PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes a small gift is huge!

DiannaRose
12-23-2009, 10:53 AM
I've told you how my wife isn't accepting of my CDing, but that she's trying.

Well, today she gave me a huge gift, packaged in a few simple words. She's going to be out a lot today...first the gym this morning, then lunch with a friend this afternoon. Before she left this morning, she gave me a hug as usual and said "at least you'll have a lot of time to yourself today." Which was an acknowledgment of what I was likely to do with that time--an acknowledgment I never though she'd be able to give. The big thing is that she didn't shy away from the topic this time! And as we parted, she whispered to me, so my daughter couldn't hear, "None of my things, right?"

So she's turned a corner. She openly acknowledged my dressing, even giving me time today to myself, and accepted that this was what I was likely to do. She doesn't like it, but she gave me this gift anyway.

I so love that woman!

No, I won't push for more. If this is all she can give me for now, I accept it gratefully. It's far, far more than I ever thought she'd ever be able to give me. :)

I don't think I could have gotten a better Christmas Gift from her at this time!

Daintre
12-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Dianna, I agree, what a wonderful Christmas present. I am so glad to see you acknowledge her trying and her growing. The best part was reading how you accept what she offered and are happy because of it.

aprilgirl
12-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Dianna, That truly was a wonderful gift your wife presented you this morning. I've casually read your blog and it appears that it was'nt that long ago before you came out to her. I would say she has come a long way in a rather short period of time. Patience is key and I can tell by your post that you understand and practice it as well. Enjoy your day!

Shelly Preston
12-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Well I guess Christmas came early for you :D

Now make sure she has a wonderful Christmas too

Vicki-Z
12-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi Dianna, That is so wonderful to hear. I'm so glad your wife is starting to accept you. Sometimes it's the little things that mean so much. :D

Vicki :hugs:

MissAmy
12-23-2009, 11:56 AM
It's good to hear about your present. I think all wives should at least allow their husbands to dress while they're out.

kym
12-23-2009, 12:00 PM
congrats sweetie, its the beginning of the road to acceptance, hopefully its a short one.:hugs:

Sooty
12-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Well I guess Christmas came early for you :D

Now make sure she has a wonderful Christmas too

Ditto

Tiff Rivera
12-23-2009, 12:30 PM
congrats sweetie, its the beginning of the road to acceptance, hopefully its a short one.:hugs:

I second that. The beginning of acceptance is always better than no acceptance at all. Enjoy your day!

dancinginthedark
12-23-2009, 12:32 PM
They say it's the little things that make a life worth living. The same can be said of marriage. So very glad you both know and appreciate that. I hope Santa is especially good to you both hun.

:cheers: Here's to love.

xx
dancin

rocketscientist
12-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Now that you got some time, how bout some pics with your new wig! Merry Christmas! Hugs, Tonya

DiannaRose
12-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks girls!

And yes, I DO plan on making her Christmas the best I possibly can. And her New Years, and her, well, life... :)

Merry Christmas, all!

Tonya, the wig doesn't suit me. The color does, but the style is too short. I'm going to forward it along to the girl who asked for it after I did. I'm ordering a longer one from Chloe, after the New Year. If that works, and I can get myself made up to my satisfaction, then yes, perhaps I will post my first head shot. :)

charlie
12-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Hello Diana!
Anything from a non-accepting wife is a big thing. It sure beats the tears, accusations, and being called "not normal"!

Nicole Erin
12-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Heck yeah! :thumbsup:

They say the best things in life, and maybe the best gifts, can't be bought with money.

Well hey, why are you still here reading? Go enjoy yourself. :hugs:

Rianna Humble
12-23-2009, 04:22 PM
I've told you how my wife isn't accepting of my CDing, but that she's trying.

Well, today she gave me a huge gift, packaged in a few simple words. She's going to be out a lot today...first the gym this morning, then lunch with a friend this afternoon. Before she left this morning, she gave me a hug as usual and said "at least you'll have a lot of time to yourself today." Which was an acknowledgment of what I was likely to do with that time--an acknowledgment I never though she'd be able to give. The big thing is that she didn't shy away from the topic this time! And as we parted, she whispered to me, so my daughter couldn't hear, "None of my things, right?"

A gift of love and humour. Evidently your love and acceptance of your wife is beginning to bear fruit. I'm so pleased for you chicklet :dance:

So she's turned a corner. She openly acknowledged my dressing, even giving me time today to myself, and accepted that this was what I was likely to do. She doesn't like it, but she gave me this gift anyway.

It has been very difficult for you, but your patience and love are winning through - you deserve every ounce of happiness you can get.

I so love that woman!

I think that is the understatement of the last 3 millenia!

No, I won't push for more. If this is all she can give me for now, I accept it gratefully. It's far, far more than I ever thought she'd ever be able to give me. :)

You are doing exactly the right thing and letting her take whatever small steps she feels able to take. I'm proud of you.

I don't think I could have gotten a better Christmas Gift from her at this time!

I don't think anyone could have deserved it more.

VanessaVW
12-23-2009, 04:26 PM
That's great news! Definately progress.

BTW, nice blog!!

SAMANTHA727
12-23-2009, 07:26 PM
I am happy for you and I hope this becomes all that you want it to be. Have a nice holliday Samantha

linnea
12-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Lots of wonderful gifts can come in small packages, including acceptance. Very nice!