PDA

View Full Version : Analysis and an observation

tinachristina
12-30-2009, 07:13 AM
Hi Girls,

I have a wonderful time on this site interacting with ladies from all around the world.

There is a strange thing I noticed , I was looking at this

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/crossdressers.com (http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/crossdressers.com)

an overwhelming majority of users of the site are from US( 69%) but the second highest is from surprise "India" (10%) and not from UK or Canada or any other liberal country.

That makes me feel there is a strong CD community in India which is not able to express themselves because of fear and humiliation probably. I do not even get to see many post from our country ( makes me wonder why??)

I feel that we CDs from India need to be a lot more open and communicative on this forum otherwise we will be in closet forever.

Any ideas as to how can this happen ? Maybe friends from US can suggest something?

Love ,:love:
Tina

Annie D
12-30-2009, 07:55 AM
The U.S. just "out sourced" 10% of our crossdressers to India, I suppose.

tinachristina
12-30-2009, 07:59 AM

None taken :)... outsourcing is an old term now.... Have you heard 'moving up the value chain'.. that is happening now !!!

BLUE ORCHID
12-30-2009, 09:24 AM

L M A O
Orchid

StaceyJane
12-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Hey if you really want to twist your mind around some Crossdressers.com stuff, try this site.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040229035317/www.crossdressers.com/forums/

warning it may load slowly
(after all time travel is involved, check out the dates)

tinachristina
12-30-2009, 10:24 AM
L M A O
Orchid

Someone replaced you back there is it ?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-september-29-2009/deep-space-naan

Would you laugh your *** now?

thanks for being a j***

AlisonRenee
12-30-2009, 10:33 AM
... outsourcing is an old term now.... Have you heard 'moving up the value chain'.. that is happening now !!!

--OMG. More MBA-speak gobbledygook.

See, here in the USA we no longer produce goods or products of any value. We only produce MBAs by the bucketload, whose role in our society is to mis-manage companies and banks into failure... and to create meaningless but repeatable jargon like "moving up the value chain". Let me apologize on behalf of my country for exporting that trash to your country. It should have been dumped at sea.

tinachristina
12-30-2009, 10:38 AM
--OMG. More MBA-speak gobbledygook.

See, here in the USA we no longer produce goods or products of any value. We only produce MBAs by the bucketload, whose role in our society is to mis-manage companies and banks into failure... and to create meaningless but repeatable jargon like "moving up the value chain".

Well maybe you are right .... but it all started with a meaningless post on outsourcing. Ever wondered why India means only outsourcing to ill-informed/ ignorant people in other countries?

AlisonRenee
12-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Well maybe you are right .... but it all started with a meaningless post on outsourcing. Ever wondered why India means only outsourcing to ill-informed/ ignorant people in other countries?

-- not blaming India here, hon. India (and other countries) just met the demand and who could blame them? It's our fault for putting short-term profit ahead of long-term stability and growth. But do understand, there are quite a few people in this country who are out of work and asking why we keep exporting jobs when our own economy is faltering.

tinachristina
12-30-2009, 10:51 AM
-- not blaming India here, hon. India (and other countries) just met the demand and who could blame them? It's our fault for putting short-term profit ahead of long-term stability and growth.

Yes I got that and understood.. nothing against anyone here . Just pricked by a smart alecky comment somewhere up.

Karren H
12-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Some of the best mining engineers I know were from India... And Turky! I assume that the distribution of crossdressers here is totally dependent on a countrys population who have access to the internet... There's probably the same percentage of crossdressers in the Amazon.. Got electricity? Lol.

Annie D
12-30-2009, 02:42 PM
There are about 2500 students at the high school where I teach. About 10% take ESL classes. None of those students are from India. Maybe that's why the jobs went there.......you/they speak our language.

Just an observation..........

tinachristina
12-31-2009, 04:51 AM
There are about 2500 students at the high school where I teach. About 10% take ESL classes. None of those students are from India. Maybe that's why the jobs went there.......you/they speak our language.

Just an observation..........

Yep that too... and when the jobs are in India it is about English while where they come from is 'all brains'! unbelievable!!

Carroll
12-31-2009, 06:26 AM
anyways.....Back to the original subject; That site is rather interesting. It seems that the traffic is higher during the summer month. I would have thought it would be higher during the winter

PretzelGirl
12-31-2009, 10:14 AM
The problem with stat sites like this is they have no idea where the users here are from. They only count traffic which includes alternate things like indexing. Only our friendly admin and mods know the truth of where we are all from.

Karren H
12-31-2009, 11:32 AM
So your really not from Utah, Sue? Lol. I'm thinking more like Toronto? Cause you know way too much about hockey for a Utahawanite! :D

Game room decked out in blue and white? With a memorial to Don Cherry! Celebrate Matts Sundin's birthday? Lol.

PretzelGirl
12-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Nah, I landed here from New England. My high school team won the state championship three out of four years I was there if my memory isn't too bad. I didn't play, but you had to know a little or get beat up at the bus stop. Hold it. I did get beat up at the bus stop. :doh:

But I followed the Bobby Clarke Flyers and not the Bruins. How that happened, I don't know since i follow all the other Boston teams.

---------------

Getting back on topic, I do wonder if our admin has any numbers on where we are really from? I would guess the top four go:

US
Great Britain
Canada
Australia

Bridget Fitzgerald
12-31-2009, 11:52 AM
OMG Tina. I love Indian culture, it's one of the worlds oldest civilizations and the birthplace of Buddha. I'm surprised at your assertion that crossdressers are more closeted in India. But I'm not well versed enough in Hinduism or other prevailing religions in your country to know what they say about crossdressing.

tinachristina
01-01-2010, 05:22 AM
OMG Tina. I love Indian culture, it's one of the worlds oldest civilizations and the birthplace of Buddha. I'm surprised at your assertion that crossdressers are more closeted in India. But I'm not well versed enough in Hinduism or other prevailing religions in your country to know what they say about crossdressing.

Hi Bridget,

Thanks for your opinion.

Your observation is correct. CDs are closeted in India. Infact there is only one of our kind that I have met personally and that too because of this forum and after many many message exchanges. It is a huge taboo as people view anything different as suspicious.

It is sad to think it in this way. Yes this is an old civilization , that suffered in last 1000 years of its history, more viciously under colonial rulers. The mess of article 377 which criminalized homosexuality was almost repealed last year. Can you imagine it was around 86 year old law no one bothered to change. Social taboos are breaking apart. With coming in of more 'western influences' as radical groups call them ( and I totally disagree), society is opening up . I hope things will be better in 30 -40 years later . But then I will be too old by then. Till that, I will too have to stay in and wait for right time .

That is why I wished we could have more participation from India so that everyone can share their experiences. Sad that topic veered to some other stuff.

Anyway, thanks for your comments.

Best regards,:hugs:
Tina