PDA

View Full Version : Your not a Girl!!

Karren H
12-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I love my wife.... But some times!!! Standing with my head in the refgerator and pointing at something I'd like for dinner last night.... "Yeah.... The stuff that doesn't have any vegetables in it.. Right there". She made a comment about my nice long fingernails.... again.. I can't even remember what she said this time except the words.... "Your not a girl"!! Well duhhhh!! I thought that was pretty obvious, but thanks for pointing that out!! Not wanting to get into it.... I just repliied that I like my nails longer.... And she just dropped it... And we ate.... And she made me eat vegetables!! Ikkkk!!

I think that the nails are something that she sees every day and something that she can complaign about easiest.. To keep the peace especially around the holidays I went and filed them back a little... Very little.... So we are cool.. Till they grow out again.. I have to remember not to point at things next time!! Hahahaha.

Like what would you do?

Funny too last night... She's a nail bitter and I did notice that she is trying to grow hers out... A feminine competition!! I love to compete! Lol.

lilmissjenny
12-23-2009, 11:30 AM
eat your vegetables....lol

suchacutie
12-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Let me state up front that my wife discovered Tina, named her, and supports her.

But, I think one of the reasons this has worked so well is that I attempt to be alert to the limits. Every shared activity in a marriage (and Tina is a shared activity) has agreements that make that activity work for both people.

(Another) But, it is much easier to talk about the agreements (and boundaries) if there is open communication about an issue. Without open communication and support it's a guessing game at best, and at worst a crossing of unknown boundaries with negative consequences.

So, I freely admit that I work hard at keeping my wife in her comfort zone with Tina. Nails have been an issue at times for me too. For me it's not worth the 1 or 2 mm of nail length if it endangers this wonderful world I occupy. LOL, it was my wife who last pointed out an OPI display with a wonderful red color called "Garnet" that has become a color we share! Is that worth shaving off 2 mm of nail? Uh huh!

Best of luck Karren. You may not be a "girl", but you are one of the most feminine people I've had the honor to know through cyberspace! And once you shave down those nails, point at something again, and smle! You have the best smile!!! I'm so envious :)

tina

Tina B.
12-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Of course you are not a girl, dearie, otherwise you would like those vegetables. put a pencil in your pocket when you need to point pull out the pencil and use it to point with, that might keep her from seeing the nails so fast. Not a good time of year to upset Mrs. Claus you know.

Joni Marie Cruz
12-23-2009, 12:02 PM
What Jenny said, eat your veggies. A balanced diet helps your nails grow.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Vicki-Z
12-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Well Karren it's jealousy, pure jealousy! :lol2: She's upset your nails are longer.

Who cares about the 2010 Olympics! Keep us posted on the 2010 Nail Competition!

Now you know a real girl would eat her vegatables. Looking for meat only is a male thing. eek!!! :D

Vicki :hugs:

Laura Evans
12-23-2009, 12:11 PM
What they all said.

Tiff Rivera
12-23-2009, 12:42 PM
I seem to remember the words,

"eat your vegetables" and "don't point, its not polite"

The irony that she bites her finger nails, is funny to me.

christinek
12-23-2009, 12:47 PM
What do you mean you are not a Girl? I sure feel like a girl. I am a vegetarian too :D

No meat in my fridge, only vegetables

GaleWarning
12-23-2009, 01:17 PM
A meat-eating creature with long retractable claws = pussy cat :)

Or Ms Claws :D

Happy Christmas to both you and your wife, Karren.
Don't chew your nails when licking your fingers clean!
:battingeyelashes:

MWCMDarlene
12-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Karen, I am a fingernail biter. I don't grow out my nails on purpose. The only manicure they receive is with my teeth. I don't paint them either. At times, when they do get too long, which iritates the thunder out of my wife, she will comment about them being long, threatens to paint them, and start calling me Darlene. One of these years, I might try to take her up on it!

sherri52
12-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Your wife is jealous of your nails which are longer than hers so you better eat your veggies.

TJ Tresa
12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
My wife knows about Tresa and encourages her to be around, however she is constantly complaining about the length of my nails. Yea you guessd it she bites them, I don't and yes she is jealous and admits it.

DiannaRose
12-23-2009, 01:56 PM
But if you eat your vegetables your nails will grow longer and stronger, so she's kind of defeating her own purpose by makine you eat 'em. :)

Merry Christmas, Karren! God bless you, and thank you for being so very you this year! :)

minalost
12-23-2009, 02:01 PM
My wife also bites her nails, but mine are longish and feminine :battingeyelashes:.

LisaElizabeth
12-23-2009, 02:03 PM
I get the same thing from my wife. The reason is that her nails aren't very thick and they rip easily!! Mine are like steel, so I can grow them out quite a bit! When she sees that it upsets her!! MOST LIKELY your wife has the same problem!!! So-o-o-o, you have to keep those talons at 'Active Length' not 'Glamour' length!!
Doing that has stopped a lot of the comments!!! Just a thought!
Lisa E

Deeanne
12-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi Karren, my wife never complains about my long nails but that could be due to the fact i can scratch her back lol, she tried to outdo my nails too by stop bitting hers but alas she gave up, you keep your long nails. Dee

Tomara
12-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi Karren
I wonder if she would complain if you grunted and pounded you chest with your fists too , maybe you should try that , she might forgive the long nails. lol
Tomara

Brandi Wyne
12-23-2009, 02:45 PM
As most of you know, I'm still not "out" yet and my wife is very against dressing, etc. and so on. I have started keeping my nails longer now and although she hasn't said anything yet, she does take notice. Hers break off easily and she isn't style conscious so they stay short; too short in my opinion.

Isn't it soo nice to feel those lovely talons along your nylon clad legs or when gently stimulating her back and legs? It may be part of that love/hate thing GGs have with CDing spouses. I notice she takes notice of and loves stroking my legs now that they are smooth all the time.

Do you paint your nails? I usually restrict the finger nails to a coat of clear. The toes get a coat or two of a translucent pink. A little femme but still under the "what are you doing?" radar.:heehee:

XXs

Karren H
12-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Ok I went to SubWay and had then put extra veffies on and I promise to eat a salad tonight when we go to Dave and Busters.. I don't think pounding anything would make her happy..

More like if she can't see it it doesn't bother her.. Maybe if I wear my new mechanics glove or better yet some long black opera gloves around the house? Then she won't complain about my nails.. That's probably the best solution.. She seems to have to complain about something so if I can keep he focused away for anything crossdressing wise than I'm home free.. Up to know me doing stupid things has worked pertty good... I just need to kick it up a notch! Lol.

Teri Jean
12-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Well enough with the veggies and nails. You know what to do, your a big girl now so pick up your stick and hockey bag and get out while you can. Just remember to leave the pads on because when you get home she is going to check your skinny butt into the north end of the garage. LOL Huggs and Merry Christmas, Teri.

claire2454
12-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi Karren
to eat your veg will help your nails to grow.!

eluuzion
12-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Hey, I thought eating strickly vegatables caused a build-up of anti-oxidants, causing a blockage of the synaptic gap in the neural chemistry of the brain. In some cases, a side effect is the tendency to bite your nails. The only way to prevent or counter-act this phenomenon is to consume proper levels of meat. hehehehe

I could be wrong...I usually am...lol

I guess it is easy to guess that I am not married. I am good at many things, but I have proven that marriage is not one of them...

"Sarcasm...just one more service I offer".:battingeyelashes:

LanaM
12-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Too funny, my wife is always on my case about my nails, and honestly I don't even grow them on purpose they just grow really fast. She says "when are you going to cut those rapture claws". She's not a bitter but likes her nails short. The last time my nails started getting longer I buffed them with one of those nail board kits that go from 1-4 and they looked great without being overly obvious. Then I trimmed them down to a more active length. The wife asked me if I buffed my nails and I said yes I think they look more presentable, she didn't bring it up again.

Nicole Erin
12-23-2009, 03:32 PM
And she made me eat vegetables!! Ikkkk!!

Your wife sounds rather ruthless. Doesn't she realize you are a meatatarian, NOT a vegetarian? How can she make you eat veggies? BLEH!

Karren, well, why not just get some acrylics done? You don't have to get them like fetish long or anything. Maybe go with French tips.

Gyod I just cannot believe someone had to eat nasty veggies! :thumbsdn:

5150 Girl
12-23-2009, 03:33 PM
My nails are beter than my SO's, but she don't care one way or the other. In fact, somtimes she calls me her "trophy wife" :love:

My ex on the other hand, sat on me (literaly) one day, and filed them off. I never realised what an opressive b---- she was untill I met my Poler Bear.

SuzanneBender
12-23-2009, 03:34 PM
I would just tell your wife that veggies are good for the nails. Then maybe she wouldn't make you eat your veggies.....:daydreaming: Its called wife psychology. I hear about it on Dr. Phil.

The picture in my minds eye of you chowing down on a salad in Dave and Busters wearing a Penguins sweater and Opera gloves gives me the giggles.

My wife hates my long nails and complains that I spend more time at the maincurist than she does until I give her my patented long fingernail back scratch and massage. Then there is no complaining.

Nicole Erin
12-23-2009, 03:40 PM
I would just tell your wife that veggies are good for the nails. Then maybe she wouldn't make you eat your veggies.....:daydreaming: Its called wife psychology. I hear about it on Dr. Phil.

So you are saying Dr Phil eats veggies so his nails can be long and pretty? Do you know that for fact?
OK maybe he does, but if Dr Phil is CD, then why that mustache? He can't hope to pass while wearing it. And his huge head, do they make wigs that big?
:heehee:

Kate Simmons
12-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Well, you're not a girl, girl. Hmm,I see a screaming headline there somewhere.:heehee:

Christie ann
12-23-2009, 05:33 PM
I also hear that all the time.

When I recently showed her something I just purchased (for me) and she says it looks very feminine. My thought was "wasn't that the point"

But no, I gave it to her and smiled :)

Sooty
12-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Veggies are mostly bad for you, that's why they're green.

Would you eat green bread? Or cheese? Or meat?

I wouldn't.

So you shouldn't

Sherlyn
12-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Karren do you ever compliment her about anything feminine...or just poke fun at it ..just wondering if that's why she complains ?

Theresa1955
12-23-2009, 06:03 PM
She may not like the fact tha you have better nails than her. You do need a balance diet, but I on the other hand are trying to help the global warming situation by eating as much beef as I can. You know cows generate a lot of methane. LOL.
On another note. You look sweet in your avatar! Stay pretty and sexy

jenniferishappy
12-23-2009, 06:13 PM
two things:
1- my nails have been growing nicely since i first started trying a month or so ago. then this last two weeks i noticed little cracks in a couple, the middle ones. then, last week i got to work to find that one looked like i took a dremel and just ground a perfect notch in the middle. mystified, and with a tear welling in my eye i clipped it and filed it down (middle finger, i mean the one i clipped). so a couple of days ago i realized what was happening. i bought a full length wool girls coat with a full zipper, a metal one. when i was working the zipper up i was lightly running my nail along the zipper without feeling it and damaging them. any girl probably learned this at a young age, but this is my first go.

2nd- why is karren not doing a CD standup routine somewhere? if she took this wit on the road she would be on conan before we know it. tell your wife you might do that the next time she hassles you!

DonnaT
12-23-2009, 06:15 PM
When I let my nails grow out, my wife will usually comment about how they are getting too long.

I just tell her I like them that way. Sometimes I'll add that they look better long when polished.

Kitty Sue
12-23-2009, 07:09 PM
I always enjoy your posts Karen and the honesty your bring. I get a lot out of reading about the relationship you and your wife have. It gives me hope that CDers and their partners can have long, healthy relationships though the good and hard times. :daydreaming:

Oh yeah, and your wife was probably just noticing the dirt under ya nails.:D

linnea
12-23-2009, 08:12 PM
She's jealous! And your nails are something that she can see and does see quite often.
So stop pointing with them, and she'll probably let it go (unless you really want to compete, in which case you'll win if she's a nail biter). It's pretty funny and I think that I would just laugh and say that everyone has nails--men and women. Apparently length matters--lol.

dilane
12-23-2009, 08:19 PM
I love my wife.... But some times!!! Standing with my head in the refgerator and pointing at something I'd like for dinner last night.... "Yeah.... The stuff that doesn't have any vegetables in it.. Right there". She made a comment about my nice long fingernails.... again.. I can't even remember what she said this time except the words.... "Your not a girl"!! Well duhhhh!! I thought that was pretty obvious, but thanks for pointing that out!!

How wonderful it must be to have such an accepting wife! ;)

Mine used to grumble about the nice stuff in my closet or when she saw me all dolled up. Now that she's gotten down to her high school weight and we're the same size, she's much more complimentary :)

AmandaM
12-23-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't think pounding anything would make her happy..

I don't know, sometimes a good pounding is all she needs! You can define "pounding", I'm not touchin' it! :tongueout

DAVIDA
12-23-2009, 08:36 PM
I just don't know what it is! Here i am emulating a female and I still have't got a clue as to how they work!:straightface:
Jean hasn't got a problem with me dressing. I do it all the time that I am home. I can do anything that I want with clothes, makeup, wigs, or lipstick, but she does not like it when my nails get long. She also doesn't like me to have polish on.
The fix to that problem is, I keep my nails cut and I don't even have any polish anymore.
It is a small compromise.
She has known about my CDing since the day I proposed and has never had a problem.
Yesterday was our 19th anniversary and she gave me a larger pair of diamond studs!:D

BLUE ORCHID
12-23-2009, 08:43 PM
I love my wife.... But some times!!! Standing with my head in the refgerator and pointing at something I'd like for dinner last night.... "Yeah.... The stuff that doesn't have any vegetables in it.. Right there". She made a comment about my nice long fingernails.... again.. I can't even remember what she said this time except the words.... "Your not a girl"!! Well duhhhh!! I thought that was pretty obvious, but thanks for pointing that out!! Not wanting to get into it.... I just repliied that I like my nails longer.... And she just dropped it... And we ate.... And she made me eat vegetables!! Ikkkk!!

I think that the nails are something that she sees every day and something that she can complaign about easiest.. To keep the peace especially around the holidays I went and filed them back a little... Very little.... So we are cool.. Till they grow out again.. I have to remember not to point at things next time!! Hahahaha.

Like what would you do?

Funny too last night... She's a nail bitter and I did notice that she is trying to grow hers out... A feminine competition!! I love to compete! Lol.

KARREN you could be telling my story from start to finish
the same exact thing.
Orchid

sandra-leigh
12-23-2009, 08:44 PM
For my wife, it apparently wasn't the acrylic nails in themselves that really bothered her, but rather the fact (or so she observed) that the longer time that I had them, the more feminine my gestures became.

(When she told me that, internally I said approximately, "Oh, cool!".. but at the next opportunity I went and got the acryllics removed completely. It was a highly sensitive time in our relationship, and she needed evidence that I was trying to make the relationship work.)

ReineD
12-23-2009, 09:39 PM
I think that the nails are something that she sees every day and something that she can complaign about easiest..

Your wife doesn't like your nails long because they makes you look effeminate in guy mode. I'm sorry to say this, but she doesn't want others to know she is married to a CDer. You can take the femme clothes and the makeup off, but it is hard to hide long nails.

Well Karren it's jealousy, pure jealousy! :lol2: She's upset your nails are longer.

Your wife is jealous of your nails

she is constantly complaining about the length of my nails. Yea you guessd it she bites them, I don't and yes she is jealous and admits it.

[COLOR="Blue"]Mine are like steel, so I can grow them out quite a bit! When she sees that it upsets her!!

She may not like the fact tha you have better nails than her.

She's jealous!

To all the others who said Karren's or your own wives are jealous of the nails, while it may be true they wish their own nails were stronger, please do not project your own pettiness on to your SOs. They likely also do not want others to think that you are effeminate.

EDIT My post comes off as being bitter. I just want to add that I support all your decisions to keep your nails long. My own SO has long nails and I cannot grow mine. They are too weak. I wish I had nails like my SO, but I am not jealous of her nails. I admire them.

I do feel awkward should my sons see her nails though, but I would never ask her to cut them. I hate the idea that people should modify their behaviors in order to conform to other people's standards. But, some of our friends and loved ones are judgmental and it is tricky to find a balance.

I do know that one of the biggest reasons SOs do not support the CDing is because they do not want to live with the burden of everyone else knowing about it. I'm not saying this is right, just that it is true.

flatlander_48
12-23-2009, 09:55 PM
And she made me eat vegetables!!

You know, if you had listened to your mother 'way back when, this wouldn't be such a problem for you now...

Sharon
12-23-2009, 10:02 PM
If your wife's worst faults are her bitten nails and her wanting you to eat veggies, you are a lucky man.

SarahLynn
12-23-2009, 10:41 PM
You gonna grow your nails long, learn how to type better, or at least proof read your stuff!
I had my acrylics done 2 weeks ago and it took me 3 times as long to try and find the right keys with the tips of the nails…:lol:

Evie

oh, and eat your veggies :heehee:

Yeah, and learn your from you're, too :heehee::heehee::heehee:

SarahLynn

kimmy p
12-23-2009, 11:07 PM
"You're not a girl".... No. But I play one whenever possible.

How would that go over? :angry::bigsmack::beatup:

Daniela76
12-24-2009, 02:11 AM
I have bitten my nails since childhood and just recently stopped. I think it was Dani being allowed to come out & play that made it happen. I still pick at them and sometimes bite them if they are cracked, but they're starting to get long enough to do something with. I'm definitely getting a manicure soon, but I don't know where to go. It has to be someplace nice. I can't stand the chemical smell from the cheap places.

Vegetables are good!! Okay they're just okay. Meat is good too, but I have to watch how much I eat. I am a Carbatarian. High carbs, low protein makes me lose weight since I don't retain as much water then. (I just tried today to have a salad for lunch but they're so damn much work for so little food & nutrients!!)

Nail biting is generally looked upon as a lack of sexual fulfillment. Hmmm, interesting, no?? Anything you need to work on with her?? :D

Alice Torn
12-24-2009, 02:42 AM
She made you eat vegetables, complained about your long nails. But, at least she isn't making you wear women's jeans!!!

Acadeca
12-26-2009, 04:00 AM

For goodness sake, she's not competing. She's a heterosexual woman so she's attracted to MEN not women. That's why she married a MAN.

Your posts are funny and all, but do you ever stop to think how hard this is for your wife? She had no idea what she was getting into when she married you. Can you blame her for asking you to not shove your feminine trappings in her face?

Before I get accused of being transphobic, I totally support CDs and CDing. But it galls me to see wives legitimate concerns dismissed as 'competitiveness'.

BLUE ORCHID
12-26-2009, 07:30 AM
She made you eat vegetables, complained about your long nails. But, at least she isn't making you wear women's jeans!!!

...............L M A O..............
.................................................. .............Orchid

tinalynn
12-26-2009, 07:33 AM
I hear the "you're not a girl" from my wife all the time. Usually when I see some TV commercial with a hottie in a dress I'd like to try on and am dumb enough to comment about it. She'll also say "bird seed boobies" when I remind her of things she's neglected to do. Because I sometimes leave mine in the closet, where our German Shorthair picks them up and carries them around the house. It's quite comical...

Sandy094
12-26-2009, 07:53 AM
I have to go with what Sharon said it takes a wife a long time accept this (dressing as a women) and they never will in hole but if you can sit down and tell her what you feel when she make that comment she may back off and stop saying it. You should eat some vegetables there good for you.

Angie G
12-26-2009, 08:03 AM
With me wife it was the hair it was about 4 inches below my shoulder.It wasn't really about the girlie thing.More she just didn't care for it that long.:hugs:
Angie

jo_ann
12-26-2009, 06:46 PM
lately my wife keeps asking me why I like my long hair, I think she prefers it when it was short. It started out with "what, are you trying to look like your brother?" In my opinion, I think my wife doesn't care if I dress up, as long as it's temporary. When it's there all the time (long hair), it doesn't bother her, but if she had it her way I'd have short hair and facial hair.

Samantha B L
12-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Well Karren,if you don't want the controversy of the long nails getting noticed follow the academic Archie Bunker's advice:

"Oh yeah..........Oh I ain't hungry..........I et a Frankfurtah uptown"

I mean,the Burgh surely has a lot of places to get Pastrami and Hot Dogs. After all,it's in the Northeast. Such is the rigors of the order of the long nails. When I was a little kid watching women like Ann Margaret and Tina Louise on TV I would let my nails grow and grow for weeks until my Mom and Dad would order me to trim them. They didn't suspect crossdressing. They thought I was just being a slob.

Nigella23
12-26-2009, 07:45 PM
For goodness sake, she's not competing. She's a heterosexual woman so she's attracted to MEN not women. That's why she married a MAN.

Your posts are funny and all, but do you ever stop to think how hard this is for your wife? She had no idea what she was getting into when she married you. Can you blame her for asking you to not shove your feminine trappings in her face?

Before I get accused of being transphobic, I totally support CDs and CDing. But it galls me to see wives legitimate concerns dismissed as 'competitiveness'.

OK, I'll accept wearing dresses, skirts and make up might be abit of a stretch for some SO. You've got to be having a laugh though if you think that long nails are shoving feminine trappings in anyones face! If you hadn't noticed nails like hair, grows naturally, without any desire or special TG qualities! Not cutting or having them in a long style, is about as relevant as having stinky feet! It would be a strange world if peoples "Masculinity" was measured by nail and or hair length.
Oh and my :2c: She's jealous.....

ReineD
12-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Oh and my :2c: She's jealous.....

:wall: :rolleyes:

Not cutting or having them in a long style, is about as relevant as having stinky feet! It would be a strange world if peoples "Masculinity" was measured by nail and or hair length.

There is a difference between non manicured nails that are long due to neglect and perfectly manicured and filed femme nails. Non-CDs would not be caught dead with femme looking fingernails.

PretzelGirl
12-26-2009, 09:50 PM

Let me put a pillow against that wall to save you as you will probably be doing it for the rest of your time here (which is hopefully very long and why the pillow is needed). There always seems to be another person to make these comments.

Karren H
12-26-2009, 10:04 PM

Who shoved feminine trappings into her face? I pointed at something!! Jeeezzzeee.... And I think about it every day and live it every day and we are making it work... And a far as being transphobic... Nahhh. Fanatically worse.... In my humble opinion

VeronicaMoonlit
12-26-2009, 11:13 PM

There is a difference between non manicured nails that are long due to neglect and perfectly manicured and filed femme nails. Non-CDs would not be caught dead with femme looking fingernails.

I've done certain "lite" body mods and changes and of all of them, the manicured nails bothered by late mother and sister the most. They didn't mind the long hair, or tweezed brows, or even the women's skechers, but the nails.....and perfume.

Veronica Rogers

Karren H
12-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Hockey season is 12 months a year here, Kitty!! and OPI Envy hardner with a top coat of China Glaze Matte Magic.... hard as a puck!!!

ReineD
12-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Let me put a pillow against that wall to save you as you will probably be doing it for the rest of your time here (which is hopefully very long and why the pillow is needed). There always seems to be another person to make these comments.

I know. lol. I feel like Neo fighting an onslaught of Agents. I don't need a pillow. It is a virtual wall. :)

EDIT

OPI Envy hardner with a top coat of China Glaze Matte Magic.... hard as a puck!!!

Thanks for the tip, Karren! :hugs: I'll be sure to get some. My nails are horrible! :)

Schatten Lupus
12-27-2009, 03:53 AM
My nails are longer than my fiance. We both used to bite them, but I gradually and recently kicked the habbit.

joyce483
12-27-2009, 01:27 PM
karren - now we know why your slap shot is wimpy!! your wife is just trying to help your hockey game!!

kayesimone
12-27-2009, 01:43 PM
maybe she's just hinting that you two should go to the nail salon?

Nigella23
12-30-2009, 07:00 PM

The Jealousy remark was supposed to be tongue in cheek, apologies for any offence.

But if you honestly think non-CDs would not be caught dead with femme looking fingernails, then the percentage of CD's just shot up dramatically. There are lots of men these days who take care of their nails, having manicures etc, whilst not and never having a desire to wear womens clothes. granted they wouldn't be wearing Hot Pink varnish.

docrobbysherry
12-30-2009, 09:11 PM
I LOVE vegetables, and wear GLOVES!:devil:

ReineD
12-31-2009, 12:49 AM
The Jealousy remark was supposed to be tongue in cheek, apologies for any offence.

Apology accepted! :hugs: It is such a common sentiment in this forum that it was hard for me to determine whether or not you were joking. I've been near silent about these remarks for years, but decided recently to call people out on them when I read them. Cos it really isn't true that GGs are jealous of CDs. :)

But if you honestly think non-CDs would not be caught dead with femme looking fingernails, then the percentage of CD's just shot up dramatically. There are lots of men these days who take care of their nails, having manicures etc, whilst not and never having a desire to wear womens clothes. granted they wouldn't be wearing Hot Pink varnish.

Your original post left me to believe you were referring to unkempt long fingernails. Also, if this is a newish trend, then I'll eat my words, although my sons would not be caught dead sporting shaped, feminine looking long nails. One son plays the guitar though and has had long nails in the past, but they didn't look like my SO's fingernails at all. They looked like a guy's long nails. Not shaped. And just on one hand.

If on the other hand you are referring to men who keep their nails well manicured, yes I agree there are many. The nails are well trimmed, well buffed, clean, but not long and shaped with rounded corners. Do Goths wear long nails? But then it would be apparent from the rest of their presentation that they are Goth?

Fab Karen
12-31-2009, 05:13 AM
I hope it wasn't Lima Beans...that'd mean she's a Sadist.:)

Jenniferpl
12-31-2009, 05:18 AM
When I eat healthly, I start to get the shakes, which makes it hard to trim my nails.

Karren H
12-31-2009, 03:37 PM
A couple nights ago we were in the garage and I was working on the stair railing I'm building and using the grinder... She came out and said something about my nails again so turned on the grinder and proceeded to reduce them down... Just a rim of white showing and held them up and said "happy". And she relided "very". And went upstairs... so since then she has been just a wonderful person to be around so I think for the forseeable future I'm going to keep them ground down and go back to using stickons when I want to go out enfemme...

Miranda09
12-31-2009, 04:22 PM
That was a perfect comeback...tactful, humorous, and not insulting to her feelings. I bet she was laughing once she went back in the house! :)

Karren H
12-31-2009, 04:32 PM
Lol. Nahhhh. She doesn't have a sense of humor! Hope no one at work finds out I was using the grinder without my safety gloves on!! :D

Miranda09
12-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Uh-oh...Don't let OSHA or MSA find out!!!!! I hope you at least used the right grit sand paper!! ;)

sonia_dargency
12-31-2009, 04:51 PM
I start to think that I won't be the funny girl in this forum

I can't even remember what she said this time except the words.... "Your not a girl"!! [...]
And she made me eat vegetables!! [...]
She's a nail bitter and I did notice that she is trying to grow hers out... A feminine competition!! I love to compete! Lol.

1 - maybe it would help if you did pay attention to what she said
2 - you are no longer 8 years old
3 - don't do that to her

I am sure you are a great girl (you look great anyway) but that is a guy behavior; instead, buy her flowers and support her efforts growing her nail pretty - she is a girl too.

Thank you

Sonia

Karren H
12-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Uh-oh...Don't let OSHA or MSA find out!!!!! I hope you at least used the right grit sand paper!! ;)

Just completed my 10 hour annual refresher so I'm good as long as no one snitches! Now I have to develope a systen where you can grind your finger nails down while wearing your gloves! Maybe submit it and get a bigger safety bonus!! :)