PDA

View Full Version : Advice for first trip out?

Keira's Princess
12-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Tomorrow is my first trip out with my girlfriend en femme, after telling her about my CDing a few months back she's been nothing but supportive not only accepting me for who I am but encouraging me to let that side of myself out more. On the occasions I'm not in a girly mood she's even disappointed and scared that the mood won't ever come back (usually does within a couple of hours =D)

I've gone from being terrified and self hating because of my desire to where I am now. A place where I'm proud of it, confident and happy knowing that literally whenever I'm with her she'll let me be myself.

Recently we've been talking about going out dressed up and on christmas day she told me that we could take a day trip and go shopping for my first dress. :)

This is happening tomorrow and we've done as much preperation as we can, but I was just looking for a few last minute tips to help make the most of the day. Current plan is to go shopping around the winter sales for a while before watching a movie. I can't wait. :)

If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it, and thank you for taking the time to read

Miranda09
12-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Just one piece of advice ..... have FUN, FUN , FUN!!!!!!:dance:

DiannaRose
12-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Just one piece of advice ..... have FUN, FUN , FUN!!!!!!:dance:

Yup, that! :)

And know that there are not a few of us who are thinking of you, and are very jealous! :)

Danica_7
12-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Spend some good time on your makeup and that will go a long way.

PretzelGirl
12-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Keep smiling! You are suppose to be having a good time, aren't you? Enjoy it! :hugs:

Amanda Styles
12-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the forum first off.
Count your blessings next :)
Enjoy and have fun.

Megan70
12-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Don't be nervous or skittish, walk tall and with good posture, look like you own the place when you walk into someplace but my two biggest hints are CONFIDENCE IN YOURSELF, and DON"T EVER LOOK BACK OVER YOUR SHOULDER TO SEE IF YOU WERE JUST READ, its a dead giveaway of suspicion, uncertainty, or a possible shoplifter who's nervous and trying to get away. Don't be concerned with what is behind you, who cares. Just DO IT!!!!!!

oh... and one important thing to make you blend in... find the biggest crowd of people at the mall you can and walk among them, it sounds crazy but beleive me it works because you melt into them and they are too busy shopping to notice you. Now strolling down and empty desrted mall at 2 pm on a tues, with no body but store clerks to bide their time but stare at the sole individuals who occupy the place... thats when you'll be read. The more people the better

Leslie Langford
12-28-2009, 12:45 AM
...and the same principle applies to being out in public alone en femme at night as opposed to doing the same thing during the daytime.

Few GG's would venture out after dark into areas that we as males might not give second thought to being in for fear of being harassed or stalked.

DanaR
12-28-2009, 02:09 AM
One of the first times that I went out dressed, was to a breast form store in Seattle. I had talked to the lady that owned the store several times and she was really supportive. She told me to come to the store dressed, if I wanted.

After buying my forms I became really nervous and scared, as it was time to leave the store. The store owner was really nice and told me to do what her mom told her to do when was a young girl; put your head up straight, boobs out and just walk away. I've remembered that bit of advice for twenty years and it works, if you become scared or nervous; try it.

Vicki-Z
12-28-2009, 02:19 AM
Fantastic! I'm really happy for you. You have such a supportive girlfriend. Enjoy yourself.

Vicki :hugs:

Lisia
12-28-2009, 02:23 AM
put your head up straight, boobs out and just walk away. I've remembered that bit of advice for twenty years and it works, if you become scared or nervous; try it.

I Love this! :battingeyelashes:

-edit: and I am definitely going to try it!

vivianann
12-28-2009, 03:40 AM
Megan's advice is right on. Also act like you belong there, plus you have the advantage of having a GG there as your mentor, I am sure she will help you with your makeup and the clothes you wear, You are very lucky to have her there to guide you through your first time out in public, plus she will be there to take your attention away from your fears, we all would have given anything to have a female mentor like that when we went out for the first time enfemme. And Megan is absolutely right about the bigger the crowd the easier it is to blend in, works every time for me. Congrats on your first time out and remember CONFIDENCE CONFIDENCE CONFIDENCE, works every time it is practiced.:thumbsup:

Keira's Princess
12-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Hey everyone

So today was the big day. We took a train out to a town about an hour away and then I changed while in the station inside a baby changing room with girlfriend helping out the whole way.

Set off quite nervously and kinda messed up with my first interaction as I slipped on ice while passing two guys, only a stumble but enough to send them into hysterics...

After that minor slip up though we wandered down to the shops, stopped at one point to put gloves on as it was freezing and apparently two guys checked me out from behind, which made me smile.

We wandered round shops then for a while, went into a cosmetic store and touched up our make up using the samples and then I bought my first lipstick.

Next got a purse, later some new underwear and finally got my dress, cute little black one. The girlfriend got some stuff too =P

Then things went downhill, we went to the bus station to wait for a bus to the cinema. While there, a woman in early 20's, with a baby and some friends spotted me, and stared at me for a while as she queued to get on the bus in front. Then kinda nudged one of her friends and said something along the lines of "Ew, I'm not sure that's a girl y'know." Whispers and this spread through the group of friends, some pointed at me, most laughed at me.

Really upset me to be honest, was like the first time I was showing the world who I really am and i felt like i was being treated like a circus freak. I get that many CD's, particularly older ones, have it much harder than me and so I apologise if this comes off as whiney, but...well it wasn't ideal for my first trip out.

My girlfriend could tell I was upset by the group and we ended up deciding that it would be best to call it a day, go home to cuddle and talk about what happened so that I would feel better.

Let it all out to her I guess so no need to reiterate here, but yeah figured I'd let everyone know how it went. Other than the one hiccup it was a great day, 99% of the time either I passed or nobody noticed. Feeling better now and even though we missed out on the cinema I'm very happy with my purchases. :)

Sandra
12-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Dont' worry about those that noticed you and knudged their mates, they are not worth it, what matters is you went out and enjoyed yourself.

One thing if this happens again just try and look them in the eye and smile....believe me it works, most of the time they don't know what to do.

christinek
12-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Good for you girl, great that the girlfriend was with you! :itsok:

She was a good pillar of support at your side. I am sure it was hard on her too.

In your original post you asked for advice. You did not really need it, but always take friends for support and you did!

People will be mean no matter what, if you are alone you will have a much worse go at it than with some one or another CD/TG/TS as your comforting guide.

Miranda09
12-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Kiera, you did good, and as long as you have a wonderful, supportive wife, who cares about what anyone else thinks.:hugs:

Keira's Princess
12-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Keira is my girlfriend actually, decided to name my user account after her as she's been so supportive. I don't really have a feminine name at the moment, I used Jasmine today however.

Also I'm only 18 so there are no wedding bells just yet =]

But no it wasn't actually difficult for her, she's never had any issue at all with it and looked at me as if I was crazy when I asked her if she could see it being a problem. Today for her was just a fun trip out shopping =]

Also may I ask what GG means? Seen it used quite a lot but not quite sure on the meaning

sherri52
12-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Act naturally and your day will go by smoothly. Dress enfemme and use the ladies dressig room, do not ask if you can. Be the woman that you are.

A GG is a girly girl or a real woman. Usually a friend or spouse of a crossdresser. We hold them in high honor as they help us in the opinion of a woman that we really cannot give. You can have your girlfriend join and after ten posts she could join the gg's in thier own forum.

Nicole Erin
12-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Just don't do anything like urinate standing up behind a dumpster.

And yeah make sure and have fun with it, maybe test the waters by doing things like stopping at the store just to buy whatever... Avoid Walmart tho cause that place is gross.

Also, don't stop in a biker bar and dance around like Richard Simmons and offer taunts saying how fat and feminine they are... they get upset about that for some reason.

If you get pulled over by the police, they do not normally worry if someone is TG, but don't ask them to hold your beer while you get your license and registration.

Do not walk thru a bad neighborhood that night while loudly counting your cash.

If you stop by a gas station, do not light a cigarette while pumping gas.

If you must ride in an elevator full of shorter folks, do not pass gas.

Well, that's about it, I do need to say enjoy your femme evening and may many more follow. :)

Sally24
12-29-2009, 06:35 AM
Next got a purse, later some new underwear and finally got my dress, cute little black one.
It sounds like you're just getting your first stuff. The more wardrobe, makeup, and better wig (if you use one) you get, the more GG you will look (genetic girl). I've been going out for almost 5 years now, granted I'm in my 50's, and I'm just now getting really happy with my look. As you become more comfortable with this, it will show on your face. Relax...practice your walk and hand movements, and eventually you will become more at ease when out in public. It does become very addictive, lucky your girlfriend enjoys it as much as you do!!

crossdrezzer1
12-29-2009, 06:47 AM
firast time go as boy and use changing room,,, go slow and find her comfort level and yours