PDA

View Full Version : Starting the outing

Daniela76
12-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Well I've decided today is the day I tell my mom about my CD life. Having a 2+ hr drive & I am driving. Plus she put a little mudslide mix in her coffee this morning. So she'll either have heartburn, fall asleep, or be very receptive. I just have to know & use the right words & tone. I have an uncle who's gay & she's been friends with lesbians, so I think this might be okay with her.
Please wish, hope, & pray for me sisters!!

Dani

SuzanneBender
12-20-2009, 12:10 PM
I wish you the best of luck today hon. I am sure everything will go well. She will probably be more upset about you giving her an Irish Coffee without her knowing than your dressing.

I am sure all will go well.

Mary Morgan
12-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Well you are not leaving her much time to Christmas shop for her new daughter, but good luck and best wishes.

Paula Siemen
12-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Seems like the season for comming out! Is it Christmas Cheer or the Cheer in the Christmas drinks?

Daniela76
12-20-2009, 06:38 PM
BTW I didn't put the booze in my mom's coffee, she did it herself. That's when I knew I was driving home. Definitely would not have been able to tell her if she was driving. :eek:

I worked up the courage and talked to her in the car on the way home. She was accepting but not really happy about it. About as much as I expected from her. She understands that my upbringing has something to do with it and some of my reasons why I think it is good.
She definitely doesn't feel comfortable with it yet though. She tried making a joke, then realized she wasn't ready for jokes yet. She asked me if I like ruffles on things (running joke with my mentally handicapped aunt).
I promised I wouldn't force anything on her until she was ready but would probably be wearing underthings & women's shoes & pants.
Thankfully she didn't ask so I didn't tell her that I had dressed in her clothes when I was a teenager. :heehee:

Thanks again for all the kinds words!!
Dani

DiannaRose
12-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Congratulations, Daniela! GO slow with your mom...She's dealing with something about uou that she hadn't planned on. Give her time to work out her own mind.

I'll keep you and her in my prayers, of course, but it sounds like it could have gone far worse, so kudos to you! :)

sherri52
12-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Daniela that's a big step, hope you have an accepting mother. Good luck.

gretchen_love
12-21-2009, 12:24 AM
Congratulations! I wish I had the courage to come out to my mom. I am glad she is willing to listen to you and let you do your thing!

MissKara
12-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Good going Girl! Just like above, I wish I could do it, but I think I will wait until I move out from home to do it.

Lots of love,
Miss Kara

MarciManseau
12-21-2009, 01:55 PM
I'm so happy it went so well with mom. Tell her we all think she's amazing, and give her a zillion hugs.

Hugs, Marci :hugs: