PDA

View Full Version : Where to begin ?

Terri Semes
12-29-2009, 07:18 PM
I have tried cding on and off since I was about 12 years old and loved the way it made me feel although haven't tried on any clothes in a while.
I really want to dress but I feel intimidated ,I guess I want to be passable from the start but I know I must start somewhere. Any suggestions are welcome. there are so many beautiful ladies on this forum , surely some of you can share your thoughts on this.

sherri52
12-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi Terri and welcome. First you should dress for yourself, getting the makeup right is the hardest (practice). Once you are comfortable, enjoy

Terri Semes
12-29-2009, 07:33 PM
I have experimented with makeup and I have a lot to learn.

Bridget Fitzgerald
12-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Are you petite, plus size, etc? Do you have feet that fall within typical woman's sizes? Do you need a wig or have hair that will style femme? etc.

Oh, and do you have fat credit cards? LOL

CamilleLeon
12-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Passing is overrated. Do it for fun and for yourself, the rest will follow. Just my :2c:

docrobbysherry
12-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Just post a pic of yourself in the photo section here! Ask for help, criticism, advice, etc., and you'll GET IT!:heehee:

Tiff Rivera
12-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Passing is overrated. Do it for fun and for yourself, the rest will follow. Just my :2c:

I agree completely, so its also my :2c:
I began this way. Just dressing for myself. As you said it feels good and to me it was fun, the rest just followed at its own pace. I didn't try to push it at all.

Alice Torn
12-29-2009, 09:39 PM
I get most of my clthes at thrift stores, both guy, and gal clotes. Also. find occasional shoes, hats, scarfs, hose, wigs, nail polish, makeup! Lots of fun. I wait, until no one is near the ladies clothes, then check quickly! Very quickly. If someone asks, i say its for a costume, or friend! Shoes, i get on the internet, but, did run into some size 15 red 3 1/2" heels, once.

Bridget Fitzgerald
12-29-2009, 09:50 PM
And remember that the word "passing" is evidently viewed as a personal attack on them by every crossdresser online. :dh2:

bridget jones
12-29-2009, 10:07 PM
It really takes a lot of practice,somewhat of a hit and miss.I found that not dressing for long periods of time you lose technique and a sense of fashion(hair,make up,clothing).The best thing to do is manage your time and schedule if this is what you truly enjoy doing.

Terri Semes
12-30-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm average to a little overweight build with long black hair.
Don't have a fat credit card LOL

kymmieLorain
12-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Terri, I would start by seeing what size fits your body. then go shopping either at a store or online. Ebay is where I have picked up most of my stuff. You may want to get feminine clothing that will be nutral and get used to wearing them. I wear ladies jeans and was nervious the first few times, but don't anymore. Even start underdressing then go from there.

Kymmie

msginaadoll
12-30-2009, 07:33 PM
My four cents as said, find yourself a good wig- they dont have to be expensive- 40-60 dollars is ok sometimes even less. Work on your foundation. Learn what colors look good on you- find all the help u can. Get a makeover if can afford it and ask for advice. MAC does makeovers as well as various stores for cds. Realize that u have a certain face structure and you can only work with that. You will always pass as a cd and a human just maybe not as a woman. That doesnt mean people wont treat u with respect and as a female.

Bridget Fitzgerald
12-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Karren Hutten here is a mod on a makeup forum somewhere. That would be good reading.