PDA

View Full Version : Color is so important?

Sally2005
12-30-2009, 03:30 AM
You have to know him...my father in-law, a fun person at times, but too passionate about certain things at other times...

We were boxing day shopping and he decided to buy a new laptop computer. It was a great deal and I was expecting to hear they were all sold out. My father in-law just finished telling me the computer was a late xmas gift for his wife. When the store clerk returned, he asked, do you want it in pink? (and it looked like pink was the only choice)... he answered.."no way!" ...I just about burst out laughing because I could not beleive how strong his reaction was. He got a more 'manly' color in the end, but I was wondering, would he have passed up the great deal if pink -was- the only choice? The positive thing, when he got home his wife (who knows him very well) on hearing the story, said she really wanted the pink one.

...is a crossdressed PC really so bad? hehehe

noeleena
12-30-2009, 04:14 AM
Hi..
That s about right with many men ., oh pink is my colour & has allways been .
Pity he did not just get the pink one .....he d never live it down ...giggle .

On a side note . if you dont mind . how much was / are those computers . as the lowest we have over here is about $700 kiwi , a laptop was it .
...noeleena...

Billie1
12-30-2009, 05:48 AM
If pink were the only choice, and the salesperson asked me that question, my
answer would have been along these lines:
"How much? A good deal? My favourite colour is green. As in money."
:D

Andy66
12-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Thank goodness younger generations aren't worrying so much about gender roles and all that "manly man" business. :heehee:

Rogina B
12-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Many years ago,a construction company owned by a gg friend's husband had a bunch of great Tee shirts printed on high quality material.The manly work force took all quickly EXCEPT for the PINK ones! I didn't work there and they were offered to me...I scooped them and laughed everytime I wore one.All the women loved the pink ones the best. My camera is pink...so a manly man won't steal it!:D

PretzelGirl
12-30-2009, 10:46 AM
But would you go "Pink! I'll take it!" or would you play it up a little and try and get an extra discount? We are suppose to be savvy shoppers, aren't we? :D

Tiff Rivera
12-30-2009, 11:56 AM
A good deal is a good deal.

I got mine in lime green, but it was such a great deal, I didn't care about the color

Sally2005
12-31-2009, 02:36 AM
It was actually a netbook... $250 boxing week sale at Walmart and Bestbuy. Some stores may still have them in stock. Not a bad little machine.

Wen4cd
12-31-2009, 03:17 AM
I've got one of those little Acers, but they didn't have pink when I bought it, only blue. :(

Vicki-Z
12-31-2009, 03:19 AM
He got a more 'manly' color in the end,

:OMG: Doesn't he realize that the first part of the 20th century pink was considered to be a boy's colour while blue was a girl's colour. Now it's the opposite. Pink, blue, pink, blue, pink, blue.....is it any wonder I have a gender identity problem! :D

All I know is I love pink! Now is that my male side or my female side? :daydreaming:

I'm soooo confused. lol :eek:

Vicki :cheer:

Rianna Humble
12-31-2009, 08:19 AM
All I know is I love pink! Now is that my male side or my female side?

Almost definitely!

Karren H
12-31-2009, 08:48 AM
Hell I couldn't even get my daughter to buy a pink netbook.. And I was paying for it! Probably figured if she got the pink one then I'd be using it all the time? :)

MarciManseau
12-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Anyone who looks in my panty drawer has to know I love pink :daydreaming: Same for my bras too, and nighties. My motto is "Think Pink!"

Hugs, Marci :hugs: