PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know you

PretzelGirl
12-18-2009, 09:50 PM
To me, one of the best things about this forum is making friends and that gets cemented when you are able to meet face-to-face.

Today, I got to meet another of our sisters here, Juanita. This meeting was a long time coming as we talked about it when I first joined this board. Since there was a lot that was new to my wife at the time, I didn't want to push her acceptance by meeting people from on-line. But as I became sure that she was comfortable (by her saying "GOOOO"), I told Juanita that we could finally meet.

We met up for lunch and had a wonderful talk (no gossip, really :whistling:). Since neither of us has taken that first step of being in the public eye, this meeting was in drab (no pictures, sorry). I was amazed at how close we were in where we are currently at in our dressing.

I also think that we may have another girl here that will tread the trails cleared by Kathi Lake in bringing the SAs to our side. One thing that this meet certainly did for the both us is to make us both a little more comfortable. The talk was not long enough and we had to promise to do it again. Thank you for a wonderful lunch! :hugs:

P.S. - Linnea, I had my rubber band on and saw a crossdresser!

sherri52
12-18-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm glad you sisters got to meet. Even in drab you get to talk about enfemme items thaty you wouldn't talk about to other man.

Charla McBee
12-18-2009, 10:29 PM
I envy that, but for this website, I have never talked to anyone about this, let alone someone of like mind. I hope to make big changes in the years to come.

AllieSF
12-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Most of my T friends have been met on line and most of those on this site. I have met them in drab and gone out in darg, so they know both sides of me. The most important for me is if our personalities compliment each other, not so much how we look. Though, I do like it when we have somewhat similar tastes and care towards dressing.

Sarah Doepner
12-18-2009, 10:45 PM
this is good to hear, we are building community here in our pretty great state.

Teri Jean
12-18-2009, 11:03 PM
I have met a few from the forum and two are in my book club. It is a great feeling you are not alone and when you meet and form a more traditional friendship it is so wonderful.

Teri

SuzanneBender
12-19-2009, 12:30 AM
I love the sisters here and have never felt this close to people in an online community. I can't wait to meet a lot of the women on this site especially those local sisters and I was thinking about arranging a girls weekend soon.

msginaadoll
12-19-2009, 12:48 PM
I have only officially met one forum member here. But based on that would love to meet others. I do think may have run itno some of the lovely ladies at the clubs and not known it. Guess that is what hapens when u are shy.

linnea
12-19-2009, 05:26 PM
To me, one of the best things about this forum is making friends and that gets cemented when you are able to meet face-to-face.

Today, I got to meet another of our sisters here, Juanita. This meeting was a long time coming as we talked about it when I first joined this board. Since there was a lot that was new to my wife at the time, I didn't want to push her acceptance by meeting people from on-line. But as I became sure that she was comfortable (by her saying "GOOOO"), I told Juanita that we could finally meet.

We met up for lunch and had a wonderful talk (no gossip, really :whistling:). Since neither of us has taken that first step of being in the public eye, this meeting was in drab (no pictures, sorry). I was amazed at how close we were in where we are currently at in our dressing.

I also think that we may have another girl here that will tread the trails cleared by Kathi Lake in bringing the SAs to our side. One thing that this meet certainly did for the both us is to make us both a little more comfortable. The talk was not long enough and we had to promise to do it again. Thank you for a wonderful lunch! :hugs:

P.S. - Linnea, I had my rubber band on and saw a crossdresser!

Wahooo! Thank you so much for thinking of me and for wearing your rubber band!

I have had a couple of meetings with other CDs, and it has been wonderful; thank you for sharing your experience.