PDA

View Full Version : Car accident(s!) en femme

dilane
12-19-2009, 12:36 AM
Yes, I've had two (2) minor fender-benders while en-femme. The only accidents I've been involved in since I was 17.

What are the chances?

Not only that, but both occurred at the same intersection, about 200 yards from my house.

Number 1) I was stopped behind a young woman who was about to make a left turn who was parly in the intersection.

She decided to back up without looking in her mirror. I thought omg, she's going to hit me, and tried to honk my horn, but it was too late -- bump!

We both pulled over and exchanged ID's. I said "I look a little different in the picture", and she just gave me a look and said "Oh, I thought maybe you were" and wrote down my information. She called me later and asked me to let her brother in law fix it at his body shop. So I drove over (boy mode) to his shop and introduced myself. He gave me a queer look, with a little half smile, but it was all business after that.

Number 2) I was in the right lane at the same corner. There was a van to my left. The van decided to make a right turn from the left lane -- scrape! Off came my bumper.

Now I was a total pro, and wasn't even a bit nervous. He took my info but couldn't resist giving me a good wolf-like top to bottom appraising look. He did accuse me of sneaking up on him, and said that he was signalling (he was not).

This one took photos, detailed diagrams, and a vigorous defense to get his insurance company to cover it, but they did. Nothing was ever mentioned about my presentation, although the other driver must have told his insurance adjuster.

Nothing like mixing it up with the real world, right?

-- Diane

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-19-2009, 01:00 AM
Yuck! Car accidents are brutal... I've always dreaded having one when I'm wearing a skirt in the car or something (I don't go out fully en femme hardly ever)... The closest I've come to that is that I ran out of gas once really close to a gas station, and was fully in guy mode except for my bra and forms. I had to get out and push, and about 5 other people helped me push it up the hill into place to fill 'er up. No one said anything...thank God... It was the first time anyone had ever SEEN me with my forms on! I'm sure my face was beet-red.

Terri Andrews
12-19-2009, 04:57 AM
I have had one acciodent while dressed . The car hit me on the drivers side .
I did a quick change into the paper coveralls that I carry ,I am not sure what I looked like ,but neither they or the officer made any comments .
I was lucky that no one was hurt and that I had time to get changed . That was years ago ,now I still carry my emergency bag ,but not sure if I would bother changing .

Hope
12-19-2009, 05:47 AM
I wasn't dressed - but what are the chances?

Returning to my hotel, in the rental car, from buying my first ever pair of heels, I was following another car when we both turned left onto a side street. About 1/4 of the way down the block the guy in front of me stomped on his breaks and stopped short. It was no big deal, there was plenty of space and I just stopped behind him, waiting for whatever caused him to stop to clear - and to get back to moving again. Wait - wait - wait ... THEN he starts backing up! Obviously he wasn't looking behind him, and in the rental it took me too long to find the horn, and he backed right into me. There was no visible damage, but I took his info just in case. When I returned the car, the lot lakie looked at the fender and started to say there was "something" "not right" about it... but the manager couldn't identify anything, so all was well.

Kaitlyn Michele
12-19-2009, 08:50 AM
I started my transition in July of this year.

I'm not working right now, so for the first couple months I spent alot of alone time and with close friends...i was very very nervous and needed a kick in the butt....

so i started going out with friends and on one of my first days, i was going to lunch and was hit in the back bumper at one of the busiest intersections in philadelphia....it was 80 degrees and i had a nice jeans skirt, tank top, flip flops and of course male id...

well it was 90 minutes of attention...pulled over with 1000's of cars passing..had to show my male ID to the driver who was working..so we had to wait for somebody from his work to come with insurance info...3 cops were at the intersection..e.tc etc...

Here's the thing....it was fine....the cop looked at me and my ID and he said.."so you're telling me this is You??" if you think about it, he doesnt really care..unless my car regs, or id comes up on his computer he just checks the box...if he showed any disrespect i didnt see it...the other driver...he said..."DAMN MAN!!" and just smiled and filled out my forms and continued to converse with me...he was very nice and apologetic...

I want to pass this on to all my friends here....it was FINE!! (outside of the pain in the butt)....you just get through it....in fact it really helped me start to realize that I could be totally and completely comfortable in public, regardless of how well I'm accepted as female.

:)

NV Susan
12-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Wow, I'm sorry I read this thread because I'm getting ready to put on a skirt and blouse and take a ride thru the desert for the day!!! I hope I don't have a story like this to add to this thread when I get back this afternoon......:eek:

donnatracey
12-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Wow, I'm sorry I read this thread because I'm getting ready to put on a skirt and blouse and take a ride thru the desert for the day!!! I hope I don't have a story like this to add to this thread when I get back this afternoon......:eek:

Well, the odds of hitting another vehicle, or being hit, in the desert are rather slim, don't you think? Now, OTOH, if your car should break down and you have to hitch, etc...that's another question....:eek:

Loni
12-19-2009, 02:39 PM
having known a lesaben (I know spelling) who was a emt, she got to see it all,
most in the medical world will keep it no problem, they are there to help.

but I just do not want the lable "gay poss HIV" on my medical files.
way too many people can look there.

and I have been in too many finder bumpers and just this past June a very bad headon one.

NathalieX66
12-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Diane, sorry to hear that.
That sounds awful, but remember the old Murphy's Law : Things always go wrong at the worst time in the worst possible place.

I was planning on going en femme to a party tonight, but it is an hour & a half drive, and it is now blizzard conditions in the northeast. I already had one fender-bender last month where a cell phone-talking woman in a BMW decided to make a left turn in front of me. I was in drab. If I went out tonight, I would be just another tragedy in a purple cocktail dress, and I tend to attract bad luck like nobody can .

RADER
12-19-2009, 04:05 PM
I hope that the two accdents did not cause your Inshurance to go up.
I once had a rear window broken at a job sight in my Suberban. My only
clame to them in the 15 years with the company. Two months later they
droped me. Go figure. Rader :eek:

sherri52
12-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Never had an accident while dressed but did have to go through a spot check by the police. Shook the whole time I was moving up in line. Just as I got there the officer waved me through. Saved by the bell you might say.

theresa
12-19-2009, 05:27 PM
I always wondered how I would handle an accident enfemme. You are one cool headed lady. Hope I can do as well if it ever happens to me.

linnea
12-19-2009, 11:51 PM
A bad way to have a good experience (or sort of a good experience); at least it worked out okay for you. Good going.

trannie T
12-20-2009, 12:20 AM
There are few things that make me a better more cautious driver than getting dressed.

Rachel Morley
12-20-2009, 01:18 PM
It wasn't exactly an accident but something similar happened to me and my wife about a year ago. My wife was driving, it was late at night after we'd been to a TG party. We were on the freeway and we got a flat tire, except that when we pulled over to get the spare out, for some reason it was flat too! Ooops!

We were both wearing dresses and heels and of course I had no boy clothes available to me (I never do). Anyway, we called the rescue tow truck and when the guy arrived my wife did all the talking and sat in the middle next to guy. I just smiled a lot and said as little as possible. I don't know if he read me but he didn't say anything. It would have been mega scary if I'd have been on my own, thankfully I wasn't.