PDA

View Full Version : I rock at this game!

SuzanneBender
12-27-2009, 03:57 PM
We were snowed in over the past two days. It was nice everyone stayed local and we hosted an impromptu party last night for our neighbors and some local friends.

My wife and I love board games and she gave me a game called Gender Gap for Christmas. A friend of my wife saw the game laying under the tree and said lets play this. My wife pulled me into the kitchen and told me to make sure not to tip my hand. Bah Humbug! She has been married to me for 16 years and knows that my Y chromosome has imprinted a competitive streak that can not be contained. The game is like trivial pursuit except you ask the Guys questions about "Girl" things and the Ladies questions about "Guy" things. Needless to say I was the hero of the smelly old guy team last night! Several times I received, "how the heck do you know that" comments from the other players as I was receiving high fives from my femme impared teammates.

My neighbor asked later that evening while we were playing pitch with the guys how I knew the answer to most of the questions. I told him I wasn't sure. I guess I must have a female gene or something. All he said was man I am calling you next time I have a question about my wife.

sherri52
12-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Your neighbor didn't put 2 and 2 together. I guess your wife didn't have anything to worry about.

PretzelGirl
12-27-2009, 04:14 PM
That is funny and oh so true. I think a lot of us don't leave the competitiveness behind. Probably why some of us try so hard to keep looking better.

helena.gcd
12-27-2009, 04:34 PM
i bet that you rock at it!!!
maybe you should have missed some random questions just to keep the lead on the game, but without crushing your opponents. :devil:

Phyliss
12-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Your neighbor didn't put 2 and 2 together.....

Probably because he's a guy and the thought of anybody else knowing things like that simply doesn't register with him

MarciManseau
12-27-2009, 04:50 PM
One look at your pic here, and he'd know what a cute girl you are :) Maybe you should show him. :devil:

Hugs, Marci :love:

lavistaa62
12-27-2009, 04:59 PM
LOL- we are at a family gathering and a crowd in the kitchen ended up browsing through some People and other "fashion" magazines- inevitably I was venturing opinions on the outfits and makeup in the pictures. I ended up doing the nails of two cousins there as well as I saw them making a hash of it and couldn't take it anymore:)

Kathi Lake
12-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Now THAT sounds like a fun game! I'm sure that, like me, we would probably not only beat the guys, but we would also beat our wives (and yes, I know how that sounds:)) at a game like that.

Kathi

SuzanneBender
12-27-2009, 05:34 PM
i bet that you rock at it!!!
maybe you should have missed some random questions just to keep the lead on the game, but without crushing your opponents. :devil:

Can't do that! That is shaving points and will get you in big trouble in Vegas. :heehee:

Your neighbor didn't put 2 and 2 together. I guess your wife didn't have anything to worry about.

I can bring the butch when I need. My house is covered with parphanelia from my military career and I am into some hardcore guy hobbies. I am thin and swishy, but those that know the guy side of me would never even entertain the idea. Phyliss is right most guys are oblivious.

One look at your pic here, and he'd know what a cute girl you are :) Maybe you should show him. :TamaraCroft:

You are too kind and my wife would have none of that! I never attributed competiveness to my looks, or lack there of, to it but Sue may have a point.

... inevitably I was venturing opinions on the outfits and makeup in the pictures. I ended up doing the nails of two cousins there as well as I saw them making a hash of it and couldn't take it anymore:)

When you know your stuff you can't deprive the world,especially your family, of your knowledge.

I'm sure that, like me, we would probably not only beat the guys, but we would also beat our wives (and yes, I know how that sounds:)) at a game like that.

Ohhh we should sell this one to the networks or at least make it an episode on the other series I am pitching, Real Transgendered Housewives, of crossdressers.com.

Miranda09
12-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Hey, that sounds like and awesome game Suzanne. Must have been hard to hold back!!:heehee:

DiannaRose
12-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Sounds like you're really good at the "I have a secret and I'm giving you more hints about it than you need and you still just will never get it" game, also, Suzanne! :)

Leslie Langford
12-28-2009, 12:18 AM
... The game is like trivial pursuit except you ask the Guys questions about "Girl" things and the Ladies questions about "Guy" things. Needless to say I was the hero of the smelly old guy team last night! Several times I received, "how the heck do you know that" comments from the other players as I was receiving high fives from my femme impared teammates...

...what were some of the questions, and did they involve kitten heels, Espadrilles, bumpits, eyebrow threading, hair extensions, Midol, lactation techniques, Kegel exercises, G-spots, spray tanning, Manolo Blahniks, Uggs, Wonderbras, Spanx, or the like :heehee:?

suchacutie
12-28-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm sometimes asked how I know these "girl" things. I have a pat response:

"Hey, I've been married for 36 years! So why haven't you learned this stuff?"

That usually sets them back on their heels :)

tina

Vicki-Z
12-28-2009, 02:34 AM
Yes Suzanne how did you know the answers.....:eek: lol That's funny I love it.

Vicki :hugs:

Charla McBee
12-28-2009, 05:12 AM
I've had my share of odd looks when things like my knowledge of dress sizes slips out.

insearchofme
12-28-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm in the same boat as Suchacutie. I too tell people I've been married for 38 years and have been with my wife 42 years in all. I'd be stupid if I didn't learn something about women's things.

SuzanneBender
12-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Sounds like you're really good at the "I have a secret and I'm giving you more hints about it than you need and you still just will never get it" game, also, Suzanne! :)

Dianna I hate to admit it but you have probably hit on something. There are days where I just think it would be easier if everyone else knew.

I'm sometimes asked how I know these "girl" things. I have a pat response:

"Hey, I've been married for 36 years! So why haven't you learned this stuff?"

That usually sets them back on their heels :)

I'm in the same boat as Suchacutie. I too tell people I've been married for 38 years and have been with my wife 42 years in all. I'd be stupid if I didn't learn something about women's things.

Girls I love this idea. I may try that next time.