PDA

View Full Version : Went to the movies en femme!

Rachel Morley
07-31-2005, 06:58 PM
As some of you may know, recently I have started going out en femme in public with my wife Marla. We have been working to get my look more natural, more feminine, whilst at the same time trying to increase my confidence level each time we go out.

Our latest trip was to the movies, to see the new Spielberg version of War of the Worlds. We have my makeup pretty much figured out, but it still needs a little work to make the foundation look less heavy. We discovered on our last trip that a skort and fitted blouse, with sandals, is a good look for me and so we decided to go with the same again this time. After taking over an hour to get ready, off we went.

We didn't have to worry about the neighbors seeing us because they weren’t sitting in their front yards like they sometimes do, and besides, I only had to walk a short distance from the front door to the car. I don’t ever get nervous whilst I’m in the car because I somehow feel protected, in my own little cocoon or something.

As we drove into the parking lot of the Century movie theater my nervousness hit me. There were a number of young people and teenagers milling around outside the entrance. When I get nervous I tell myself that no one can detect anything, and that as far as anyone is concerned I am just a woman with a little bit too much make up on. Whether they think this or not doesn’t really matter, my goal is to keep me feeling relaxed and confident. So far I've found I really enjoy en femme trips in public providing I don’t get too nervous and having Marla by my side is a big plus. Before we went inside she took this picture.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7651/movie2ai.jpg

Fortunately we had booked and printed off e-tickets online before we left so we didn’t have to stand in line. At the moment standing in line with people close up and behind me still makes me feel a little nervous. We walked up to the ticket collector and as she scanned our tickets and gave us directions she looked me straight in the eye and I held her gaze. This is only the second time I have been out in daylight and so when someone does this I think the worst and expect some kind of reaction, but there was none. As it happened, we had to walk the entire length of the lobby, turn left, go through another snack bar area and through some glass doors, leave that building, cross a parking lot, enter the next building over, show our ticket stubs to two teenage male ushers, and walk through another lobby to where our film was playing. That was a trial by fire, I thought! I had way more exposure to people, up close, than I had expected.

We walked into the theater and sat down, the previews had just started so it was dark, and even though there were a lot of people around, obviously no one noticed me. The whole time I sat with my legs crossed and my purse in my lap. Afterwards Marla said she got a kick out of seeing me sitting there being “a perfect lady.” There were no incidents during the movie except that at one point I had a tickle in my chest and wanted to cough. I thought that if I coughed properly I would sound like a man and then someone may have turned around expecting to see a guy and had a surprise when they saw me instead. I tried to cough in what I thought was a feminine way. It didn’t really work, so in the end I just ignored the tickle.

After the movie was over and most people had already left, Marla took two more pictures. I know they aren’t particularly good ones but at least you can see that it’s me and I was actually there.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/841/movie18hm.jpg

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2839/movie21dk.jpg

On the way home we stopped and had an early dinner at a Mexican restaurant. It was the sort of place where you order at the counter and they call your number when it’s ready. There was an area of the restaurant, near the counter, that was fairly busy. As Marla ordered for us both (I don’t have the confidence to speak yet) and I looked at the menu board, I wondered if any of the patrons were looking at me and noticing anything unusual. The girl who took our order definitely looked at me longer than I expected she would, but nothing happened, she just kept smiling. We chose to sit in an area of the restaurant that was almost empty. While we were waiting for our food Marla took another picture.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/1023/movie39um.jpg

There were no problems during the meal and we left without incident. In the car on the way back Marla said she was proud of me and that made me feel good. En femme outings in public places are still a little bit nerve racking but each time I am enjoying it more.

Ava Mouse
07-31-2005, 07:03 PM
Wow, congratulations! And a fun time was had by all!

You should be so proud and fulfilled by this event! Yay!!!

You look quite good, too! Blend in & pass... (A rule I can't follow... LOL...)

:D

laurajeantv
07-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Angel,

I read your message and wanted to let you know how very brave I thought both you and your spouse were to undertake such a journey together to the theater.

You obviously have found a wonderful woman, but I have a feeling that you already know that to be true. Then again, she has the best of both worlds in you- a loving husband and girflriend as well.

All th ebest for a long and happy lif etogether.

Hugs,

Laura Jean

P.s. You looked wonderful in every pic, girl Keep up the good work!

Laurie Ann
07-31-2005, 07:09 PM
I was fortunate enough to have the same opportunity last week while out of town on business the rush was incredable. I had a great evening and it sounds as if you and Marla also had a wonderful adventure. Glad you enjoyed it.

StephanieCD
07-31-2005, 07:10 PM
You two are so inspiring! It's funny... but the little glimpses of your world/s that we get have really made me see the good side of having someone who loves and accepts you... my g/f accepts and even encourages my dressing and it kinda spooked me for a while there... but watching you two (through this little window) has really shown me that it doesn't have to be a sad little world I live in.

I'm so happy for you two.

DanaJ
07-31-2005, 07:13 PM
Andel - what a great report on a fun outting! You are really to be congratulated, and Marla should get a big hug too - way to go both of you!

DanaJ

serena_mcd_wa
07-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Wow - congratulations to both of you - what a big step! It must be so nice to just be yourself and have the wonderful support of a lover to give you confidence. It's great to hear about your outtings and adventures.

Serena

Sharon
07-31-2005, 07:54 PM
Yeah, but how did you like the movie??

Sorry, Angel, I'm just kidding. :D

It sounds like you are getting more and more comfortable all the time, which is truly wonderful. If you're half as proud of yourself as we are for you, then you must be just about bursting.
Congratulations! :)

Mandy Salamander
07-31-2005, 08:08 PM
goin' to the movies, en femme!!,,and not havin' t' dress like magenta t' doo it!!!,,,,,CONGRATS INDEED,,,AND MONGO KUDOS TO MARLA, as well,,,

Di
07-31-2005, 08:17 PM
I love reading about your outings together.....awwww soon Greta

Rachel Morley
07-31-2005, 08:32 PM
Lol Mandy, I have been to Rocky Horror at a theater before but that was different -- I was only wearing lingerie! Here's the pic...taken about 10 years ago.

rubydiamond
07-31-2005, 08:37 PM
What a wonderful story....and great Pictures. Marla made your day.

Sherlyn
07-31-2005, 08:48 PM
Angel !!!! that is sooooo great for you .....I could only wish :) Kew and I went too the same movie but :( I was drabbed ...lol

Marla GG
07-31-2005, 09:31 PM
Thank you so much for all your kind comments, everyone. They mean a lot to us. :hugs:

Marla took two more pictures. I know they aren’t particularly good ones but at least you can see that it’s me and I was actually there.

Excuse me missy, but it ain't easy being the frickin' paparazzi, know what I mean? Of course no one was looking at you....they were checking out the chick with the camera and wondering what the big scoop was.....who takes photos in a frickin' Mexican restaurant anyway, besides county health inspectors? Ahem.

Yeah, but how did you like the movie??

Sharon, we really enjoyed it except that I did not get why the aliens were vaporizing everyone with death rays when they intended to harvest them later. Come to think of it, why did they even need to harvest us? Surely there are plenty of other available fuel sources that are less likely to fight back with tanks and flamethrowers? Wait a second....you don't really want to hear this, do you? Thought not :p

I have been to Rocky Horror at a theater before but that was different -- I was only wearing lingerie!

OMG.....*goes all pale*.....my husband is a TRANSVESTITE! :eek: I am so shocked....I thought I married a nice wholesome girl-next-door type crossdresser, a T-Girl even, and now I discover this....I am going to need intensive therapy..... :lol:

cosmolovesph
07-31-2005, 10:43 PM
Angel and Marla, thanks for the outings and the updates, you are inspiring many of us and great that you are so supportive of Angel.

Deidra Cowen
07-31-2005, 10:45 PM
Great post and an excellent adventure. I have said it before but will again... you two are a cool couple! :thumbsup:

emmicd
07-31-2005, 11:03 PM
To Marla and Angel
To Angel and Marla

You both are inseparable and both an inspiration to the closet crossdressers who only dream of going out but stay content to dress alone at home. I enjoyed reading your narrative and congratulate the both of you for being so open about your experience.

Marla if you and Angel didn't live so far away I'd ask if I could join you for the next movie you see and have some photos taken. You are quite the photographer and a very caring and understanding wife!

My next question is when will you have Angel take photos of you? Angel looked very pretty in "her" outfit. What were you wearing. I'm sure you looked lovely!

Love,

Emmi

Jessica1
07-31-2005, 11:18 PM
Congrats on your femme adventure Angel ... very impressive. I've only been out once, for a few consecutive days, so I know what you mean when you mention the simultaneous emotions of fear and excitement. My hats off to you and your wife.

* I have come out to my wife a few months ago and she is slowly but surely coming around to the idea of my crossdressing. Would you or your wife have any advice or suggestions? Many thanks in advance! You can always pm me under my profile if that would work better. :)

ciao

susandrea
07-31-2005, 11:21 PM
I find it ironic that you ventured out en femme to see "War of the Worlds".

I'm glad you weren't zapped by any death rays, before, during, or after the film.

See? The good guys always win in the end.

Good for you! :thumbsup:

Jenny Beth
07-31-2005, 11:34 PM
You two are certainly making the best of this part of your lives. I hope that your adventures will get others who have not yet made the jump to overcome their fears and step out even if it's just for a walk.

Elinor
07-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Well done Angel :thumbsup:

Jamie M
08-01-2005, 05:09 AM
OMG.....*goes all pale*.....my husband is a TRANSVESTITE!I am so shocked....I thought I married a nice wholesome girl-next-door type crossdresser, a T-Girl even, and now I discover this....I am going to need intensive therapy..... :lol:

Hang on a minute , hold the phone , are there other transvestite's here ? I thought this was just a wholesome group of friendly ladies , well now i'm shocked :lol:

But seriously , I'm so glad for you both that your outing went so well :) . My first few outings were all to the movies , seemed a perfect place to go , lots of people but all more interested in the film they're about to see than in "hey look over there" .

Here's to plenty more adventures

To Marla and Angel , hip hip .. HORAY ! :D

Tristen Cox
08-01-2005, 06:29 AM
Angel :bow: :clap: :Power:

Marla :lol:

Adrianne
08-01-2005, 07:15 AM
hello Angel i am so happy for you and you have such a wonderful wife in Marla.
I am glad you both had a great time, wish you both the best for the future.

Adrianne.

Olivia
08-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Way to go Angel and Marla!! What a great outing, and with pics to boot. Cool. Very cool. I am envious but so proud for you at the same time. Maybe someday I can tell about a similar outing with my wife. I do hope so anyway. I imagine that both of you were excited but Angel, I know you must have been simply buzzing and having Marla there with you only adds to the fun. Keep up the good work, Olivia.

racquel
08-02-2005, 06:01 AM
Excellent post,lovely couple,great photo's
An inspiration to many.Thanks for sharing.

Rachel Morley
08-03-2005, 09:01 PM
You girls are terrific! I just want to say we feel so humble because of all your loving and supportive comments. Thank you so much for saying nice things about me and Marla.

The way it's going, it looks like we will be making outings en femme in public a fairly regular thing. Let's hope our success so far continues. I know Marla wants us to go out in much busier places where there will be lots more people around so that we interact with them closer up. This will help build my confidence. She has also said that (when we can) we should take pictures of me for proof. Should be fun, but could also be a bit scary!

serena_mcd_wa
08-03-2005, 09:31 PM
You'll do just fine, Angel. With such great support and encouragement and all the practice that you are getting with perfecting your look and mannerisms, pretty soon outtings in public will become very natural.

Keep us posted - stories like these encourage us all!

Serena

MichelleGray502
08-04-2005, 06:50 PM
yes angel lov, you will do fine you and marla have already been out in 'th public once already to go and see a film and you said everything was fine. i can understand how you can be a bit nerverous at first going to a more busier area with more people around but once you are there lov and start walking 'bout you will feel better 'bout yourself that you have done it. i go out dress femm usually 'bout 2-3 times a week depending on the circumstances of course and where i am going and i' still get nerverous at times but after i get of 'th car and start walking 'bout i usuallly feel better and calm down.

good luck lov, one last thing through cheryl comes out with me dress femm as well most of 'th time.

oh just wanted to know lov, did you get my last pm to you, i'm not sure if i did it right or not , if not i will re send it to you

psdibe
08-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Angle what a day that must have been I can not wait to make a trip like that. i have been out a couple of times this onesounds great. By the way you look wonderful there should be no worry about passing. I am gelous.
Looking forward to hearing about your next trip.
hugs PD

Kiera
08-05-2005, 08:55 AM
Congratulations Angel, you definitly have much more courage than me. You look great in your pictures and are very lucky to have such a supportive SO as Marla. As for you Marla, I applaude your courage as well. I think that your support of Angel is simply wonderful. :cheer:
Kiera

womanatheart
08-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Angel,
Congratulations on you outing. You look wonderful. You new wig is fantastic. Fits you spot on.
I get hyper aware of stares when I am out. Probably over reacting. I am finding I am over reacting to stares while in male mode? They know!! How do they know! Did I run into them somewhere!! ?? But, only me over reacting! Silly me!
Love reading about your outings. Keep us posted.
PS: How is the heat in your part of the world. I hear it is awful this week.
Love,
Stephanie

Rachel Morley
08-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Yes, it's going to be a hot weekend, it's been the same all week. Here's a copy and paste from www.weather.com Friday's reading is during the night! - btw I sent you a PM :)

Lauren_T
08-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Angel, you and Marla certainly have it together!

:idea: Rather than repeat all the things others have said, better & briefer than yrs trly is apt to, I'll just make one comment and that is: Inspirational! You're gonna help nudge many gels toward sticking that first strappy-sandaled foot out the door by making getting pretty and getting out there look so simple! :thumbsup: