PDA

View Full Version : worried about getting caught

Vera
08-02-2005, 01:38 PM
hi ... anyone ever worry about shaving places men dont shave... say for example if you have to go to the hospital and your legs are shaved and they see this .. the embarrsment for you and your family.. iwant to shave but for this reason i hesitate... just a scaredy cat i guess..

Emily Ann Brown
08-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Vem dear.......I bet we all have worried about shaving and getting caught at some point in our dressing journey. For me, I one day reasoned it out...what if I am fully dressed in women's clothes and makeup AND I have a heart attack ???? No time to change, just drop dead. Hummmmmmm...that wasn't stopping me from doing what made me happy. Shaving and getting caught started looking very small problemwise.

My guess is doctors and nurses may have a good laugh at your expense behind your back, but they are professionals, and are just as worried about getting caught being unprofessional and being sued as you are about having to explain why your buddies shaved you for a practical joke the other night when you got drunk and passed out.

Emily Ann

MichelleGray502
08-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Hello Vem , there was one time 'bout 10 year or so ago,i worked this one 'bloc in 'th kitchen when i was cooking for a living and use to say why do you all of a sudden started shaving your chest and legs. working in a kitchen you had to change into your uniform and vice versa into your street clothes after your shift was finish all i told him was that i did it for a change and somthing to do. believe or not he accepted 'th answer and never once after that did he ever ask again 'bout it.and no one else have ever said anything 'bout it.

Gemma
08-02-2005, 02:00 PM
I worry about this at work Vem, I shave all over and have to change in front of work mates, Iv'e sort of timed it, but sometimes a mate will just stand and talk and talk and talk and there's me wanting to change out of my overalls, my Sam has told me to tell them she doesn't like hairy men if ever I'm seen, as for hospitals they will be more discreet, it really isn't any of their buisness and I don't believe they are really that bothered, I'm sorta out to my family, so if they did see me shaved, say in hospital, they would probably know why, I say go for it otherwise you will regret you didn't do anything and the first time in a fantastic feeling, but it is your choice, hope this has helped x x

Jamie M
08-02-2005, 02:04 PM
If this is your only concern I would have to say in the nicest possible way to just get over it and go for it ;)

Seriously though , there are all sorts of men shaving every conceviable part of their body for all sorts of reasons these days that the vast majority of people won't even think twice about it.

It's only for kelly's sake that I don't shave during the summer , but once we're back from holiday it's time to hack away the undergrowth once again :D

Angela Burke
08-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Vem,
My only concern is getting run over by a bus, being taken to hospital and not having clean panties!

Yes!
I said it and I am not ashamed!

panties! panties! panties!

Love Angela XX
ps I wouldn't worry about the hospital thing,
nurses have seen the lot!

Jamie M
08-02-2005, 02:31 PM
I defy anyone to not mess their panties if the see a bus about to knock them over. If it was me , the wheels wouldn't be the only thing making skid marks :eek: ;)

Angela Burke
08-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Julia
Great stuff!
Do you say "Ohh Arr?"

Love Angela XX

jenniferluv
08-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Vem hun, there is this HUGE billboard over a major highway here in knoxville that shows a man, his back to you and it reads "still shaving?" call *** *** **** for laser hair removal........many men shave their legs and other parts....swimmers, runners, atheletes of all types.....now, if i could just get my wife to let me shave my legs....oh, well, heaven must wait!!!

Crunchie
08-02-2005, 03:06 PM
it wouldnt be good for me to go to hosptial in a hurry not only are my legs shaved my toe nails are painted as well :) how would i get out of that one :D

Mx Justina
08-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Really really really really overwhelm (the medical examiner)...with subterfuge!... Infer...that you are METROSEXUAL!!!

J.

Natalie x
08-02-2005, 03:22 PM
I can understand that some workplace situations are intimidating if you are different from the others, so having some good excuses ready seems like a good idea: "I do sports", "I have an allergy", "My wife prefers it", etc. I also like the idea of "Do you mean, you PREFER to look like a gorilla?" :eek:

Staff in hospitals will not give one moments thought to your shaved limbs, if you are taken in for any reason. They are too busy saving lives to be interested in things like that. Incidentally, I am shaved all over AND have painted nails on hands and feet, AND both ears pierced AND sometimes have makeup on too. My credibility would be severely reduced if I fell under a bus, but I think I would be more concerned about the skidmarks, outside my pants and inside, so elegantly refered to by Julia. :p

Maid Barbara
08-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Hi Vem,
I was stung by a wasp six times on one foot and it nearly turned the size of a football. I went to the doctors, he wanted to see if the swelling had spread so I had to take my trousers off. There I was, shaved legs, and worst of all I couldn't get all the varnish off my toe nails! (Bearing in mind I was a hairy arsed truck driver at the time). He took one look, looked me eye in the with a very supprised expression and carried on without saying a word.
So don't worry, all professionals have seen it before, and best of all, they shouldn't say anything.
Hugs Maid Barbara X

http://uk.geocities.com/peter2barbara/index.html

CharleneCD
08-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Vem, trust me, as a hospital worker I can tell you that you being shaved will be no big deal to most ER people. For the backroom jokes and snickers you will have to at least have to have some large foriegn object removed from where it doesnt belong.

Natalie x
08-02-2005, 05:10 PM
you will have to at least have to have some large foriegn object removed from where it doesnt belong.

Funny you should mention that ..... :o

pnbman
08-02-2005, 05:11 PM
hi ... anyone ever worry about shaving places men dont shave... say for example if you have to go to the hospital and your legs are shaved and they see this .. the embarrsment for you and your family.. iwant to shave but for this reason i hesitate... just a scaredy cat i guess..
vem,
Just shave your legs and don't worry about it. It worried until I did it. I gone out with my wife totally shaved. No one says anything. And what if they do? Tell them it's for medical reasons. Better still, tell them nothing. Professional athletes shave their legs. No one hassles them.
Now stockings ar another thing. That would be embarrassing. But rremember. It's a medical thing. Just enjoy and don't worry about it.
Question? Are you married? If so, does your wife participate buying you things to wear. Once mine started buying me gowns to sleep in, WOW! You want to get turned on. Go shopping to have your wife buy you stockings, gowns, etc. What a trip!
pnbman

Tristen Cox
08-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Funny you should mention that ..... :o
Uh oh :eek: time to move this to the adult section:D

Wendy me
08-02-2005, 05:14 PM
don't worry abought the hosipital thay won't say a word and as far anyone else ....well just ask me i thought i was busted big time just a little while ago shsved bare leggs and a short skirt two feet away ...he never noticed....see this .................
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12182

mmandy31
08-02-2005, 06:15 PM
don't worry just shave and be happy because alot of people shave
take alook at swimmers wrestlers most of them shave

Melissa A.
08-02-2005, 07:44 PM
It's been over three months since the warm weather came and I started wearing shorts everyday, and since I decided I was gonna keep shaving, no matter what, Vem. No one has said a word about my shaved arms and legs. Not family, friends, aquaintences, strangers, no one. I also had to get a complete body check up through work last winter. I did remove my toenail polish for the occasion, but the doctor just did her job, like my hairless body was nothing special. I wouldn't worry about health care proffessionals, or anyone else.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Olivia
08-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Vem, if I can run around here in smalltown-Texas with no problems with my shaved legs, I'd say one can do it anywhere! I think everybody's really nailed it here; it's just that no one really notices or cares anymore. And as for those small-minded yokels who might comment; do you give a damn what their peabrains think? Thought so! Go for it girl, Olivia.

Maude
08-02-2005, 08:34 PM

tristen won't come visit so i have make the best i can for the locals !
if you have seen her legs it is an impossible job but i toll day after day !!!

maude

jolien
08-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Vem,
I too am worried about shaving my legs, but I probably will once the weather turns cold. What I have discovered though is if you take a ladies trimmer, you can just trim the hair on your legs. I have mine trimmed to a 2 on the shaver I have. I makes it look a lot less thick and will probably help when wearing hose. Just thought maybe that would help.

chloe
08-03-2005, 05:45 AM
I always have this excuse ready. Mainly for friends and co workers. Me and my girlfriend were talking about her shaving her legs, as they were getting a bit stubbly. She said how teadious shaving can be. I laughed at her and said its nothing shurly. She promptly bets me to shave my legs, which I do.I'll probebly then banter on about who hard it is to do. I havent had to use the excuse yet, but im shure i would work.

nikky
08-03-2005, 12:16 PM
i just bought "nair for men" yesterday...mainly for my shoulders and back and truly for male mode cuz i hate body hair. on the package it suggests that the product works well on back, chest, arms, and legs. if a company advertises a product for the removal of hair on a man's legs then i am certain a lot more people do it than we think.

and i have actually shaved my legs before and went golfing with shorts on and no one said a word. my buddy looked oddly at them but im sure he thought nothing of it as we both work out a lot together and both shave different parts of our bodies.

i have also had a doctors visit with nail polish and toe rings and whatever else. i spained an ankle playin basketball and the nurse looked amused. i joked and said it was from halloween which coincidentally was the wknd before.

and i think my sister has seen my shaved legs and toenails but has never confronted me about it. i was sick once and passed out in the bathroom with just my shorts on and she helped my up and onto the sofa. i dont really care what she thinks but oh well...my advice....GO FOR IT

Priscilla1018
08-03-2005, 12:32 PM
I have reached the point where I really don't give a :censor: what others think of my shaved arms,legs and underarms.I am a body builder and am letting my hair grow out I also wear French perfume every day;I am treated the same as I have always been.

Krystal Lee
08-03-2005, 12:40 PM
it wouldnt be good for me to go to hosptial in a hurry not only are my legs shaved my toe nails are painted as well :) how would i get out of that one :D
In April I was having a heart attack and went home and showered and shaved and put on fresh panties before driving myself to the hospital.
Mother would have been proud. :D

As it worked out I was glad I had shaved down there because the nurse was going to shave my groin for the angioplasty(sp?) and I just told her she would not have to bother. Not a word was said to me about it.

After the procedure the nurse in cardio wanted to look at my feet with my socks off and I told her it might be embarrassing because my toe nails were painted.
She just said no big deal and checked for swelling and left. A few minutes later she came back and said other people will need to see your feet would you like me to remove the polish? I told her yes and she sat at the foot of the bed and removed the polish. When she was done I thanked her and she said you are welcome but it's no big deal we (meaning medical workers) have seen it all.

I had packed a bag for the hospital and wore my panties the whole time there. Am not sure how many nurses looked at my groin and of course I had to pull my panties down for each inspection. I never worryed about my panties but the toe nails being painted was different for some reason.

Anyway trust me no one cared about any of it.
Hugs Krystal.

Natalie x
08-03-2005, 12:44 PM
I have reached the point where I really don't give a :censor: what others think of my shaved arms,legs and underarms.I am a body builder and am letting my hair grow out I also wear French perfume every day;I am treated the same as I have always been.

Hey, Priscilla, you wouldn't catch me arguing either, especially with that hardware! :p

Love and hugs, Natalie

Kaye_martin
08-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Look, just do it, nobody will give a beep. I started shaving legs about 5 years ago and arms a little later. My doctor has never passed any remark during my annual check up, I've had surgery and no one batted an eyelid. This last winter I did physiotherapy 3 times a week for 3 months to fix a muscle, this involved wearing shorts and tee shirt, so the whole sports med center saw my shaved legs and arms. Again no one passed any comment. Honestly I dont think anyone even thinks about it, and if they do, so what the heck. The gorilla thing is so out of fashion these days :) Just my 02.

kaye_martin

Kris_newCD
08-03-2005, 02:33 PM
I am a paramedic and honestly, if ya need medical care, noone gives a crap at the time if your shaved or not. We are usually too busy to notice. Now painted toenails aor piercings can raise an eyebrow or two, and if god forbid we have to remove your clothes, it will be noticed and probably commented on later out of earshot, but that is human nature. Me, I don't shave at this time because I would rather just have the laser removal done on my legs. I have two bare spots on my legs (calves) where hair has never really grown, I think it is rubbed bare by my boots all the time, and it is on the outer calf as well. I do shave other areas and/or keep it trimmed down alot. So go for it! besides, if you need medical attention, why are you worried about your appareance, be more concerned with your health.

psdibe
08-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I shave in the fall and winter but come spring I let the hair on my legs grow back. My droctor knows that I dress my wife is more and moe excepting and my dad who lives with us also knows, both kidsdont. I guess you take your chances. I enjoy my legs shavedi fell that is the way I show look and feel. you get used to it and after a while it is natural. That is when it becomes the best!

gender_blender
08-03-2005, 09:06 PM
Stop worrying and just do whatever you want to do to your appearance. The sooner you do that, the sooner you are free to live an authentic life.

I usually want people to notice my cross gender expressive lifestyle.

Charlie

Rainbow6562005
08-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Ah, bless Halloween! Like make-up. it hides all kinds of things. :)
Rainbow

Lauren_T
08-04-2005, 01:01 AM
Some of us (I'm one) don't have all that much hair, and I'm here to tell you that hair or no hair, the public doesn't notice and doesn't care - the next person to see you doesn't know you used to have hairy legs - only you do! To passersby you're just another guy who isn't hairy... The people who know you and are used to your appearance are the only ones you need worry about.

And for me at least, no one has said a word, not so much as a funny look. :cool: And considering that I'm always in shorts (sssh! ((girl's shorts))). "Hey, you don' got no hair on you legs! You ah, do you, like, ah, shave - you know, like, your legs? or somethin'?" I don't foresee anybody asking that anytime soon! :rolleyes:

Stop worrying and just do whatever you want to do to your appearance. The sooner you do that, the sooner you are free to live an authentic life.

I usually want people to notice my cross gender expressive lifestyle.

Charlie

And so they do. :thumbsup: It's righteous that someone like you is, by your voluntary visibility, an ambassador/ambassatrix(?) for all CD/TS/TGs. You cannot fail to leave a positive impression. The proper channeling of the power inherent in gender flexibility magnifies that power and it sorta rubs off on most all gender-variant types, a kind of halo effect, I guess.
Or maybe not, as the case may be. :confused:

Charlie, perhaps you should be thankful you were born into this, the first real time in history one can be aware of one's gender identity as well as the ability and freedom to modify it to fit one's personality, instead of the traditional forcing of one's personality into a off-the-rack, one-size-fits-all sex role. And to have the option while you're still young! Wow.

Rachel_740
08-04-2005, 12:12 PM

I was always more worried about having a car accident and the medical services find me wearing knickers :eek: . Don't have that problem any more though :D

Anne