PDA

View Full Version : Just a smile?

shannonFL
12-23-2009, 07:50 AM
A few weeks ago, a perfect fall day in my florida coastal community, cool temps, bright sunshine, convertible weather, so, driving down a side road, top down, enjoying the wind in my hair, music.

Ahead, a young mom pushing a stroller, my side, coming my way, another car approaching in the oncoming lane, I stop completely, waiting for the car to pass, then swing wide and slowly, allowing for maximum safety for mother and child, she smiles the sweetest woman to woman smile, I return the same......it just..well, felt great....I was in full Shannon mode, bra top, skirt thigh-hi's and heels.

I'm still baby-stepping my way out, and may not sound like a big deal to so many of you who have shared your real world times,(and I have appreciated and admired), but this was my first eye to eye contact with another person as me....my feet hardly touched the ground for the rest of the day.

sissystephanie
12-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Now you know it can be done, Shannon! You are the Girl!! Go out and show off!

tamarav
12-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Alright! The smile is a wonderful tool and it tends to allow everyone to relax a bit. Women smile to each other all the time and we just need to get used to doing it.

Have a great time!

AmiFL
12-23-2009, 09:20 AM
If I looked as good in the flesh as you do I could not contain myself. I'd be out and chance I could..... If your wife is supportive take in a movie together.

Karren H
12-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah!! Learning to smile like a woman was tough for me... Long learning curve. But once I figured it out... I can't stop smiling... Guys just don't know how to smile..

Dragster
12-23-2009, 09:07 PM
It's not difficult; I've been smiling at people, both men and women, for years. I usually make a short, friendly, and often humourous comment too, and it usually produces a smile and comment in return; it adds a little bit of pleasure to the day for both of us. A few don't even recognise that I'm talking to them, but they are the exception. A friendly smile often works with young children too, even briefly passing one sitting in a supermarket trolly looking bored with the weekly shopping trip! But I also make sure I say something to the parent too, I would not like to be mistaken for a paedophile!

Tony

Shelby
12-23-2009, 09:24 PM
With you looks and that smokin skinny body, you have nothing to fear about being read. I understand all about babysteps. It is a mental thing, your mind isn't convinced that you can be seen in public as a woman. Rest assured, you would pass and no one would ever guess that you are guy especially if they saw you in that string bikini (holy cow)!

sherri52
12-23-2009, 10:10 PM
You haven't hit the sky yet. The feeling only gets better as you venture out further

Tiff Rivera
12-23-2009, 10:17 PM
You haven't hit the sky yet. The feeling only gets better as you venture out further

This is true, but your first eye to eye contact when your in baby step mode, can put you on cloud nine.

I'm truly happy for you hope you keep venturing out! :hugs:

Elaine Michelle
12-24-2009, 12:48 AM
A seemingly small but memorable moment. Sometimes the small ones are the most memorable, aren't they?

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Elaine

linnea
12-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Alright! The smile is a wonderful tool and it tends to allow everyone to relax a bit. Women smile to each other all the time and we just need to get used to doing it.

Have a great time!

Very good advice! I know that I've been working on it and have found that it helps a great deal.