PDA

View Full Version : Book club Christmas party

Teri Jean
12-19-2009, 12:04 PM
This past Thursday was a day off from work and time to get some of the last minute shopping done as well as going to our book club Christmas party. And it was a wonderful day/evening and drive home.

Now I live 24-7 as my RLE in my transition but the chance to get out of my normal comfort zone, so-to-speak, and drive to and shop in an area of the state can be exciting. Some would say I could only dress enfemme and shop away from home but I found it far to easy to do so close to home.

I live in the southern part of Minnesota and the activity was going to be in the twin cities so there is an hour and half drive to get there and then a day of shopping and driving around with a icing of a wonderful party. After the shopping and two meals out it was time to Partay. WoooHooo.

The group that came is such a wonderful collection of gals and guys and we had such a great time together. Our host and hostess opened their home to 20+ members for an evening of eating and drinking and conversations. The food was so wonderful, eat your heart out Martha Stewart, and the wine and drinks were so appropriate for the evening. But as always every good event comes to an end. The two hour drive home was uneventful but the evenings events made it so worth it. To all the girls and guys that were there I hope you had as much fun as I.

Teri

MAJESTYK
12-19-2009, 03:39 PM
What an interesting sounding time! May you have many more.

pamela_a
12-19-2009, 06:30 PM
You are so right sis, it was a wonderful evening.

I would like to add that the host and hostess are the parents of a girl who is starting her transition. It's been heartwarming for me meet these wonderful people as they try to understand and support their new daughter.

There truely are some wonderful people in the world.

Maija
12-19-2009, 09:34 PM
It is so cool you had this great event and enjoyed it.
I used to live in Minneapolis a long time ago, and wish I had started dressing openly back then.

Heck, I wish I could now. :)