PDA

View Full Version : This past year

dann
12-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Hello friends. I havn't been very active here in the past several months. Just thought I'd drop in and self indulgently share my events of the past year.

I came out to my (now ex) wife about my crossdressing 5 years ago. Last year she left over it, ending 17 years of marriage. She tried for 2 years to deal with it on a "don't ask don't tell, keep it out of my face" basis. That didn't work for either of us. She always felt there was more to my dressing then there was and I always felt her rejecting this part of me. There were many other complications relating to it as well. Some of which I've spoken about here over the past 4 years or so that I've been a member. Communication was the problem. If you can't talk about something becuase one party is so afraid of it, you'll never work it out. But it really doesn't matter now. That way of life is over. Everything is different now. We're friends.

I met a woman last April. Her name is Dawn. When my marriage failed i vowed to be 100% straight up honest with any future romantic interest before things get to far. No secrets. That's the rule. I told Dawn everything. It drove her crazy.....the good kind of crazy. I had to tell her when I did becuase at that point I had already started developing deep feelings for her. By mid July her and I were walking hand and hand down Halsted St in downtown Chicago during Pride weekend. I was dressed in the clothes she helped me pick out. I was in public, walking with a woman I was falling in love with, who couldn't be more proud to walk down the street with her hand in mine. This scene would play out several more times in the months since. We go shopping together. She picks out stuff she thinks I'd look good in. She treats me like I'm her girl when we're out clubbing. She makes it absolutley clear to creepy trans curious lurkers who approach that I'm HER girl. She snuggles on the couch with me in front of our favorite geeky sci fi flicks, both of us in our comfy girly jammies. She accepts my cding even more than I do sometimes. She's always poised to hit the local Denny's with me dolled up. I'm not there yet. May never be. Walking down the street in gay friendly chicago is one thing. Doing breakfast in the morning light in the burbs is another. But If I wanted to do it she'd be all about it.
And when I'm in man mode, she's there, and just as crazy about me. She makes it known. She's beautiful and has a beautiful soul. There are a million other things that are amazing about her. I love her.

All that being said, i really hope someone out there catches this at just the right time. Just when things are starting to pick up between them and someone they are getting ready to start a life with, yet crossdressing (or something like it) lurkes in the closet. Bring it out, of put it away forever. I will never deny that I have caused pain by hiding this secret as long as I did. Be fair, be responsible and lay it all out on the line.

Thank you for your time. I hope everyone here had a nice christmas.

Miranda09
12-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Hi Dann...happy to hear your life is going well. When one door closes, another eventually opens and your new relationship sounds like a very healthy and open one. The best to you in the New Year...:)

Tiff Rivera
12-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Hi Dann...happy to hear your life is going well. When one door closes, another eventually opens and your new relationship sounds like a very healthy and open one. The best to you in the New Year...:)

I couldn't agree more. Life sometimes has a way to push us in the direction we should have gone. You sound happy.

Warm wishes on a new year! :hugs:

meri
12-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Dann,
All I can say is "wow"!

rachelgirlnw
12-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Thank you, Dann. Your story is inspiring! I wish both of you a wonderful new year!

CamilleLeon
12-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Sounds like you've found someone who really appreciates all of who you are. Congrats

Laura_Stephens
12-29-2009, 08:33 AM
I am very happy that things are working out for you!

celeste26
12-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Another one for honesty to begin with, that's very good. Enjoy your life together.

Theresa1955
12-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks for relating your story to us Dan. I believe every turn we make in life is meant to be and events happen for a reason. I am glad you have found a supportive and accepting relationship.

AmiFL
12-29-2009, 09:32 AM
You are my heroine. It is stories like yours that shed hope to alot of us here. You climbed out of adversity and found your true soul mate..... and she loves sci-fi flicks WOW