PDA

View Full Version : You can look, but dont look!

msginaadoll
12-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Reading another post about going out maybe me think of that. I have to admit I have a little bit of the narcisist in me. I like to be noticed, and when Im out I want to look attractive. Yet there is that eternal conflict, the want to be noticed yet the worry that you are noticed. The internal questioning do they think I'm a GG or are they looking at a freak show. Ever want to do your best Robert DeNiro impersonation and ask "Are you loooking at me.... are you looking at me. ? " Anyone have any intersting experiences with that have you every asked somebody why they were staring or looking if it was so obvious. Have you ever turned and stared right back till they looked away. For me I generally feel like Im ignored, which is a relief or is it? The one time I was approached by a non sales associate, i mumbled something incoherently when I was asked for directions by a man.

kellycan27
12-19-2009, 12:39 PM
I will stare right back at them, or give em the :strugglin look. Or maybe stick my finger in my nose. Although before doing that I usually look down and make sure nothin's hanging out ya know? Are all my buttons, buttoned :heehee:

Kel

joannemarie barker
12-19-2009, 12:48 PM
come off it kelly,nobody is gonna think you're a guy lol :)

Karren H
12-19-2009, 01:04 PM
I've been noticed on numerous occasions going into a rest area' public restroom enfemme and coming out male and always wondered what they thought.. Many wife eyes usually.. Thought about getting a clipboard and doing a poll which would be kind of cool but then again I really don't care what they think! :)

Zenith
12-19-2009, 01:05 PM
You sort of have to be careful not to stare back or you tend to skew the results.

When I first started full time, I would get just a glance. Like a sort of..."well maybe a girl or maybe a guy but...meh".

Then it became almost nada...even in the busiest places, Logan, KCI, Milwalkee, major airports, crowded places, etc.

Since you mention wanting to be attractive, I'll address it. I only know what friends tell me. But once you dress sharp and look nice you will get looks again but different ones. GGs will approach you with GG questions and wardrobe compliments/advice. Guys will approach you with guy pickup lines. And I have noticed walking across multilane crosswalks in heels slowly, in reflections of windows, peripheral vision etc...guys will look and start checking you out...you know coz the smile in a happy way not condescending or smirking but like they like what they see...sometimes I do want to turn around and say "STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!" but it is all part of the female experience and one has to take it with grace...either that or deck 'em :eek: lol

Kate Simmons
12-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Whether welcome or not, I usually just ignore any stares and go about my business. Looks are free but talking with me (if courageous enough) will cost you dinner.:heehee:

kellycan27
12-19-2009, 02:06 PM
come off it kelly,nobody is gonna think you're a guy lol :)

:sad: Does that mean I can't play? :heehee:

Vicki-Z
12-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Kelly worried!!! Yeah, right!!! Tell me another one! :eek:

No one will ever mistake you for a guy. I wished I looked even half as good as you!

Vicki :cheer:

tinalynn
12-19-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm happily married, but Kelly is pretty enough to make me think about it. No way is she worried about getting marked... :)

I've caught several guys admiring as I walk by. Sometimes I turn to look and scare them off! I know the reactions I'll get simply because I'm a guy and do the same thing when I get caught looking at a girl! It's fun, funny, and empowering all at the same time. And, of course, I've been marked more than I care to think about. Most recently, walking through a mall, a man remarked to his wife "that was questionable" just after I walked by. Didn't react, just kept walking. Later, the clerked asked for my ID when she had trouble scanning the card. Told it was in the car, she made it work and sent me on my way. No reaction on her part, so it's all good...

Frédérique
12-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Anyone have any intersting experiences with that have you every asked somebody why they were staring or looking if it was so obvious. Have you ever turned and stared right back till they looked away.

I don’t get out enough to answer your question properly, so I probably shouldn’t respond at all (when has that ever stopped me?), but I’m wondering how I would react to being stared at in public…:thinking:

I would probably withdraw, retreat, or escape to my own space as soon as possible, but it would be funny to be approached by a man and be forced to explain myself. Maybe I wouldn’t, or I might use the occasion to point out our differences (excuse the pun). This almost happened to me a couple of times, but I saw the scenario coming and neatly avoided any confrontation. I would rather slip by unnoticed and have the presence of a ghost, but this is how I feel whether I’m dressed or not – shyness breeds cultivated invisibility in this girl…:o

Frédérique -- rescuing threads from page 3 since July of '09...:hugs: