PDA

View Full Version : Where are the best places to shop?

paulaluvssz8
12-28-2009, 08:50 AM
I've gone into many dept stores dressed in drab, never en femme. Except underdressed. My question is where do you shop for femme things? And when you shop are you dressed en femme? Or drab? And what stores and cities or towns are most CDer friendly? Just curious!

I'm from the south, about everywhere you go here is a tuff call. I found a couple places in Mobile that were cd/tg/ts friendly. Most wal-marts are ok. Depends on SA, I always goto the more mature ladies. Only got one hard to read comment from one. I was buying some panties, and as she was ringing them up, she said "I don't think these are your color" and sorta smiled at me. I was scared to death, and told her that I was buying them for my wife... I even made sure that she saw my wedding band. I wish I would have said, you should see me in them... Hehehehe I bet she would have died.

AlisonSometimes
12-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Hi

I've not been shopping en-fem but go with my girlfirend so chicken out and she buys the clothes. If you're like me, tall (6ft2), less than skinney (size 16 to 18) and no longer a teenager then I'd reconmend

Marks & Spencers (great for underwear, they do great bust enhancers and some great clothes)
longtallsally.com (great for shoes and dresses, the local shop never has anything in stock though)

The other places I shop are

Next (shoes go upto a size 9)
John Lewis (only buy a dress if it is in a sale)
Dothery Perkins (although they don't always have what I want in my size)
New Look (Cheaper than the others but you get what you pay for, sometimes)

Places I would avoid are

Evans (Unless you want to look like a frumpy menapausal woman - sorry no offence intended but the clothes are dowdy and shapeless)
Pimark (fall apart after one wash and unless you are a size 14 or less you won't get anything in your size)
H & M (Nice clothes, unfortunatly I don't have a size 14 body anymore)
Top Shop (Same as above (exept you need to be a size 12), when I was 18 this was my favorite shop)

Bailey_in_Mansfield
12-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Only got one hard to read comment from one. I was buying some panties, and as she was ringing them up, she said "I don't think these are your color" and sorta smiled at me.

That sounds like a good comment actually. Good reply might have been "Do you have a recommendation?"

At any rate, VS is another option if you're of that body type. Their bras go up to 40DD, if I remember correctly (it might only be 40D) and their panties go up to XL. Not an option for the significantly overweight, but as has been mentioned in other threads, they not only have a reputation for being CD/TG friendly, but a company policy of it (and I have verified this personally with area and regional managers).

RADER
12-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Give me a catalog or the web anyday. You can find that special size that
the brick and mortor stores do not cary and no hasel from SA's
How ever it is hard to try on anything wile on the computer. LOL
You got to know your size carefully, or you will be returning a lot of idems.
Rader :o

Aubrey Green
12-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Well Paula, if you are a size 8, there are alot of choices in both women's and juniors.

the usual suspects, Walmart, Target, Kohl's, JC Pennys, Dillards

on-line shops I use, daisymaze.com, tillys.com, soffe.com, hautelook.com, greatglam.com, amiclubwear.com, shoes.com

Happy shopping!

Billijo49504
12-28-2009, 02:16 PM
LaneBryant and any store in the Charming Group have Corp orders to be gender blind. So Fashion Bug and Catherines also fall into that too. That's what I was told by a district manager. I've also read that VS figures that 60% of it's business is to men, for men. And I haven't been to a wig shop that I wasn't welcome to try on any wig I wanted to, even in the private area...BJ

suchacutie
12-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Online I regularly use victoriassecret.com, newport-news.com, venus.com and payless.com

In real life I have always been treated well in Payless (in drab buying heels) and have never been given any hassle buying thigh highs and such in Target. I will say that the SA in a Payless in downtown Atlanta was very helpful...asked if the shoes were for me...and clearly knew that being friendly meant $$$ spent!

tina

Sherry-Stephanie
12-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Ah, thats easy...any place that accepts MC/Visa/AmExp or cash....

Really, any place is a good place since they are in business of selling and we are in the business of buying...now will they all allow you to try on merchandise dressed in male clothing???? Some will, some won't....if your dressed enfemmed??? More often than not they will....

I've gone into Kohl's, Penny's, Ross's and a few others w/o any problems dressed...It's more or elss hit or miss, but I've also found that the more you buy and get aquainted in what fits and doesn't fit the less need there is to try clothes on....you pretty well know what will or won't....

StaceyJane
12-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Dress Barn is my favorite.

Kathi Lake
12-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Paula,

The best places to buy women's clothing are the places you see women buying clothing from. Simple, eh? Here's what I do; find a woman dressed in an outfit that you like. Go up and tell he that her dress/blouse/shoes/whatever is cute and ask where she bought it from. If she has any self-respect as a woman, she will automatically tell you where she bought it from. Don't worry what she may think about you or assume.

Step two is simple - go to that place the lady above mentioned. By the way, the lady at Wal-Mart? She knew the panties were for you. Admit it and gain some respect in her eyes. Take a deep breath, go into the store - drab or not, it really doesn't matter - and, when a SA asks if you need help, tell her about the outfit you saw and let her help you!

Kathi

livinggingerly
12-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Macy's is wonderful. Belk is good too. I have shopped for women's things in both genders in both stores.

livinggingerly
12-28-2009, 05:41 PM
I live in Alabama too. Not too much shopping dressed but have great luck even en drab and sometimes I will even try stuff on at the store.

Sexy_Girl
12-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Here is my favourite:
Wet Seal ( they carry some kinda sexy tops )
Charlottle Russe
Papaya Clothing ( They got the shorts and denmi skirts )

For my radical stuff, such as micro mini skirts and hot pants, I buy them online and even order from Taiwan

paulaluvssz8
12-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Livinggingerly pm me and let's chat. Got to shop sometime...

Karen__Starr
12-28-2009, 06:41 PM
I go food shopping en femme at least once a week. I rarely shop for clothes en femme mainly because there are much better selections on Internet stores. In the past two weeks, I looked around several stores dressed but every single item I wanted was sold out in my size. It was the complete opposite for the online stores, ended up spending 300USD online and got fabulous deals including free shipping on most orders. I do like clothes shopping with one of my woman friends, she loves too shop and I love tagging along with her.

VeronicaMoonlit
12-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Sherry-Stephanie and Kathi Lake are on the money, the correct answer is:

All of them.

Veronica Rogers

sherryleigh
12-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Only got one hard to read comment from one. I was buying some panties, and as she was ringing them up, she said "I don't think these are your color" and sorta smiled at me.

I had almost the same thing happen to me and I replied "I'm only buying what color I was told to buy." I didn't really care but what I buy is and was not any of her busybody's business.

I like to shop, when I have money being unemployed, at kohl's, Macy's, Dillards, Wal-Mart and outlet malls. I just ask for a gift receipt and go my merry way!

SweetCaroline
12-28-2009, 07:42 PM
I shop just about anywhere I please these days. Once you know your sizes, you don't even have to be en femme, tho it's much funner if you are.

I haven't been to a mall yet that didn't want my money.

Billijo49504
12-28-2009, 07:53 PM
I did find that Macy's wouldn't do a bra fitting on me, so I went to Younker's and they were more than happy to size me.
Tonight I went to Norstrom Rack and bought a new pair of winter boots en femme. Then to the new Barnes & Noble book store to look around and last to the Bare Minerals store to get a refill foundation. The last stop was to the food court to get some takeout for the wife and I. She's out making money and I'm out spending it. Works for me....BJ

Susan G
12-28-2009, 09:05 PM
LaneBryant and any store in the Charming Group have Corp orders to be gender blind. So Fashion Bug and Catherines also fall into that too. That's what I was told by a district manager. I've also read that VS figures that 60% of it's business is to men, for men. And I haven't been to a wig shop that I wasn't welcome to try on any wig I wanted to, even in the private area...BJ

I Have been fitted for a Bra at Lane Bryant (it is padded, looks Great!), and bought a Dress at Catherines, and was treated like a Lady should be. It was a awesumb exprience. :daydreaming:

CamilleLeon
12-28-2009, 09:12 PM
I've only shopped at Wal-Mart and had mixed success...their stockings are pretty cheap but I'm a fan of the skirt I got there.

Nicole Bishop
12-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Two great stores on the web www.metrostyle.com and www.chadwicks.com

Ebay is also great for shoes and outfits if you stick with one designer .Example: Escada now I know through trial and error that a 12 skirt fits great and so does a 16 blazer and if you stick to one designer and watch you can really steal stuff Example: Christmas day I bought a 1200 dollar Escada dress in navy with white cuffs collar and hem with a great big white crystal belt for 48 dollars . Shoes are also a steal there just find a brand you like and you will only get it wrong once and then you can be assured what your buying . metrostyle dot com emails every other day or so and you can create wish lists so when something is marked down which they do all the time you can steal them I have bought 3 piece skirtsuits for under 20 dollars delivered you just have to watch

Nicole Erin
12-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Fashion Bug is reasonably priced and seems to have some at least OK selections. It is not like super high class like say Kohl's but it is definately better than walmart.