PDA

View Full Version : Girls day out.

SuzanneBender
12-19-2009, 02:47 PM
I am taking my daughters shopping this afternoon in order to make those final gift choices for Christmas. It is my place in the world to impart on them the same passion for shopping that I have inherited. My wife told my daughters that they were going with me for a "girls day out" and gave each of us a gift certificate for a mani and pedi at the Spa and announced that we have a 4 oclock appointment. My oldest, I am out to her, giggled and said there is nothing like having a Dad with female genes. My youngest just thinks its cool that we are getting to bond since I have been really busy with work. My oldest son came out of his xbox and NBA comma long enough to ask what we were doing. When he found out his sisters were going shopping with me, he announced, "count me out" and went back to fighting a virtual world war three. I am taking him and his friends to the Chiefs game tomorrow for our male bonding ritual of grilling farm animals and then cheering our brains out during the game. Its weekends like this that I just love being both genders.

Gotta go. Time to bond with my girls.

windycissy
12-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Good for you, sounds wonderful! The only down note is that you have to watch those dreadful Chiefs...although you can cheer yourself up by wearing pantyhose under your slacks to keep warm :)

linnea
12-19-2009, 04:58 PM
What a wonderful shopping trip and girls' day! I'm going to have one of those sometime this spring with my (grown) daughter and some of her girl friends. I can hardly wait.
Good luck you for a fantastic day!

theresa
12-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Sounds like a perfect weekend. What a great way to spend time with your kids.

goofus
12-19-2009, 06:08 PM
If only all families were so accepting :)

S. Lisa Smith
12-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Sounds like fun!!!

aggi123
12-19-2009, 07:25 PM
don't forget to update us with how it went! I'd love to hear about it :)

Fab Karen
12-19-2009, 07:32 PM
A girl's day out with the daughters, now THAT'S family values.

Theresa1955
12-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Sounds like fun! Keep us posted on the experience. This will be one of those days that the girls will remember for a very long time. Theresa

MJ
12-19-2009, 08:23 PM
sounds like fun let us know how it goes

Kathi Lake
12-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Hey Suze!

So, how'd it go? I hope you and the girls had a great time! My only daughter is 9 1/2, so we're not to the "teach them how to shop like it's a contact sport" thing yet. In time, in time.

So, what color did you get? Toes? Fingers? How much fun did the spa people have? I'm sure it went great and we all can't wait to hear alllllll about it!

Hugs!

Kathi

sherri52
12-20-2009, 12:00 AM
I regret not having a girls day while my girls were young. Back then it wasn't a good idea. Now they both live in different states and it makes it hard for all of us to get the time together.

Satinpeta
12-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Being a single dad at the time my two daughters (12 & 14 at the time) could not understand why or how I knew so much about ladies clothing. We did a lot of wonderful shopping with underwear, nighties, etc. and its only now that my older daughter (now 23) has woken up to the fact that I crossdress and have done for a lone time. We all live in different parts of Australia and I still have wonderful talks to them and they are VERY accepting. Good luck with your lad!

Frédérique
12-20-2009, 04:46 AM
When he found out his sisters were going shopping with me, he announced, "count me out" and went back to fighting a virtual world war three. I am taking him and his friends to the Chiefs game tomorrow for our male bonding ritual of grilling farm animals and then cheering our brains out during the game. Its weekends like this that I just love being both genders.

The endless cycle of aggression continues, eh? Why not dump the carnivorous war-mongers off at Arrowhead Stadium and head for the nearest upscale mall in the vicinity? Better yet, are there ways to be clandestinely en femme at a football game? Underdressing is too easy – how about sitting with your legs demurely crossed, sipping a glass of wine, up and above the clamorous rabble? Where there’s a will, there’s a way, but you may wish you were shopping instead – at some point, one of the genders will need to assert itself before your head explodes! I couldn’t be so dualistic in my behavior, but, if I went to an NFL game, I would certainly be underdressed for comfort. I would also clutch the collar of my femme coat with my gloved hands and fondle my bracelet from time to time, just observing my surroundings with amusement. BTW, don’t scream your brains out too much – you’ll need this vital substance for all your crossdressing needs…:battingeyelashes:

I hope the Chiefs beat the Browns, and you have a good time, Suzanne! Matt Cassel, current (but not ersatz) KC quarterback, was on the Patriots last year and did very well. Of course, Mr. Brady did very well two years ago, with virtually the same team, before the defensive unit left for parts unknown. You can tell what kind of season the Chiefs are having by how many kids on Halloween are wearing KC costumes – this year there were none, but I saw several zombies…:heehee:

I was at Arrowhead Stadium three months ago, Suzanne – you just missed me! :eek:

Vicki-Z
12-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Suzanne I'm so happy for you. That's fantastic. I am so glad your older daughter looks at it that way and she can see the special bonding that the two of you can have together doing girl things. My own daughter ( 24 years old, married with a baby ) saw the outline of my bra straps under my male top one day and asked her mother about it. My wife told her I was transgender. My wife tells me my daughter got mad, cried and she won't even talk to me about it. Since then she has been cool towards me. So it's so nice to hear that someone has a daughter who can see beyond the outward appearance and labels and see the real loving person inside.

Maybe I should get a pair of red shoes and then I could click them together and be in Kansas and my daughter would accept me....sigh...

Vicki :hugs:

Mary Morgan
12-20-2009, 12:43 PM
To bad the game is blacked out here. I would have enjoyed looking for that great big smile on your face.

Sherry-Stephanie
12-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Nice post...enjoy both sides girl....

SuzanneBender
12-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Update. I didn't go to the game today. I woke up with the worst cold I have had in years. I think I got it from the sniffling manicurist at the Spa. My wife gladly volunteered to take the boys today. She is much more of a football fan than I ever claimed to be.

We had a wonderful time. Especially at the Spa. We were in three chairs that were next to each other and my girls were on each side of me. It was the first mani pedi for my youngest and it was so cute because she just smiled and giggled the whole time.

So, what color did you get? Toes? Fingers? How much fun did the spa people have?

I just got a clear coat on my fingernails, but my girls insisted that I was going to get color on my toenails. My toenails are now a beautiful shade of April Wine with white tips. I get my brows and nails done regularly at this spa so the women there know me, but I was told several times how great it was that I was spending time like this with my girls.

You can tell what kind of season the Chiefs are having by how many kids on Halloween are wearing KC costumes – this year there were none, but I saw several zombies… Just talked with my son right before kickoff. It seems that the zombies have eaten most of the Chiefs fans because the stadium is empty.

I was at Arrowhead Stadium three months ago, Suzanne – you just missed me! No darling I saw you. You were the one clutching the collar of your femme coat with your gloved hands and fondling your bracelet from time to time. You were just observing your surroundings with amusement.

Maybe I should get a pair of red shoes and then I could click them together and be in Kansas and my daughter would accept me....sigh... Vicki hang in there darling. One thing about children is that their love is unconditional. Acceptance takes time. Sometimes lots of time. My oldest just didn't embrace the fact that Daddy was femme overnight. It took numerous heartfelt discussions and literally years for us to get to where we are now.