PDA

View Full Version : Adam's Apple

Krista-girl
12-24-2009, 04:11 AM
I just getting into cd. One problem I have is my big adam's apple. Any way to cover that up? I know i cant hide it too well. But if any of you com up with an idea please let me know.

Shikyo
12-24-2009, 04:29 AM
There are some ways that help you to hide it, but might not work out in all weathers. Scarfs and chokers for example. However, not everyone likes using chokers as they are rather tight on the skin and chokers don't like adam's apples at all...

Krista-girl
12-24-2009, 04:32 AM
I thought of Scarfs but chokers I didnt think of. thank you

Shikyo
12-24-2009, 04:35 AM
I thought of Scarfs but chokers I didnt think of. thank you

You're welcome. But be careful with chokers as not all of them will help hiding it. Instead they might just do the opposite depending of the size and shape of your adam's apple. Be careful with metallic ones as they might push on the adam's apple when you swallow etc. which is rather uncomfortable in the beginning but it gets used to it rather fast.

linnea
12-24-2009, 07:50 AM
high collars, turtlenecks--another thing to do is to accentuate another part: for example, wear larger, dangly earrings that will catch people's eye instead of their eyes going to you adam's apple
And, I think most of all, don't worry about it. A pronounced adam's apple is not an absolutely unique masculine characteristic; unless you want to go through risky surgery, you won't be able to get rid of it, so let it go.

christinek
12-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Don't worry about it. I have found being out and about, you are going to be read any whey, the Adams apple is the least of your worries. Crappy teenagers and rude people are way worse.

Shikyo
12-24-2009, 10:36 AM
high collars, turtlenecks--another thing to do is to accentuate another part: for example, wear larger, dangly earrings that will catch people's eye instead of their eyes going to you adam's apple
And, I think most of all, don't worry about it. A pronounced adam's apple is not an absolutely unique masculine characteristic; unless you want to go through risky surgery, you won't be able to get rid of it, so let it go.

Indeed, it's surprising how many girls actually have it. Not as big or anything but there is still something clearly visible.

Don't worry about it. I have found being out and about, you are going to be read any whey, the Adams apple is the least of your worries. Crappy teenagers and rude people are way worse.

Especially teenagers, they often just keep going and you can't usually do a shit about them.

Sharon B.
12-24-2009, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about it as some natural women have noticeable addams apple also.

LauraL
12-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Good Morning:
There is a seller on ebay known as medeival to modern boutique who has some marvelous crocheted choker collars. Various styles and colors.
Happy shopping,
LauraL

Kate Simmons
12-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Don't try to hide it. Simply emphasize some of your other features. As Luke said to Yoda after he lifted the ship out of the swamp:"I don't believe it." Yoda replied "That is why you fail." Catch my drift?;):)

Daniela76
12-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Don't try to hide it. Simply emphasize some of your other features. As Luke said to Yoda after he lifted the ship out of the swamp:"I don't believe it." Yoda replied "That is why you fail." Catch my drift?;):)

This is another thing I love about this site. For a bunch of girls talking about clothes, our feelings, & passing, we still love to quote the guy movies that made the greatest impression on us!

I have a decent sized Adam's Apple, but I have a little fat over it so I seem to be okay right now.

Brandi Wyne
12-24-2009, 11:40 AM
All good answers. I don't have that problem but wondered about those that do. "Luke, come to the dark colored dresses and heels side. You know you want to."

Cristi
12-24-2009, 02:17 PM
As others have mentioned, it is a myth that ONLY guys have adams apples. Women have them too, they just tend to be much less pronounced.

I'm very lucky in that department, mine is very small. I've seen PLENTY of women with larger adams apples than I have.

Besides the choker or turtleneck idea, you might be able to play some tricks with makeup and shading to minimize how it looks. For instance, a bit darker shade on it and lighter shading on either side might make it look smaller.

Krista-girl
12-25-2009, 03:10 AM
Thank you all great ideas and makes me feel better to hear I dont have to be too troubled with it