PDA

View Full Version : Those who put down

Brandi Wyne
12-26-2009, 02:16 PM
As I reflect on my own course of life that has included crossdressing I can't help but think of a real life story that comes from my young years on my grandparents' farm.

As happens with farm animals, a duck laid a clutch of eggs, then was killed by a fox. My wise grandmother put the eggs under a hen that is known to be a "sitter", one that never lays eggs but will sit on others' nests. The old hen sat those eggs till they all hatched out and she became the mother to six ducklings.

One day they were looking for grain and wandered close to the pond. One by one the little ducklings followed their natural calling and took to the water. The old hen was racing up and down the bank, squaking and cackling like the sky itself were falling. She was upset that they born of a chicken, yet were comfortable where she could only be fearful.

Perhaps we, or many of us, have always been what we are but raised by and around people for whom life was very different. As we have grown and trid to adapt to our surroundings and yet still feel our natural calling, many will be there on the sidelines,trying to discourage us, talking bad to us, scolding us and never realizing that we are who we always were.

Like the hen and the ducklings,if they loved us then, they should love us now.:2c:

XXs to all and I hope you have a happy new year.

carolinoakland
12-26-2009, 02:38 PM
our loved one's, like that hen, don't understand, and they're nuturing instinct is trying to protect us from their perceptions that we're in over our heads.

Elaine Michelle
12-26-2009, 02:43 PM
That's a thought provoking analogy Mickey. Thanks for sharing.

Elaine

Karren H
12-26-2009, 02:45 PM
So your saying I was switched at birth? And I should have been a chicken! Ekkkk.. Cute story...

dilane
12-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Great story, Barb! It really hits the nail on the head.

I'm going to pass it on.

Thanks.

Jason+
12-26-2009, 03:21 PM
So many times I've had to offer the expected cluck when the quack was literally screaming to be released.

Tiff Rivera
12-26-2009, 03:28 PM
What a fantastic analogy, it does hit home. Maybe this is a great way to explain to our friends and family when we finally tell them

:hugs:

SusanCACD
12-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Thank you so so much for sharing that wonderful thought. I think I know I will never understand why I am like I am, but being here and listening to what others have to share has given me hope, Hope that someday I will finally be me.

Thank you again...

Susan

sherri52
12-26-2009, 04:29 PM
I've been swimming all my life and my parents still don't like it. neither did my wives.

Kate Simmons
12-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Pretty much right on the "money" Hon. In the end we all fulfill our purpose and complete our programming despite what we have encountered along the way.:)

Toni_Lynn
12-26-2009, 05:09 PM
So your saying I was switched at birth? And I should have been a chicken! Ekkkk.. Cute story...

No -- not a chicken! YOU should have been a penguin! :heehee:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Rianna Humble
12-26-2009, 05:13 PM

In your case, I would think that you are like what the ugly duckling grew into

Pretty much right on the "money" Hon. In the end we all fulfill our purpose and complete our programming despite what we have encountered along the way.:)

Except that I think what I encountered was a compiler error :eek:

Brandi Wyne
12-26-2009, 05:13 PM
No -- not a chicken! YOU should have been a penguin! :heehee:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Toni, Did you mean Karen as a nun? Hmmm. Interesting.:daydreaming:
XXs

TeriAnn
12-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Wow Pretty and smart too. liked the story

Lisia
12-26-2009, 11:21 PM
WOW! Unbelievably great analogy, and so true!

Frédérique
12-27-2009, 12:21 AM
One day they were looking for grain and wandered close to the pond. One by one the little ducklings followed their natural calling and took to the water. The old hen was racing up and down the bank, squaking and cackling like the sky itself were falling. She was upset that they born of a chicken, yet were comfortable where she could only be fearful.

I used to raise ducks back in the old days (I lived on a farm, and I dearly miss it). The chicken has good cause for concern, since danger comes from everywhere. Snapping turtles lurk under the water, hawks and owls swoop down from the sky, and coyotes (and foxes) wait patiently in the nearby woods. It’s all about hunger, vulnerability, and common sense, i.e. survival…

Are you trying to say that we are following our “natural calling” by dressing up as women? If only it were as simple as that, my dear. In my case, certain avenues were blocked in childhood, so my development as a “normal” person was distorted. There was never a “calling” per se, I just took what was left of my personality (after the bullies got through) and made something out of it. I knew the dangers that awaited me out in the world, but I didn’t care – if I’m not allowed to be normal (which may be the true calling you’re alluding to), then I’m going embrace being different and go forward in my chosen lifestyle, regardless of the consequences, heedless of any warnings…:straightface:

As we have grown and trid to adapt to our surroundings and yet still feel our natural calling, many will be there on the sidelines,trying to discourage us, talking bad to us, scolding us and never realizing that we are who we always were.

Am I who I always was? A curious question, based on an even curiouser* sentence. Perhaps, but I’ll never know for sure…:idontknow:

*Is "curiouser" a word? Ask Lewis Carroll...