PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with engendered species?

Jill
12-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Recently, I was surfing the web for local support groups and found one in Salt Lake City called engendered species. They apparently have meetings and have outings on the weekends. I've become extremely curious and I want to contact them. Is anyone familiar with engendered species? Do any of the local Utah girls on here spend time with them?

june2cd
12-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Jill
I do not know about the group but I have learn this much in the past few years, is if you want it go for it and make the call there is no harm in that. then if it sounds good then join them on an outting. good luck.

PretzelGirl
12-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I hadn't heard about them until I went to the December Tri-Ess meeting here in SLC. Deborah Dean, the founder of Engendered Species, and her partner came out to talk and played a 45 min video about the group and some education on TS/CDs.

Most of what came out of the movie, you can figure out from their web page, you just don't get the specific stories.

- They do group trips
- They are politically active
- They are into education

After that, maybe there is someone here that has attended one of their meetings or get-togethers. It appears they are Salt Lake City bound and they didn't discuss growth to other areas.

For those who wanted a link:
http://www.es-transgender.com/index.htm

I also saw someone I work with in their movie. Whooops. At least she is full time, so it isn't like she was outed inadvertently.

sterling12
12-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Don't know them...but, it's a cleaver Play on Words. They ought to get a few points for coming up with such a Trendy Name.

Heck, why don't you make contact and try both Groups. Once you get out there, start attending and doing, it becomes addictive. Usually, you will want all the "street time" you can obtain.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Lisa Renee
12-27-2009, 10:26 PM
I attended their meetings a few years ago. I didn't know they were still around, I thought the founders had moved to another state. If they are still around there probably is information at the GLBT center down town, I know they used to have get togethers there I think once a month.

Alice Torn
12-27-2009, 10:50 PM
In such a heavily Mormon area, I wonder how many are cding Mormons? I am not Mormon, but, i imagine the church frowns on it. Conservative churches condemn anything like cding.

vivianann
12-28-2009, 12:28 AM
I am familiar with engendered species, I have known Deborah Dean for about 20years, and have attended there meetings.

Jill
12-28-2009, 09:27 AM
In such a heavily Mormon area, I wonder how many are cding Mormons? I am not Mormon, but, i imagine the church frowns on it. Conservative churches condemn anything like cding.

The church doesn't seem to have an official stance on crossdressing but yes, the conservative people who belong to it generally frown on it. But there are huge problems amongst church members secretly doing things that the church specifically prohibits. Crossdressing is small potatoes.

I am familiar with engendered species, I have known Deborah Dean for about 20years, and have attended there meetings.

And? How is it? What do they do? Have you had some fun experiences with them?

Crystal Rose
01-10-2010, 09:32 PM
My legs have never looked as good as yours do in the pic. What brand do you wear and what is your secret to getting great looking legs?

Crystal Rose
01-10-2010, 09:33 PM
What color is it that you are wearing?

christinek
01-10-2010, 10:01 PM
We do not have endangered species in my area but we do have a support group. You go and sit at a few tables and people chat. It is nice none the less but it is a support group. I don't need support and I am who I am and cant change that. So it gets boring real quick!

I have not been in months due to this fact. I want to go out as a group and experience life but this is not the group for that.

Do your homework and make-sure this is what you are looking for.