PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve

Ugly Michele
12-30-2009, 03:36 PM
That time of year again Ladies, what is anyone doing to celebrate. Wife and I are going to the fish drop in Port Clinton, Ohio. She has ask me to go dressed so thinking it would be fun, but will be cold out.

sherri52
12-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Take her up on it and go dressed. You'll both be happy. I will gloat as I'll be with friends in "drab". Boy I'm beggining to hate that word.

AlisonRenee
12-30-2009, 03:41 PM
That time of year again Ladies, what is anyone doing to celebrate. Wife and I are going to the fish drop in Port Clinton, Ohio. She has ask me to go dressed so thinking it would be fun, but will be cold out.

What is a fish drop? Will it be raining fish? I may want to see this.

(update)

OK, I googled it.

http://walleyemadness.com/images/sideimage2.jpg

Looks like a great reason to get dolled up. :)

Brandi Wyne
12-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Michele,
I won't get to dress for New Years Eve but I do get to go out with the girls on the weekend.

Good luck and have fun:devil:

SuzanneBender
12-30-2009, 04:03 PM
It has become a holiday tradition. We will hostess three parties at our house. One for the adults one for the teens and one for the little ones. We will eat drink and I will wish I was Mary. No wait that is eat drink and be Merry. About an hour before midnight we go to Aggieville and watch the little apple drop. It's cheesy but it's part of living in Manhattan (Kansas).

kristinacd55
12-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Gosh, wish my wife would suggest that!! We're going to a get together with the neighbors, just a quiet night unlike when we were younger! :drink: :drink: :doh:

Rachel Morley
12-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Our TG support group the River City Gems (http://www.rivercitygems.org/events.html#newyearparty) is having a New Year's Eve Party at a board member's house. At the moment we have 41 confirmed RSVPs. :)

SuzanneBender
12-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Our TG support group the River City Gems (http://www.rivercitygems.org/events.html#newyearparty) is having a New Year's Eve Party at a board member's house. At the moment we have 41 confirmed RSVPs. :)

Thats it I am moving to Sacramento

moses
12-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Well I just bought a tux (35 short jacket, 29 pants, boys size 14 shirt) and Moses will be taking Christin out to one of Playboy magazine's top 5 NYE parties in the country. I hope we can handle it. I can't pass but I know she can. I can't wait to see her. She's out getting her nails done right now. We both have hair appointments for tomorrow. She is so sweet. She got me shoes with 3" lifts built in for Christmas. Pictures to follow!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=378208870528

http://www.euronetinternational.com/NewYearsEveDC/index.html

KristinSkye
12-30-2009, 08:16 PM

Cold or not, I'd take her up on her offer. Most of us will be having the regular (non-dressed :P) old New Years party.

jenna_woods
12-30-2009, 09:10 PM
tell her yes and enjoy the new year

Aubrey Green
12-30-2009, 09:51 PM
You all have some fun traditions. Watch the fish drop, or the apple drop.

I'll be home and at the stroke of midnight, I dive for cover after the volley of gunshots and listen for the bullets to drop.

The joys of a small town full of rednecks and gang bangers.

Jenny Beth
12-30-2009, 09:56 PM

Califorina here I come! Well probably not but have one on me anyway.

:drink:

Joni T
12-31-2009, 12:21 AM
I'll be hanging out with my friends at the local watering hole. I'll be wearing a L-O-W cut white blouse with all the cleavage showing, my black leather mini-skirt and my 5" heeled CFM knee boots. I can hardly wait. My wife's going out of town with her girl friend for 3 days. Joni's gonna' PAR-TEE !!

KellyWannabe
12-31-2009, 12:41 AM
Fish drop???

Ugly Michele
12-31-2009, 06:34 AM
What is a fish drop? Will it be raining fish? I may want to see this.

(update)

OK, I googled it.

http://walleyemadness.com/images/sideimage2.jpg

Looks like a great reason to get dolled up. :)

This is a fish drop a giant fiberglass walleye, good time, people from all over, festival atmosphere, great time to be out. Wind off lake Erie is brutal, but a good time. Oh Port Clinton is the Walleye capital of the world.

Carroll
12-31-2009, 06:40 AM
I will be sitting home, not able to dress. My wife and ex-wife #1 are going out (yep, you read it correctly...ex-wife) so I have the kids.

MiraM
12-31-2009, 06:58 AM
I'll be in bed by 9:30 so I can be at work at 5:00Am on new years day

Karren H
12-31-2009, 10:14 AM
My daughter and her bf are coming over and bring their Wii.... Someone shoot me now! Please!! Lol. But if I can escape... Canada vs the USA in the finals of the Jr A championship!! And the NHL winter classic on New Years day!! YES!! There is a god and she loves hockey!!!

PretzelGirl
12-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Don't they have NHL hockey for the Wii? You can crash your daughter's BF into the boards hard! Show him who is boss.

Karren H
12-31-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah.... NHL 10 for the Wii!! Problem is I'm old school... 2 hands on one stick... Vs two hands pushing 18 buttons and knobs!! Lol Now if they have Kirby Hockey!! I could do that because he's pink! :)

Roxi Loh
12-31-2009, 01:51 PM
My daughter and her bf are coming over and bring their Wii.... Someone shoot me now! Please!! Lol. But if I can escape... Canada vs the USA in the finals of the Jr A championship!! And the NHL winter classic on New Years day!! YES!! There is a god and she loves hockey!!!

I really got a chuckle out of this Karen. My daughter is visiting friends overnight so my wife mentioned the she would paint my toes. We will see what happens.

On another note...I would hate to be all dressed to the nines and get fish all over me. Happy New Year!

eluuzion
12-31-2009, 02:42 PM
ok, I'll "bite" too...

What is a fish drop? I've lived by the ocean, caught sunfish in Midwestern lakes, fly-fished tons of mountain stream trout, "shot" my share of "fish in a barrel", and played "Go Fish"...

but you've got me on that "fish drop"...does everybody with the last name Fish jump off buildings or something?? lol

MoJulie
12-31-2009, 02:44 PM
I am just staying home tonight, the wife is sick.

Andy66
12-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Gotta work tonight. I left the kids with snacks and noisemakers, and I will be lucky to make it home by midnight. :(

I hope everyone has fun, or at least makes the best of things. Best wishes for 2010.

RylieCD
01-01-2010, 09:54 AM
It is not often you see your hometown featured on national telivision and nowon cd.com, what a riot. Port Clinton Ohio is the Walleye Capital of the world so they have decided to celebrate it by droping a LARGE Fiberglass Walleye (Wylie) into a boat or net. It is quite a large production, in years past it has a featured on TV directly beside the NY Ball, :eek: