looking at the last 25 years or so, would you say that your male for female side has driven you the most towards you present situation?

LisaM
12-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Wonderful post, Michelle!!!

Sherry-Stephanie
12-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Cool....congrats on overcoming and growing...both emotionally as well as the business....

What's the deal on the marriage????

AKAMichelle
12-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Cool....congrats on overcoming and growing...both emotionally as well as the business....

What's the deal on the marriage????

As with all things, it takes time to make the final decision. We are going to a marriage counselor to deal with our issues next year sometime. I don't know what to expect. My wife is the impression that 95% of our problems have to do with crossdressing. I have told her so many times that crossdressing is only 5%. I am looking forward to finding a conclusion to that drama in my life. I am very interested of her response when she finds out that I have been telling her the truth all this time. It is only 5% and the rest of the issues are the ones which really matter in my mind.

Looking at the last 25 years or so, would you say that your male for female side has driven you the most towards you present situation?

I would have to say that until you finally come to grips with yourself, you suppress, deny and ignore the feelings of being feminine. So to answer your question - almost exclusively male. Even today the feminine feelings are but a part of the whole. I am a mix. Mostly male and some female traits. I personally think that it allows to keep only the best parts of both.

But the irony is that until I found my feminine side, I had a lot of problems in my male side.

Karren H
12-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Wow... I've discovered that fear can be good!! Yeah a lot of fear is overwhelming but a little fear can give you enough respect and keeps you in touch with things that can and will become dangereous... Being fearless usually equates to eventual death...

anna kate
12-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Michelle, I don't know how this is going to sound, because I'm not much for giving advice. From the heart though, yes, conquer the fear, get things ironed out with the wife and grow your business. BUT, see if you can grow your business, WITHOUT partners. Had my own business for 25 years (now retired) with a partner for ten of those years. So here goes my advice, the only partner you should have is a loving wife, who will look out for your best intrests. Partners are usually "partners" because they don't have the nerve to go it alone, or they are out to use you for what ever they can get. Better you should hire somebody and pay them well, to do what you would expect a partner to do. Employees, you can fire, when they mess up the works.
I'm sure this will ruffle a few feathers, but this has been my experience.
:2c:

DiannaRose
12-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Michelle, you are an inspiration! God bless you for getting past the fear, for taking the chances, for wanting to work things out with your wife. Congratulations on bringing the business up and for taking that first walk outside your door. And thank you for the poem.

:)

LynnInDenver
12-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Nice to see you've been getting a handle... and I'm glad that Datti helped you out. I take her as an inspiration myself in terms of blending my two sides together. Not that it's been an easy road so far.

joandher
12-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi I once had a partner and he too stole from the partnership and left me to sort it all out it took 5 yrs of hard work to clear the debt and live on meager rations for me and my wife
I didn't take my dads advise he said " there is only one ship that never sails and that's a partnership" be aware????

but I love your post and that's encouraging and I'm glad you are getting back on your feet (heels)

Wish you well

:hugs: J-JAY

SuzanneBender
12-19-2009, 12:55 AM
First and formost Dear good luck with your marriage.

This was an inspirational post and ohhh so true. Fear can stop us in out tracks or it can provide us with the motivation we need to open new doors like you did as your walked out that door in 2008. Bottom line there are consequences for every action we take. Sometimes those consequences will cause old chapters in our lives to close, but at the same new chapters to open.

Emily01
12-19-2009, 01:58 AM
a fascinating and inspiring post! i thank you for it and look forward to more happy results! thanks! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: