PDA

View Full Version : Dancing

christine55
01-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Next time you're listening to your fav tunes try dancing to them. Move smoothly and gracefully. Move like a girl, not jerkily like a guy. It will help lots with your walk, movements and posture. Women glide when they move, men stride.
Hugs, Christine

Leslie Mary S
01-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I like your advice.

Now if I could just get this 'hunk o chunk of lard' body to glide a little.

KristinSkye
01-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Next time you're listening to your fav tunes try dancing to them. Move smoothly and gracefully. Move like a girl, not jerkily like a guy. It will help lots with your walk, movements and posture. Women glide when they move, men stride.
Hugs, Christine

Good advice, although I can't even dance jerkily and lousy like a guy.

lissetta
01-01-2010, 08:47 PM
talk about getting outed that happens the min i hit the floor cant help but "glide" well thats one thing i do right .Now makeup and getting that right look that will need some practice!

sherri52
01-01-2010, 08:52 PM
That's good advice. I went through the grocery store today like a bat out of ****. I was mostly drab but my hair was down and quite thick, spreading out to my shoulders.

SusanMarie
01-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did.....

backwards and in heels.

Now that 's a woman.!

Persephone
01-03-2010, 02:43 AM
Hugs, Christine

Wow, Christine55! Your post hit the mark with me! Just today I was thinking of asking a question of the girls here that dance, and that was, "Is it really possible for a guy to learn to dance like a girl?"

When I look at dancers, even professional dancers, I still see differences between the ways women move and the ways guys move. The guys always seem blockier, less smooth, than the women.

Maybe the only exception was Nuriyev.

So, can a guy really learn to move as smoothly as a woman?

Kate Simmons
01-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Actually most of my dance moves are based on exercises with my katana. It helps removing heads when you have style and grace.;):)

SweetCaroline
01-03-2010, 09:09 AM
I dance all the time out in high heels, to the point where I'm used to it. In fact, I don't even remember how to dance like a man anymore. Basically, it's like dancing on your tip toes. Once you learn to do that, it puts a natural spring in your step, and the moves become more fluid.

Try wearing a corset while dancing as well. Now there's a skill. :D

Jilmac
01-03-2010, 09:13 AM
I never really got into the graceful ballroom dancing that were prevalent in many of the Rogers/Astair movies, I'm more of a Rock'n roll, swivel your hips type of dancer. But even with that type of dancing the girl's movements were much more graceful than the guy's. I developed a freestyle which emulates the feminine movements of that era of dance and even at the age I am now I can keep up with most dance partners. As far as contributing to my feminine walk and stance, my dance style has been a major factor.

Leslie Mary S
01-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Wow, Christine55! ---snip---

When I look at dancers, even professional dancers, I still see differences between the ways women move and the ways guys move. The guys always seem blockier, less smooth, than the women.
---snip---

Maybe the male dancer could have danced with the fluidity of a woman but the directors wanted an obvious male/female comparison.

Also we as males were taught to move with 'strength; over 'grace'. Now we are trying to become graceful over strength. It is hard to change what you learned and are expected to do to what you want to do, but I keep trying.

Maybe it is little things like the length of your step and how you move your arms, etc.
Let's explore these fine points.

I have always danced on my toes and rarely let my heels touch the ground, even when Square Dancing as a Man. I was once accused of dancing like a lady (he he he) if they only knew. ;)
All the ladies liked my smoothness of my dancing.

docrobbysherry
01-04-2010, 01:11 PM
If ONLY I had roller bearings in my hips, like females do!:straightface: