PDA

View Full Version : Ever been on TV dressed?

SherriePall
12-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Years ago on "The View" I thought I saw a woman who looked like she had a makeover by Jamie Austin. The camera kept showing her as she was sitting in the front or second row. Then it stopped showing her.
Now, my question is: Have any of you been on television as part of the audience (whether seen or not by the cameras)? I know that some have taken part in documentaries (such as our Melanie Rudd) and a few more I can't remember offhand. So, if you have been part of a documentary or television show en femme, post it here, too.

SuzanneBender
12-30-2009, 03:55 PM
I am waiting for them to offer me my own show before I make my debute on TV. :daydreaming:

SweetCaroline
12-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Quite possibly. I know I've been filmed. Last year at the North Hampton Pride parade there was someone with a camera who I later found out was making a documentary about the event. I don't know if it ever came out or was seen on TV, but if it did, I'm sure I was in it somewhere.

I've already been in two Newspapers and a magazine dressed, so TV is no big deal to me.

Brandi Wyne
12-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Does the security camera at the 7-11 count?

joandher
12-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Ive been on CCTV does that count????

:hugs: and a Happy New Year to All

J-JAY

sherri52
12-30-2009, 04:16 PM
I haven't been on TV but the Google earth shot just recently taken has me 3/4 enfemme in front of my store. That pic should be good for four years. The last one was taken in 2004.

Princess Chantal
12-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Yes, I have had the news cameras focused on me for extended periods of time at two events.
The first event was at the Winnipeg Pride parade where the topic theme of that year was about transgender rights. On all 4 local newscasts, the coverage started with the camera focusing on Vanessa and I either while we were carrying the Masquerade group banner or while I was interacting with spectating friends.
The second event was taken during the Transday of Remembrance ceremony. It was another news topic coverage by one newscast. I was not happy with being focused on at this event as the bright lights from the camera blinded me during the reading of the names. In my opinion, the focus should have been on the reading of the names and not on me/those in attendance.

I'll be a part of the Masquerade members participating in a documentary on the local Shaw cable channel sometime in the New Year. We are in the midst of negotiating

Carroll
12-30-2009, 04:42 PM
I haven't been on TV but the Google earth shot just recently taken has me 3/4 enfemme in front of my store. That pic should be good for four years. The last one was taken in 2004.

Oh, do tell where to find:D

Leslie Langford
12-30-2009, 04:50 PM
I am waiting for them to offer me my own show before I make my debute on TV. :daydreaming:

Maybe a remake of "That Girl"? :heehee:

brittdoll
12-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Never been on TV but my picture is in the first edition of GirlTalk Magazine.

Karen__Starr
12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
On the news twice, once for Portland Pride parade and another time for a outragous party that spilled out into the city streets. Either one is really nothing to write home about thou.

SherriePall
12-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Some interesting replies so far. Thanks, girls. Anybody else out there? I see nobody has confessed to being in the audience of "The View."

BarbraAnne
12-30-2009, 07:33 PM
When I was at a CD convention in New York, unknown to me, they were filming the Cinemax documentary, "All Dressed Up and No Place To Go", for showing on Cable TV.
A few years later I obtained a copy and found they had filmed me doing a walk-on. My 15 min. of fame!
TTFN, Barb

lisalove
12-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Way Way too many years ago they were filming a commercial at a thrift store on Fulton Ave. in Sacramentowhile I was there. I had no idea that the camera was on me for a few seconds while they were sweeping the camera around the store. several months later I saw the commercial on tv, and I saw myself. I was in the dress section, near the front of the store, holding a red formal dress up in the air in front of me. Most likely I was looking for defects. I did buy the dress by the way. Too bad it no longer fits.

Leslie Langford
12-31-2009, 12:40 AM
CCTV? :p

No, not Carbon Copy Transvestite :heehee:. It actually stands for "Closed Circuit Television". As in "Big Brother" is watching you.

This is something the Brits are very big on these days, with surveillance video cameras mounted on practically every major building in their cities. Likely started as a 9/11 over-reaction, and gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Smile! You're on Candid Camera!" :doh:

CamillaCD
12-31-2009, 07:07 AM
I haven't been on TV dressed yet, but will be on national TV this spring. A film crew have been following 10 people (TV and TS) since this spring. They have filmed us on events, at home, doing hobbies/sports and for a few also at work. Some of us are showing both modes (I am). It will be a documentary series with 8 to 10 episodes, each about an hour.

Dragster
01-02-2010, 07:32 PM
CCTV?

No, not Carbon Copy Transvestite :heehee:.

I like your sense of humour Leslie!

But come to think of it, didn't we have a thread recently asking which celebrity we would like to be, or emulate?

Tony

Elsa Larson
01-07-2010, 11:54 PM
In 1990, I appeared on the noon show of my local NBC-TV affiliate to do basic gender education and tell about our local support group.

People at my work watched while they ate lunch.

I went shopping for shoes afterward and was recognized by the SA. I later learned that a woman I had known for 30 years recognized me.

My mom told me that the "girl" with me looked great and that I spoke well.

Negative fallout: NONE

noeleena
01-08-2010, 05:34 AM
HI...

June of 07 before i went over to phuket . i was interviewed . for Cambell live . on return to n z . i did the 2 nd part of my interview . which went to air 25 july 07 .
All so i did a interview for Close up T V n z . so both stations aired both interview s on the same night . to all of n z . & they are two of our main t v station s .

At about the same time i was allso interviewed by the oamaru & the Timaru Herald two of our local paper s . & that was put on the net . just google my name .

so yes i think so

..after my time on t v . i had two friends who have known me for over 50 & 37 years rang me up . & say . WOW... as they reconised my name of noel . so that was just so neat .

.& as a comleiment to those who took the time & expence to interview if you like a nobody they did a fantastic job . & thanks to them . people in nz . have been great towords me . & i have been very humbled by the surport that i have recevied .

...noeleena...

ShannonAlexandra
01-08-2010, 11:48 PM
I played Coporal Klinger in my high school's production of M*A*S*H years ago, if that counts.