PDA

View Full Version : Tiffany accidently meets the neighbor/X-Mas Gift Included!

Tiff Rivera
12-23-2009, 02:21 PM
A little brief history as to how this happened. It is quite funny and the reaction was completely unexpected.

In June of 2008 I was laid off and I’ve been out of work since due to my now ex-wife’s medical condition. She then left with all our belongings and of course all my things. I was forced to move back to Florida and now live with my father, who has not been introduced to Tiffany. My father is a lot like Archie Bunker from All In The Family. So every chance I get to dress, I do.

My father left yesterday to visit family and would be gone the entire weekend. So I took the opportunity to be myself. I showered, got completely dressed and headed out for some fresh air. My neighbors have no idea, I usually get in the car before I open the garage door, and upon arriving home I do these steps in reverse.

After my day of shopping I came home made dinner and just watched some TV and chatted with some friends. Well I fell asleep. At eight this morning and I heard my door bell ringing, I had completely forgotten I was watching my neighbor’s dog for the weekend. But I failed to remember my state of dress. Well I answered the door. My neighbor quickly says, “Good Morning, I’m Elaine from next door, I was supposed to bring Max over this morning” As soon as she said that, I remembered, and completely froze. What felt like an eternity I finally spoke up and said, “They’ll be back in a few minutes you can leave Max here with me.”

A few minutes later my cell phone rings, it was my neighbor calling to tell me that she left Max with the young lady at my house. I completely lost it and started laughing, but I was nervous at the same time. I composed myself and said “Elaine, can you come over for a minute? I am at home” I was nervous but figured she already saw me I may as well tell her. Well she got there and I answered the door and we sat down and over a cup of fresh brewed coffee I told her about Tiffany.

After our chat and my telling her everything, she looks at me and says, “Tiffany it’s a pleasure to meet you, it’s great to have another girl on the block. After I get back, would you like to go shopping with me?” “And don’t worry, it will be our little secret!”

We chatted for another two hours and before she left, she says to me, “If you hadn’t told me I never would have known, maybe you are just meant to be who you are and there is nothing wrong with that.” She gave me a kiss and a hug, whished me a great Christmas and said she would see me on Monday.

I will gladly take this as my Christmas gift!

Sorry this is a little long winded, but I didn’t want to loose the morning’s events by shortening it.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

helena.gcd
12-23-2009, 02:30 PM
wow tiff, this story is COOL!!!
i think that this could be the beginning of a lot of new adventures for tiffany.
it seems that you have find a new friend that is really cool about tiff.

hugs

Aubrey Green
12-23-2009, 02:36 PM
What a great story! Now Elaine and Tiffany are going to have to go shopping! The after Christmas sales could be alot of fun!!

Brandi Wyne
12-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Tif, That was an awesome adventure. I'm so glad you found someone you can shop, visit with and have as a good neighbor and hopefully a friend. I'm also in FL. near Ft. Myers.

Have a happy holiday season and a merry Christmas, Hon.

:hugs:

Tomara
12-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Hi Tiffany
What a great story , it's too bad everyone couldn't be that cool about us but then we wouldn't have anything to talk about.
I hope you have a great holiday.
Tomara

Teri Jean
12-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Tiff that is so sweet and yes that is a great christmas gift. Hey you may have a wonderful girl friend for a long time. Shopping, coffee, movies, etc.

Teri

charlie
12-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Hello Tiffany!
It is always great to hear a story that involves people accepting us as we are. On top of that Tiffany now has a girlfriend that is a GG. Merry Christmas!

Miranda09
12-23-2009, 03:10 PM
A wonderful story Tiffany. Thanks for sharing. :)

joandher
12-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi Tiffany that was a great story and such a great ending,
WELL DONE GIRL

:hugs: j-jay

Nicole Erin
12-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Tiff you are the WOMAN! :thumbsup:

Ya know the perpetual "do I pass" thing, well sis, looks like you do.

Now what would give a GG the idea that us TG women love to shop? :heehee:

You kick ass, girl!

And hey, if you two really want to be platonic girlfriends, don't forget to bitch about men.

CharlotteW
12-23-2009, 04:02 PM
That was a lovely story. Happy Christmas to you.

victoriamwilliams1
12-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Wow! Very nice turn out:)

Tiff Rivera
12-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Awww, :hugs: Thanks everyone.

I am actually still on cloud nine!

Michelle_NY
12-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Very nice gf. I wish I found that special GG who would like to do the same here

sissystephanie
12-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Awesome story, Tiffany! A responsive and understanding GG can be a great friend to have. Be sure to save some money for lunch, after your shopping spree!!

carolinoakland
12-23-2009, 05:17 PM
It's when people see the person we always knew we were, weeeee! How great for you, your first girl "friend''! Carol

sara_also
12-23-2009, 05:19 PM
I would lovr to meet your neighbor, A very rare person. Glad everything went so well

carhill2mn
12-23-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm sure that you realize how lucky you are to have a neighbor like this!

Carol123
12-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Great story and I am happy for you,love Carol

Theresa1955
12-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Great story Tiff, thanks for sharing.

Kitty Sue
12-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Wow, what a great Chrissy present. :)

Alice B
12-23-2009, 07:22 PM
That is a great story and considering everything else that has happened to you I would agree that it was a great XMAS present. Sounds as if you have made a great friend. Merry XMAS.

Dana921
12-23-2009, 08:18 PM
What a great Christmas Present! Great story, thanks for sharing!

Dana

Tiff Rivera
12-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Here is a small update:

Yesterday was a Christmas alone at home, just my pooch Angel and Max. I hadn't spent Christmas alone in many years, so I was bored out of my wits,

When out of the blue my cell phone rings. It was Elaine, and she called to wish Tiffany a good Christmas and she talked to me for hours.

My spirits have been lifted and this makes me even more sure that I need to be who I am, as we all should be!

lauraabdl
12-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Great story and congrats on your new found friend. Happy shopping:hugs:

Phyliss
12-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Good for you Tiffany. So nice to know somebody who accepts us for who we are. How we present ourself isn't the issue, it's more of who we REALLY are.

Deidra Cowen
12-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Thats a very cool story glad it went well! By the way I used to go down to Navare Beach all the time when I was a kid. First time there I think there was a holdiday in then like less than 10 houses. I went back a few years ago and was shocked at all the hotels, condo's and houses. Opppps got off subject there. :eek:

Maija
12-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Great story, I hope you enjoy many adventures to come.

Ras
12-26-2009, 02:20 PM
that is soocool Tiff. Sounds like you found a new GF to assist you. Keep us posted on new developements

Raychel
12-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Sounds like you had a great christmas afterall. I just hope that the news doesn't get back to "Archie"

kristinacd55
12-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Tiff, it sounds like a Christmas miracle! What a great story. :daydreaming:

Samantha43
12-26-2009, 09:05 PM
That's a great story! Thanks for sharing it.

bridget jones
12-26-2009, 09:14 PM
I believe it must have been exciting for you to come out to her and the payoff seems to be great for you.I'd have to say though that if I looked like you in your avitar I would'nt think twice about coming out to her....have fun,enjoy your time together learn GG secrets and do share.

Amanda Styles
12-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Hi Tiffany,
Lucky you, and a very nice present.
I wish I had a neighbor like yours :), hope the new year brings lots of fun.

Claire Cook
12-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Yes, great story. I'll bet more of us have neighbors like that ... if we only knew. One of our Florida neighbors sent us a Christmas card addressed to the "three" of us.... (she said we have to get manicures together at some point.)

So we're all waiting to hear about the shopping trip!

KateW
12-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Great story. Don't think I'd have been brave enough to call her back round to explain but that's proof that wonderful things can happen if you do! X

Laura_Stephens
12-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Great story! Thanks for sharing!

paulaluvssz8
12-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Great to hear that you have a GG that you can go to and have a great time shopping girl talk, etc.... Keep the updates coming!!

Midnight Skye
12-27-2009, 06:42 PM
That is way too cool Tiffany. I'm so very happy for you! Getting acceptance like that is so much fun, and just feels great in every way possible. You go girl!

sherri52
12-27-2009, 07:35 PM
That's awesome. A christmas gift that goes to the mall with you.

Bobbi Lynn
12-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Hi Tiffany,
Congratulations! A great Christmas story!

DanaR
12-28-2009, 02:35 AM
Very cool Tiff. Hopefully your dad will be gone sometimes, so you and your neighbor can go out shopping. Let us know how this works out.

StaceyJane
12-29-2009, 02:30 PM
That's a great story and it looks like you have a new friend.

carolinoakland
12-29-2009, 02:51 PM
The universe tends to send you what you need when you need it the most,no?

Samantha Girl
12-29-2009, 03:43 PM
That is an amazing story Tiff! How awesome! :D

BTW your picture is beautiful, I can see why the neighbor said what she said! ;)

Danica
12-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks for sharing your story Tiffany. It took a lot of nerve to phone her back to explain. Not sure I would have had the same courage as you displayed. Elaine sounds like a wonderful person for accepting you as you are. What a great friend to have!

Rachel M
12-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Hey Tiff, Great story. Now that you made a new friend are you concerned she may say something to your dad? After having such a positive reaction with the neighbor, does it put you at ease to share Tiffany with your dad? Funny you mentioned Archie bunker, I recall an episode where he saved the life of a crossdresser giving her mouth to mouth, unknowing of course. He was able to look past who she was and accepted it. Maybe dad will do the same.
Rachel

Desiree8
12-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Good for you Tiff!! That is great!
You are sooo fortunate to have such a great neighbor!
Give Elaine a big hug from me!
:love:

Tiff Rivera
12-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Hey Tiff, Great story. Now that you made a new friend are you concerned she may say something to your dad? After having such a positive reaction with the neighbor, does it put you at ease to share Tiffany with your dad? Funny you mentioned Archie bunker, I recall an episode where he saved the life of a crossdresser giving her mouth to mouth, unknowing of course. He was able to look past who she was and accepted it. Maybe dad will do the same.
Rachel

I remember that episode, it was quite funny

Not worried at all. We actually spoke of this today. She's a bit old fashioned in the sense that when people confide its because they need a confidant, not a blabber mouth

TeriAnn
12-29-2009, 09:56 PM
I am very close friends with the fellow next door, his wife passed away about a year ago so I always try to check on him. I think it is way cool to have a neighbor that excepts you for who you are.
Just wish my neighbor who is a guy would be as understanding.
Guess you can't have everything. Good luck and happy shopping

Tiff Rivera
12-30-2009, 05:13 PM
My neighbor to the rescue today:

Today started out really bad. I had an appointment with my Cosmetic Surgeon today. One of many appointments I have had since my car accident. My surgeon tells me they will have to reset my jaw and nose, ouch. The procedure is painful and having had it done already I am not looking forward to it. So home I went feeling down.

Elaine, my neighbor sees me arrive home and she asked me how it went. After explaining to her what the doc said she says to me, "Tiffany needs to come out and play"

Archie Bunker, my dad, is gone for the weekend again, so I went and got dressed, walked out the front door and next door to Elaine's house. None of the other neighbor's know, but today I just didn't care.

We got into Elaine's car and off we went for a late lunch and to have our nails done. After getting our nails done, we sat at Starbucks and chatted a while. Thanks to Elaine, my day ended on a better note!

I think I just found a really good friend in Elaine. Sometimes life has a way of steering you in the direction you need to go. I've been through a lot of ups and downs last few years, but all behind me now. Sometimes life truly begins with your own acceptance.

Rachel M
12-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Tiff,
Sorry to hear about the nose and jaw. But im glad Elaine was able to come through for you. I think many of us could use an Elaine in our lives. Thanks for another positive story.
Rachel

Tiffanycd
01-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Tiff you are truly lucky and i wish you the best and it's looks like you have meet a really cool friend.
And your neighbor is right you are beautiful.

Tiffanycd

Jamz1b
01-10-2010, 09:10 PM
You have such a sweet freind!! I so wish I could find some one like that, though It helps to look so amazing as you do. Lucky girl.

Tiff Rivera
01-11-2010, 01:39 AM
I got a couple of messages asking about my neighbor, so here is the update.

Elaine and I are becoming fast friends. Unfortunately since Archie Bunker is retired and never leaves the house I have to go as the old me.

She's been giving me tips on growing my nails, but mostly just girl talk and lots of chats over coffee or wine about life in general.

She's a truly accepting individual

Darylin
01-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Wow Tiff,

I can see why your neighbor didn't guess. You are very pretty and I'm sure you could pass anywhere to anyone. I'm in Florida too, near Tampa, so, Hi Neighbor! Keep dressing and having fun. Now that you're not working as "him", it may be time to try for a job as Tiff. Have you thought about that?

xoxoxo,

Darylin :daydreaming: