PDA

View Full Version : Working in Atlanta

Kitty Sue
12-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Hi all I just found out I will be in Atlanta for a couple of days. December 26 and 27. I have never been to that great southern city and am looking forward to the trip. I guess being involved with DoD stuff does have its perks.

Can anybody recommend some places to visit? By the way if anybody would like to meet for coffee and chit chat, I would be happy to meet. Feel free to IM/e-mail me if you like. I am now off to pack; two bags. Drab guy clothes and comfy fem outfits.
KS, :)

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Just came back from Atlanta thanksgiving, I spent a week with my daughter and had a good time. People are very TG friendly, especially the people I met. Lots of little restaurants and coffee houses to mingle in, I just wouldn't be able to tell you how to get to any of them. But enjoy your trip.

By the way what kind of DOD work do you do? If it's classified not a problem. The reason I ask is my brother does some work for the DOD as well and does occasional travel for them. He works on a team that setup's and calibrates radiation detectors at port's of call, where trucks pass them and they detect radioactive anomalies etc. Is this something similar to what you do?

By the way have a most enjoyable xmas. Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

Alicia_lynn419
12-24-2009, 09:52 AM
There are a few CD Friendly bars you might want to check out... LeBuzz, Stagedoor, Paris... Cowtippers is a nice place to eat as well, and you will be made to feel very welcome there regardless of how you dress. These are the first places that come to mind....

Merry Christmas!

MorganBenton
01-05-2010, 02:55 AM
sorry we missed ya....