PDA

View Full Version : Question

trisha254
12-21-2009, 04:54 AM
Hi; I like to ask a question about other duties we all due while we are dress
as for myself I would to take up sewing making some of my own clothing .Do any of you girl like to sew and if so is there a site out there where I can log on to ,Thank you for any help Because a girl as to start and open up to her selt frist and then to other ????

Trish

DanaR
12-21-2009, 05:04 AM
Do some searches, there are a lot of sewing groups out there. If you go to Yahoo groups, there are some there as well. Some of the groups have sewing classes, so there are many opportunities to learn.

Tracey Corset
12-21-2009, 05:39 AM
Hi Trisha, i have been sewing since i was a child and love it, i make lots of different things such as my daughters prom dress, also i never have problems with anything fitting me as i can just alter it, if you are interested in sewing it can be a great way to relax and very rewarding, this is a good site for you to have a look at
http://sewing.about.com/od/techniques/Sewing_Techniques.htm
good luck to you

eluuzion
12-21-2009, 06:04 AM
I was just eyeing a Singer sewing machine on sale at Big Lots or some similar flyer I received in the mail. I think it would be kewl to know how to sew.

Well, I have done quite a bit, I guess. Curtains, canvas privacy covering around sundeck rails, sun awnings for windows, and hacking versions of dress modification, hehe. All done with one of those hand-held battery powered gadgets that is about the size of a taser gun...lol You know, the one "as seen on TV". It does actually work! as long as you leave your glasses off when you inspect it...

google it. I be there is a site called sewing.com.

Keep us posted on your progress. When you get good at it, I'll pay ya to fix some of my dresses...hehehe

Loveday
12-21-2009, 06:25 AM
Trish
Thank-you for asking this question. I just bought a Brother sewing machine and have been wanting to learn. I never thought of asking here.

Karren H
12-21-2009, 07:49 AM
I can iron on those patchs!! Does that count?

Joanne f
12-21-2009, 07:53 AM
I have done a bit of sewing , made a few skirts and want to have a go at a dress some time (if i ever get the time ):D

Kate Simmons
12-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Duties? Good gosh, I do this for fun. If duties get in the way, I may have to re-think the whole thing.:)

DanaR
12-22-2009, 04:19 AM
Depending on where you live, there might be local sewing classes available. I looked around in the Seattle area a while back and there were numerous opportunities to learn how to sew. I have a friend that is offering a class on making a corset, but you will need to be able to sew and have your own machine.