PDA

View Full Version : Stage envy!

shayleetv
12-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Last Friday my wife and I took my daughter to celebrate her birthday. We went to a local hot spot for restaurants and shops. They also have a court for entertainment, this is free and usually is amateur performers. Some of the entertainment is pretty good. Tonight when we were there, there was a group of young ladies dancing. They tapped danced changed costumes and did a novelty number then back to tap dancing with even different costumes with the traditional kick line. All in all there were nine girls all about high school age and very impressive.
When they showed up they were sporting high heels, short skirts about mid thigh with a slit up the leg, white blouse and black satin “Bomber” jacket with their groups name on it. The costume change was really smooth be cause two of the girls dropped of early and changed and as the other girls finished they came out and sang some song about their “dream boy”. They now had taken off their jackets and put on a poodle skirt and danced to Bill Halley”s “Rock Around the Clock.” Between costume changes this time they had a trio of girl not from the dancers sing a couple of contemporary fun songs about Santa. Then the girls came out in these red velvet costumes like the “Mean Girls” costumes and did a tap number including the kick line. They were good, I should know because when I was a teenager my sister was doing the same thing in Las Vegas at the Sahara Hotel. And yes I got to see a lot of that while growing up.
At the end of the performance starting from the shortest girl they stepped forward as the introduced themselves. When they came to the last and tallest girl, who I thought was one of the best dancers, she took her step forward and took her wig off and said her name “Josh! Yes, I am a boy.” Wow was everybody supised including me.The he/she was very attractive. I was glad he was one of the better dancers because I watched him a lot. I think I wold have enjoyed him more had I known before his revealing as boy. I would have thought something would have tipped me off, but he was very convincing. His figure, size and demeanor wereall very feminine. When they changed out of the last dance costume they went back tho the black skirt outfit they first danced in. They were not performing now and they just mingled at the change area. He was back in the wig and completely into girly form. Wow what a dream come true for that young man. I wonder how he ever got to be so lucky?
My daughter said to me afterward, “Dad, would you have done something like that when you were younger?”Hmm! Now that’s a question that doesn’t need much thought.:daydreaming::daydreaming::daydreaming::da ydreaming:

Phyliss
12-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Somebody get that young performers name and telephone number, so that when they're old enough they can be invited to join here and tell us how they got so fortunate. I'd love to know.

docrobbysherry
12-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I guess it's a DIFFERENT, ( and maybe BETTER?), CD world today, Shaylee!?:)

Kate Simmons
12-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Hell, I do stuff like that now Hon.I've been in shows and dance my dance and strut my stuff. There is no age limit to having fun. It's when we take it too seriously that the problems come in. Go for it.:)

Brandi Wyne
12-22-2009, 01:50 PM
It would have been fun to talk to Josh and watch him make up and all to try to pick up tips and advice. When they pass that nicely, it's rewarding to look on as an aspiring girl.

Glad you had a great time.:drink:

XXs

LisaM
12-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Shaylee,

Sounds like a dream come true---I wish it were my dream.

SherriePall
12-22-2009, 03:40 PM
What? No pictures? Seriously, to be that young again. I know I keep saying that, but I often wonder how differently things might have been.

sherri52
12-22-2009, 03:52 PM
One lucky boy to be able to perform as a woman. He has the job of our dreams.

SuzanneBender
12-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Darn kids. They don't know how rough we had it when we were young. Wait until Josh has to walk uphill both ways to the drag club in five inch heels and a blizzard! :heehee:

I love the world today!

linnea
12-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Some things are changing for the better; this seems to be a sign of that positive change.
It sounds wonderful--and good for Josh and his group!

sherryleigh
12-22-2009, 08:56 PM
What a great story! Turn back the clock! Time is our greatest ally, attitudes have been changing very gradually over the last few decades, but our newest generation is much more receptive to change than people my age at least. Whether it acceptance of our LGBT friends or just generally having a more progressive view of life, these young people are making a difference. Can you imagine an LGTB group in your High School.

Sherry

Tora
12-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Wonderful story! Not quite the same, but I remember "Cher" at Ceasers Palace, in 1978, doing a show where three female-impersonators, did Cher, Diana Ross, and Bette Midler. I had my elbo on the stage, looking at the show. It wasn't until the end of show when Cher introduced her helpers. Wow, I was shocked! Being so close and so surprised. For us a special treat.

Kathi Lake
12-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Shaylee, do you remember the name of the group? Maybe they'll come to a mall near me.

Kathi

bridget jones
12-23-2009, 12:21 AM
I actually dreamed of doing that when my sister was in dance.....it was only a dream,one of the most vivid and best I ever had.

shayleetv
12-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Shaylee, do you remember the name of the group? Maybe they'll come to a mall near me.

Kathi
You know I didn't pay much attention to the name of the group. There are a lot that have similar names but I think the name was Starlite but I do remember that they had Sandy, Utah on their Jackets. It was done in block letters and very readable. The group was introduced at the first and who pays that much attention unless you have a reason to be listening. My reason for listening came after their perfomance and on their jackets was their logo, but it was too stylized to read from the distance I was standing. Sorry that's the best I can do. If I knew more I would be finding a performance schedule and become a groupee.:):):)

Slim Jim
12-25-2009, 06:31 PM
maybe?

http://www.starliteacademy.com/home.html

crossdrezzer1
12-26-2009, 08:26 AM
was this them and if so what one is the boy?

http://www.starliteacademy.com/YEARCALENDAR08.pdf

crossdrezzer1
12-26-2009, 08:34 AM
here are some pictures from the starlite web site,,,any of these pictures?

crossdrezzer1
12-26-2009, 08:35 AM
and these also

Rogina B
12-26-2009, 08:53 AM
We are on the case!! Track em down and get their picture.Post it on the INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY! So,which one is the boy..:DHuh?

Miranda09
12-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Now that is a very cool story Shaylee. I would love to know more about them. :)

KarenHiller
12-26-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm soooo envious! I wish I'd been able to grow up like that boy, or any of the girls in those pics. What a wonderful life he must have. :daydreaming:

Karen

KateW
12-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Fantastic story - love it!

Slim Jim
12-26-2009, 10:22 PM
In the middle, bottom row???

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=104574&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1261834455

Maija
12-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Great story. I would like to look as good as any one of the girls in the photos!

Shelby
12-26-2009, 10:29 PM
We are on the case!! Track em down and get their picture.Post it on the INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY! So,which one is the boy..:DHuh?

LOL, as curious as I am to see this boy and envy him, maybe some discretion is needed here.

Chiana
12-26-2009, 10:37 PM
LOL, as curious as I am to see this boy and envy him, maybe some discretion is needed here.

Ditto.

I found a "Starlight" pest control in Sandy, Utah? Maybe we should post those pics, as well.

shayleetv
12-27-2009, 04:19 AM
was this them and if so what one is the boy?

http://www.starliteacademy.com/YEARCALENDAR08.pdf

I checked out the web site and saw the logo for the group and it wasn't the same and did not have the word "Academy" or a star. So I don't think that Starlite Academy is the dance studio. Since the boy was under 18 I don't think it would be appropriate to Identify with a picture since we don't allow under 18 as a site member. Just trying to keep things kosher or something like that. Shaylee
P.S. I am truly sorry that I can't identify the group any better that what I already have.:straightface: