PDA

View Full Version : Think I embarrassed one of us at the airport...

Samantha Girl
12-31-2009, 06:41 PM
So me and my fiance moved about 5 months ago from the East coast to the West as some of you may know. Thanks to the generosity of my Mom we were able to fly back to Jersey for Christmas. It was great, missed my friends and family ya know.

Anyways, we had to take a stupid connecting flight from PDX to Seattle, poo! So we're at SEA-TAC waiting for our flight to Newark, sitting on a bench in a hallway and I see one of us. Now she wasn't obvious or anything, very conservatively dressed, etc. Thing is I have an eye for this, had it before I truly became a regular cross dresser. She did not stand out, her outfit was lovely from what I could see, although she had a big long coat on making it hard to tell.

I mentioned her to my girl and we both kinda glanced as she was approaching. I must've really blew my subtle glance because as she was passing she glanced over at us, not exactly smiling either. My girl smiled and I kind of froze. I immediately felt mortified because obviously she had noticed my not so subtle glance and I barely managed a smile. I felt soooo bad about it :(

I can't imagine flying and traveling and based on some stories here, dealing with the TSA en femme. I am honestly humbled by girls who do this and deal with all the crap, I know I can barely deal with flying as a guy! :p

Sooo... if this was you and you passed a cute chubby girl with a short bob with glasses and a guy with long hair in a pony tail in need of a shave and inexplicably wearing shorts at SEA-TAC... If this was you I probably made you feel weird or at the least that you were not passable, I am forever sorry madame. You were very passable and I made a simple situation worse with my own awkwardness.

I'm sorry! :o

Samantha crawls back into her hole of shame...

Nicole Erin
12-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Yeah sometimes when I notice people stare or look at me, I kind of think "maybe this person is TG as well".
I mean ya never know

Samantha Girl
12-31-2009, 06:49 PM
I should just wear my rubber band on my wrist all the time! Perhaps that will cancel out my awkwardness! :p

joyce483
12-31-2009, 07:48 PM
if you had a long wait for your flight, you could have gone over to her and started a conversation?

nikkijo
12-31-2009, 08:21 PM
So me and my fiance moved about 5 months ago from the East coast to the West as some of you may know. Thanks to the generosity of my Mom we were able to fly back to Jersey for Christmas. It was great, missed my friends and family ya know.

Anyways, we had to take a stupid connecting flight from PDX to Seattle, poo! So we're at SEA-TAC waiting for our flight to Newark, sitting on a bench in a hallway and I see one of us. Now she wasn't obvious or anything, very conservatively dressed, etc. Thing is I have an eye for this, had it before I truly became a regular cross dresser. She did not stand out, her outfit was lovely from what I could see, although she had a big long coat on making it hard to tell.

I mentioned her to my girl and we both kinda glanced as she was approaching. I must've really blew my subtle glance because as she was passing she glanced over at us, not exactly smiling either. My girl smiled and I kind of froze. I immediately felt mortified because obviously she had noticed my not so subtle glance and I barely managed a smile. I felt soooo bad about it :(

I can't imagine flying and traveling and based on some stories here, dealing with the TSA en femme. I am honestly humbled by girls who do this and deal with all the crap, I know I can barely deal with flying as a guy! :p

Sooo... if this was you and you passed a cute chubby girl with a short bob with glasses and a guy with long hair in a pony tail in need of a shave and inexplicably wearing shorts at SEA-TAC... If this was you I probably made you feel weird or at the least that you were not passable, I am forever sorry madame. You were very passable and I made a simple situation worse with my own awkwardness.

I'm sorry! :o

Samantha crawls back into her hole of shame...

ok so now for the obvious question... if you had connectors in seatac, why didnt you just drive the 2 hrs up to seatac... cheeper and far less of a hassle...

as for flying out of pdx, when was your flight.. may have passed you in pdx on our way back from vegas..

jenna_woods
12-31-2009, 09:06 PM
why didn't you go over to her and say hi,its not nice to stare,

Samantha Girl
12-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Jenna... OK, first off I DIDN'T stare! I wouldn't stare at anyone, thanks. Like I don't feel bad enough...

Secondly she was sort of rushing along in the opposite direction. Our plane was departing in a matter of minutes, I could not follow her :(

Just the way it was Nikkijo, didn't want the connecting flight, only thing we could find. Trust me, I'd rather have driven all the way to Jersey if I could ;)

EDIT: Nikki, it was around 10:30-11:00 am on xmas eve

Christina Horton
12-31-2009, 09:42 PM
Don't feel bad hun. Think about it....If she is at the airport flying out, she is not shy so she WILL expect people to look and read her. Plus when you think of it how often do we see a sister in out daily lives, I don't know about the rest of the you but I have not SEEN one other then the meet up I have been to , and I look too. When I am out I expect to have people SEE or read me and it is part and parcel to going out. So don't feel bad , sure it's not nice to stare but as you said you weren't. Plus when your out you think everybody is reading you, I know I do.

Samantha Girl
01-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks Christina! :) You are sweet and wise ;)

Christina Horton
01-01-2010, 02:36 AM
Thanks Christina! :) You are sweet and wise ;)

Ya I know LOL. Thanks hun. Right back at ya.:D

Joni Marie Cruz
01-01-2010, 07:25 AM
Hi Samantha-

When I'm out and about, no matter where it is, I expect to be ignored which is what happens most of the time, occasionally glanced at and ignored, and read sometimes along with the occasional total bugeyed jawdrop. I seriously doubt that you offended her or hurt her feelings. To be honest, I often play the "TGirl or GGirl?" game in places like malls and airports and so on and am probably guilty of perhaps looking a little too closely at someone, but really, what's the harm? Most of the time, whether she's a tgirl or a ggirl, I'm probably wondering where she got those shoes.

You sound very sweet and sensitive, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Hugs...Joni Mari

Kristen Marie
01-01-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm trying to reflect back on comments from public places. I would say I get 4 times as many positive...you look great...or that outfit is wonderful...from females than guys. So having your girlfriend smile and you just feeling awkward with a mini-stare would be more of the norm from my experience.

Maybe try and think of a phrase you would like to hear from an unshaven guy in the airport and remember it for next time.

julie w
01-01-2010, 01:37 PM
I have seen tg people at airports ,and yes they get looked at then again
so does everybody else I mean what else is there to do while you are
waiting for your flight than people watch it ,does'nt mean people read
them ,we will as we are always looking at women what they are dressed
in or how manly they look ,at least I do

msginaadoll
01-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Well Samantha, I think you need to be kicked out of the CD club. Please turn your bra and panties at the door. Didnt your mother tell you it wasnt polite to stare, unless they are wearing a fabulous pair of shoes or boots.

Samantha Girl
01-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks Joni! Thanks girls! :) I just felt so dumb about it :o

msginaadoll... lol :p * Mockingly hands in her vast array of fishnets and lacey undergarments *

aggi123
01-01-2010, 05:06 PM
how could you???? Honestly, i'm sure I've been caught staring. I've seen quite a few of us and had to get closer to get a better look. I should start smiling at giving them a nod or something.

Samantha Girl
01-01-2010, 06:19 PM
He he he, I guess it's happened to most of us aggi :) You'd think we'd be more prepared, silly girls! :heehee:

BTW weird coincidence aggi, I'm watching the movie your signature's from right now! Oooooh wEIRd! Who ya gonna call? :p

aggi123
01-01-2010, 06:21 PM
He he he, I guess it's happened to most of us aggi :) You'd think we'd be more prepared, silly girls! :heehee:

BTW weird coincidence aggi, I'm watching the movie your signature's from right now! Oooooh wEIRd! Who ya gonna call? :p

LOL I LOVE THAT MOVIE! I might watch it tonight or tomorrow. I think I may be the only person on the planet that likes number two better than the first. Buuuuut, I love both of them incredibly too much.

Samantha Girl
01-01-2010, 06:29 PM
I love them both too! :D #2 always gets a bad rap for some reason.

"Carpathian kitten loss, he misses his kitten!" :heehee:

NV Susan
01-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Well Samantha, why in the world were you wearing those shorts on Christmas Eve, it was freezing outside!!!
:winkp:

Samantha Girl
01-01-2010, 07:22 PM
No pants for me Susan... EVER! As a guy or en femme, hot or cold, no pants! ;)

marny
01-02-2010, 03:57 AM
Im love when i get 'THE LOOK' :tongueout

Samantha Girl
01-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks again ladies, most of you have made me feel a lot better about this ;)

LOL Marny! :p

MsJanessa
01-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi Samantha-

When I'm out and about, no matter where it is, I expect to be ignored which is what happens most of the time, occasionally glanced at and ignored, and read sometimes along with the occasional total bugeyed jawdrop. I seriously doubt that you offended her or hurt her feelings. To be honest, I often play the "TGirl or GGirl?" game in places like malls and airports and so on and am probably guilty of perhaps looking a little too closely at someone, but really, what's the harm? Most of the time, whether she's a tgirl or a ggirl, I'm probably wondering where she got those shoes.

You sound very sweet and sensitive, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Hugs...Joni Mari

ditto--what Joni says---wouldn't worry about it too much---most of us who go out in public are occasionally read---goes with the territory and as long as the reader remains respectful--or maybe even friendly--its ok