PDA

View Full Version : just want to cry....

nikkijo
12-24-2009, 01:02 AM
bought a really really cute outfit about a month ago, it was a size 9/11 jrs have never worn it, and now its no where close to fitting.. so i got on the scale... ive gained 35 lbs since i bought it, and 10 lbs in the last week and a half... even my size 16 tops are tight.. and i delagated those to never again wear.. now need to reverse the process and lose the gained weight.. any ideas on how to lose the weight in the rough time frame i gained it......

Stitch
12-24-2009, 04:25 AM
It's unhealthy trying to loose weight that fast. You should just cut down your intake and take it a day at a time. I don't think there are any healthy lose weight fast diets, and personally I'd much rather have a little body fat and be healthy than worry about my weight to much.
Also while extreme exercise burns fat it also builds muscle, which is actually denser and heavier than fat.

Please don't be sad. Everybody has the "OMG I've put and weight and can't fit into *blank* anymore. So don't beat yourself up. Seriously.
Mine at the moment is a pair of boots, I have chunky little calve muscles and while I could fit into them in the summer, I apparently can't now. You win some you lose some.

There was also that time I found a beautiful dress, and at the time it fit me.. then I put on bit of weight and couldn't get it on anymore. So I hung it where I could see it, and resolved to watch my intake better. I can now fit in it again. :)

Now weight is a touchy issue, so I hate to be rude in asking.. but what is is that caused you to gain that much in so little time?

I comfort eat every now and again. I find its best to tackle the problem at the roots so to speak. So when I feel like comfort eating, I try and figure what's making me unhappy and then try and find something that can appease myself for awhile that isn't food. Now while I understand not all sources of unhappy can be so easily dashed aside its still worth trying.

crossdrezzer1
12-24-2009, 05:30 AM
hang up the outfit near the kitchen and everytime you go eat you will see it and walk away from the eating idea in a pink fog

nikkijo
12-24-2009, 09:00 AM
if i knew why i gained 35 lbs in under 5 weeks i wouldnt be having emotional issues because of it....

PetiteDuality
12-24-2009, 09:11 AM
if i knew why i gained 35 lbs in under 5 weeks i wouldnt be having emotional issues because of it....

Honey, I think you should visit a doctor. It's such a big weight increase is such short time. If you don't know why, then I guess that you have not been eating in excess.

Knowing the cause of your weight increase is a key factor to effectively lose it afterward.

Stitch
12-24-2009, 09:13 AM
In that case I'd head the Doctors, rather to be safe than sorry.

Nicole Erin
12-24-2009, 09:58 AM
WOW, 35 pounds in 5 weeks?
How is that even possible?

Yeah something is seriously out of whack.

Have your eating habits changed, like getting a new job and eating at McD's every day for lunch? One meal at McD's can easily contain 1500 calories, even their "healthy" foods are calorie packed. You don't even want to know.

But if your eating habits are pretty much the same, you have GOT to get to a doctor. Sometimes an onset of something like diabetes can cause that. I am no doctor or anything, but for real, do not play around with this.

Jenny Gurl
12-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Maybe the battery is causing problems. I had a scale go bad once. It would weigh different every time I stepped on it. I purchased a good one from home medic that is accurate within .2 lbs.

It is the holidays, you probably gained some, maybe or maybe not that much. The cloths are a good sign. change your lifestyle and eat healthier foods, less of them, and exercise. I know it is easier said than done but it is the age old solution. Cut back on fast food, go to diet drinks if you drink the real thing. Hanging a dress you want to fit into near the food or even a picture of you in it would not be a bad idea.

nikkijo
12-24-2009, 03:22 PM
my avatar is of when i weighed 187-190, about a week later i was 185 then before thanks giving was up to 200, now at 228.. no real change in eating habits.. thus my frustration..

and i do have a drs apt soon..

no battery issues with scale... have 3 including the wii ballance board that all agree...

Presh GG
12-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi,
I have to agree with the others. 35 ibs in 5 weeks? I don't want to scare you but gees !

I find sometimes I will eat when really I'm only thirsty. Find that's more common than not. Try drinking more water, It's good for you. Stay away from pop and alcohol

Hope you are well.

presh GG