PDA

View Full Version : Looks good... Matches your eye brows!

Karren H
12-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Too funny... Came back from lunch and had bought some new nylons and some socks at Walgreens and when I came in the building.... The receptionist asks me how my day off was yesterday... First I pulled out a pair of socks and said "you want to see a cute pair of socks?". Christmas penguins and she says "they for you?. Yeah though I might give them to my wife". Lol

Then I went on to explain most of what went on at home yesterday.. Minus the dressing up part and told her about coloring my hair and how it turned out redder than I had liked.. She says"". Looks good... It matchs your eye brows". That's because I colored them too and she gives me this look like... huh? "Its an engineer thing.... I have to have them match!". And she started to laugh..

Mean while a guy I didn't know that well... who had worked out in the fitness center was passing by taking his workout clothes to his car.... With a pinkish towel and a couple of the guys were giving him hell about it... Hey.. I have that same towel and I keep a pink mini-mouse towel in my hockey bag!! The other guys shut up and wandered off.. When the guy came back in he thanked me for standing up to them and asked where I played because he wants to get back into hockey... We talked about hockey for 10 minutes...

So now a few more people know that even tough guy hockey players can love pink and have colored hair!! :)

Christina Horton
12-18-2009, 02:28 PM
:DThat's so cool hun. Ya made me laugh out load as only you can do. Thank you hun. Oh I saw your pic on FB and you do look good. As always.:D

DiannaRose
12-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Karren, I love how you're so cool with everything, how nothing throws you! You inspire me, girl! :)

Kate Simmons
12-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Geez I can see it all now Karr. People like us will still be doing this stuff in a rocking chair, sitting there with our purple or blue wigs, knitting for the great grand kids.:heehee:

cdLainie
12-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Good for you standing up to those guy's. If every one in the world was willing to just standup and say something that it would be a much more tolerent place.

Miranda09
12-18-2009, 03:33 PM
There you go Karren...Besides, when you're in the gym and sweaty, who cares what color your towel is!!! Good comeback tho...:)

Alice B
12-18-2009, 03:38 PM
You always crack me up with how you go about things and handle situations. I thought about coloring my hair, but my wife's response was "no way!"

Frédérique
12-18-2009, 04:02 PM
With a pinkish towel and a couple of the guys were giving him hell about it... Hey.. I have that same towel and I keep a pink mini-mouse towel in my hockey bag!! The other guys shut up and wandered off.. When the guy came back in he thanked me for standing up to them and asked where I played because he wants to get back into hockey...

You’re doing excellent work for the game of hockey, Karren! A couple of guys making fun of another guy’s pink towel – how crass. You need to keep pointing out to others that it’s possible to be one thing (or look one way) and be another completely different thing at the same time. Keeping everything in balance is all part of being human, wouldn’t you say? The towel-bullies at the health club are definitely backward thinkers, but you can skate backwards – now, that’s really something! :battingeyelashes:

Lorileah
12-18-2009, 04:29 PM
*has this image now of the locker room after the game*

New guy snaps "Karren" with pink towel "Great game eh?" (Hockey players say "eh" a lot) "we had some good fun. Thanks for telling me about your team"

Male "Karren" "Yeah that was fun. Say what do you use to moisturize after a workout like that?"

New guy "I found some stuff at Ulta. Here try some, it is gardenia>" Tosses to "Karren"

"Hey Thanks. Any youse other guys want to try this eh?"

New goaltender "Yeah toss it over here."

Won't be any 5 minute majors on that team :)

way to go Karren :hugs:

Karren H
12-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Funny thing is I have moisturizer in my hockey bag! Lol. And say eh a lot... the only penalty I got lately was 2 minutes for charging... Knocked this girl over and was trying to see what kind of bras she had on when I fell onm top of her! :D

sherri52
12-18-2009, 08:23 PM
My son once asked me for a clean towel and I gave him a maroon one. He gave me a big song and danceand declined the towel because he associated it with being gay because it was red. The very next day I got back at him when he cam out of his room wearing a fire engine red pair of shorts. I don't know why people care what color towel they use as long as it gets you dry.

Andy66
12-18-2009, 08:41 PM
You're an engineer? Well that explains a lot. I think you're expected to be something of an eccentric genius. Glad to hear you're using your powers for good. ;)

jenna_woods
12-18-2009, 08:59 PM
good for you kareen, you sure stick up for your self,

PretzelGirl
12-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Funny thing is I have moisturizer in my hockey bag! Lol. And say eh a lot... the only penalty I got lately was 2 minutes for charging... Knocked this girl over and was trying to see what kind of bras she had on when I fell onm top of her! :D

For you, charging shouldn't be a penalty. You would be forever in the box. Having it declined should be though!

SuzanneBender
12-19-2009, 12:41 AM
Karren you are fantabulous! I would love to have been there. It amazes me how someone so tough and straight forward can also be so beautiful and passionate. Keep it up girl!

Karren H
12-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Lol... If they came into my office they would probably gasp.... Pink tissues and some pink desk accessories! (Pink heels under my desk) Thinking about asking for a pink laptop when my current ones lease comes due! :D

susie evans
12-19-2009, 12:56 PM
KARREN that's great but i have no hair to color any more LAL :hugs:susie

Vicki-Z
12-19-2009, 02:25 PM
New guy snaps "Karren" with pink towel "Great game eh?" (Hockey players say "eh" a lot)

Of course they say "eh" a lot. That's a requirement for the game. After all it comes from the "Great White North" ( in others words "Canada" )

After reading Lorileah image of what happens in the locker room I think Karren is doing more for the game of hockey than Wayne Gretzky ever did. lol :lol2:

Keep up the good work Karren, I mean it. I love how you stuck up for the guy with the pink towel you're an inspiration.

Vicki :cheer:

tonixd
12-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Pink all the way!!
Do you think that Teal'c would use a pink towel? I think he would.

SuzanneBender
12-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Lol... If they came into my office they would probably gasp.... Pink tissues and some pink desk accessories! (Pink heels under my desk) Thinking about asking for a pink laptop when my current ones lease comes due! :D

Ordered my new Dell in a leopard print. All my wife and kids said when I pulled it out of the box was jeez!

Vicki-Z
12-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Thinking about asking for a pink laptop when my current ones lease comes due! :D

Ordered my new Dell in a leopard print. All my wife and kids said when I pulled it out of the box was jeez!

Great idea! No more fighting with the kids for the laptop. At least not the boys.... maybe! lol :lol2:

Karren H
12-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Pink all the way!!
Do you think that Teal'c would use a pink towel? I think he would.

Indeed!! :D

linnea
12-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Great experience! Standing up for the guy with the pink towel was the tops to me. When the opportunity arises, we should all stand up for pink whether in towels, socks, panties, or whatever.
Always fun to read your comments--thank you.

Margot
12-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Geez Karen!
and you really think people have not got you figured out. You're such a sweet thing!
:love:
Margot

Karren H
12-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah!! Thanks girls..... funny too because I was actually getting into talking girly stuff with the receptionist when the guy with the pink towel wandered buy.... Kind of ruined my "girl talk" time with here.... sigh..... lol

linnea
12-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Having your "girl talk" time spoiled by the guy walking by with a pink towel and you speaking out in his defense--that is very funny!

Christina Horton
12-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Of course they say "eh" a lot. That's a requirement for the game. After all it comes from the "Great White North" ( in others words "Canada" )

After reading Lorileah image of what happens in the locker room I think Karren is doing more for the game of hockey than Wayne Gretzky ever did. lol :lol2:

Keep up the good work Karren, I mean it. I love how you stuck up for the guy with the pink towel you're an inspiration.

Vicki :cheer:

Eh Eh Eh now it's not white up here all the time ya know , it does get green for aboot 3or 4 days in the summer ya know Eh. Plus we don't all say eh all the time Eh. We only use it when you Americians are around Eh. So don't put your foot in your mouth (it could freeze there Eh) ya hosers!!!!!

Oh girls I forgot I was thinking of having T shirts made that say "it's the pink fog that makes life worth living" Cool Eh. We could use that as our sing to other Cds Eh. Good idea Eh. I think so Eh.