PDA

View Full Version : It's so great to be back :)

Lucy.T
08-04-2004, 03:56 AM
Hi Girls!

It feels wonderful to be back here again with all you lovely girls, I have spent the last week or so trying to catch up on all the posts. Haven't you all been busy :)
Many of you already know I was quite active in the forum a while back and may have wondered what happened when my posts and pictures just vanished all of a sudden! I do apologise for that and beg your humble forgiveness!
I feel a bit awkward about just jumping in and posting again without an introduction, as it looks like a newcomer. So I will try to explain who I am (and was) as many of you won't know me and I'll let you know what has changed since I've been away.
Those of you who already know the past, can skip to the present!

The Past:

My dressing up started at the age of 10 with my sisters skirts and mums dresses and like many I felt there was something quite wrong with me. I felt ashamed of what I was doing, I had no-one to talk to and thought I was the only person who did such things. This was the mid 80's, there was no internet (websites anyway) and no way to find out information without giving myself away, which was a horrendous thought.
Within a few years I had my own collection of skirts, tops and leotards which became harder to hide from my folks. In fact I'm sure my mum must have found them at some point as she often cleaned my bedroom, but she never said anything.
I was confined to the closet until the age of 25, when I met my first true love. I'd had a couple of flings before never anything serious. A few days after meeting my new love, she and her friend thought it would be funny to dress me up as a girl and put make-up on me. Little did she realise how much I enjoyed it!
After several months we got engaged and I decided that if I was going to spend my life with her she should know everything about me. So I showed her a skirt I had. At first she thought this was a present for her, but then I explained I like wearing it. She was obviously shocked and stated she felt betrayed, but after talking for a while she came to understand my feelings.
She then mentioned the time she dressed me up, we laughed and it all just clicked into place.
Over the years we enjoyed dressing together and eventually started going for walks/drives late at night, and then to all night garages. Never into the main public though.
All this came to an end recently, I won't go into details here but I will tell you it doesnt have anything to do with dressing and we are still good friends. I still love her very much and believe she feels the same. It was an amicable seperation, mutually agreed to be best for us both, at least for the time being. But this is the reason I suddenly disappeared from the forum along with all my posts and also why there isn't much in my new profile yet. I think you can all understand why.

The Present:

I now have a little place to myself and have found I am now dressing constantly while at home. I feel free to explorer my inner true self without the worry of what people around me may think. While I previously didnt consider myself to be a heavy dresser, I now understand my fem side is more overwhelming than my male side. I have been out dressed more times in the past month than I did in the previous 5 years. So far this is still at night to a few shops but now I'm yearning to actually get out in public and just be myself.
I feel very lucky to have some great friends here who I can talk to and openly share my views and experiences with, without fear of being judged. This forum is a godsend for us all, without it I feel I would be pushed back into the closet never to open the door again.
At this point I would like to give my huge appreciation to all of you who have shown your support. I look forward to all the messages I recieve and although I don't always get time to respond (my apologies again), they are very warmly recieved :D

The Future:

Mmm, the future. What does it hold, where will we go and what will happen?
For one thing I hope to get out in public more. 'He' has plans to visit some alternative/gay bars in the hope of bumping into some cd's and making new friends for 'me' to go out with. Although I am heterosexual, I am not bothered if my new friends are or not. I just cannot be confined to being at home or going for a drive alone anymore. I feel I am missing out on the wonders of living a free life the way I want to, but too afraid to go it alone.
I have also seriously considered the idea of telling my younger sister about my lifestyle. This is only something I've thought about since my chats with a wonderful girl on ICQ. Yeah, you know who you 'R' xXx :D
Well, whatever the future holds, I plan to be here for a long time and to share it all with you.

God bless and take care,

Luv u all,

Lucy xXx

Aka ~Tammy~ !

P.S. For all those asking, I promise I will get some new pics up as soon as I get a new camera :p

Scaredsis
08-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi Lucy,

That was quite a profile, I am new to this site and love it. I was married but now I live in my own little apartment as well. Hope to see you back posting again.

Hugs,
Betty

Julie
08-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Hi Lucy!

And welcome back, we missed you!

I'm short on time now but I'd like to add a bit of a suggestion regarding having "him" meet new friends for Lucy at a gay bar vs. letting Lucy do it by herself. Think of a guy walking into a gay bar, or any bar for that matter. What has been your expereince as to what happens? Not much. Guys in bars are a dime a dozen. Now picture Lucy walking in all dolled up. What happens? Well after all the heads are turned and the local chiropractor fixes the twisted necks, you will find you will be greeted warmly. I have never had any less of an expereince. I walk up to the bar, order a drink and let the rest happen. And it always does. Girls and guys both will want to meet you. You are a rarity but not anything that hasn't strolled into that bar before. It's just nicer to see a pretty lady than a GUY! Right?

So give this some consideration. I was reluctant at first until I found out how great the people are. You have to remember they are not the prejudiced, narrow-minded mainstream people you see every day. They have been through a lot too and they know how to treat people like human beings. See you there!

Take care,
Julie

Stelli
08-04-2004, 11:01 PM
I am missing Tammy posts ....

Lucy killed ~Tammy~ hope for a good cause. But why you did not leave ~Tammy~ exist in the past....?

Lucy.T
08-05-2004, 01:21 AM
Hey all,

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Julie, Having not been out in public anywhere, at least where there is alot of people, I really think I should check out a place before I let myself loose on the world in full ensemble. Even if I just go in, walk round then leave. I'm no where near confident enough to just get dolled up and stroll into a place where I have no idea what is inside.
I trust and value your opinions and agree with you that most of the people inside have probably been through the same thing at some stage and would most likely be very accomodating, I think I just need to see it first. I'm not even sure what kind of thing I would wear, though obviously I presume an alternative place would be pretty much open to anything!
I'm going to start looking round for some places, see if I can get unformation on upcoming events, try to find out as much as possible first and hopefully speak to someone who runs or goes to the events. Who knows, if I feel happy enough, I might just jump in at the deep end anyway! Thanks :)

Stelli, there has been much deliberating over this, believe me!
It's hard to explain but I felt like I need a clean break. A few girls here understand why I changed my name, but to be honest I do miss Tammy myself. She is the one who found so many friends here, and I feel like I owe here alot.
Maybe we should have a vote. Who wants Tammy back?
Hehe!

Luv
Lucy (hmmm?)

eleventhdr
08-05-2004, 02:42 AM
Welcome back!.

~Tammy~
08-08-2004, 01:54 AM
Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3, 4, hello?

Yay!

Had to change my email address a couple of times and then got reactivated :)

Goodbye Lucy, thanks for helping me out there.

~Tammy~ :D

(Don't ask!)

Julie
08-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3, 4, hello?

Yay!

Had to change my email address a couple of times and then got reactivated :)

Goodbye Lucy, thanks for helping me out there.

~Tammy~ :D

(Don't ask!)
Good, it worked. Now I won't think I am talking to someone with a split personality :eek: