PDA

View Full Version : Sound off.....I want to know how many of you girls have NOT been out dressed.

Christina Horton
01-01-2010, 06:05 PM
ME OUT.:):D

Ok I what to know who has not been out , and maybe all the girls that have been out can give advice right in the thread to help and give you the confidence and the want to (push) your comfort zone. :eek::eek:

If it was not for this site and Second Life I don't think I would have gone out at the time I did.:doh:

Sooooooo whats your reason for been in the closet.......:hugs: Me it was also cuz the dust bunnys in there were just the biggest bully and kicked me out.

aggi123
01-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Oh i'm still trying! I'm trying to put together the perfect outfit for when I do. I want to make sure I look my best. Is that a bad excuse?? lol

I do have a date circled on my calendar though. I want to go out to the movies dressed On either May 8th, or May 15th.

kymmieLorain
01-01-2010, 06:12 PM
count me as one, I have not gone out dressed. I don't know if I ever will I guess time will tell.
Kymmie

Christina Horton
01-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Oh i'm still trying! I'm trying to put together the perfect outfit for when I do. I want to make sure I look my best. Is that a bad excuse?? lol

I do have a date circled on my calendar though. I want to go out to the movies dressed On either May 8th, or May 15th.

Any excuse that keeps you in that dust bunny filled clothest it a bad one. But there is the fact that if your not ready then wait untill you are, Just don't MAKE excuses just say your not quite ready, that way It's in your hands no one elses .

sherryleigh
01-01-2010, 07:45 PM
I haven't gone out yet but want and need to just to see how it goes. Personally I think I'm afraid how much I will enjoy it and that stops me from doing it. I could be wrong it wouldn't be the first time but that's where my head is at this time.

Sherry

Slim Jim
01-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Any excuse that keeps you in that dust bunny filled clothest it a bad one.
I believe it's up to each individual person to determine that. Maybe what's working for you, wouldn't work for someone else. Think about it.

Tara Lutschich
01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi Christina, Made my first partial outing today, don't have full attire yet, Just posted it in this section - Tara L. - Thanks for the encouragements...

Michelle 2774
01-01-2010, 07:53 PM
When I was much younger, I would frequently go out on a weekly basis. I have not went out in quite some time, but there are several parties in the NY area and my plan is to go out probably on a monthly basis.

I really missed going out weekly, but at the time, the demands of work and life took a toll.

jennifer easton
01-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Yeah all the above, I'm still an insider, maybe soon!! I don't know!

NathalieX66
01-01-2010, 07:59 PM
I believe it's up to each individual person to determine that. Maybe what's working for you, wouldn't work for someone else. Think about it.

we need to keep in kind that going out en femme, for some people, is not so much about a contest of who can go the farthest, but a necessity of self-expression. I agree with Slim Jim in the sense that everyone should find their comfort level, and not take something like this forum (which I enjoy) , which sometimes feels like it's trying to goad you into something you are not ready for. OK, girls, who's ready to go for SRS? .....Aw, come on! :devil:
....and yes, I went out last night fort NYE dressed up (minus camera because it officially quit on me). ....round three for me since the 1990's. I think in my case, I was too dying to do it.

sherri52
01-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I haven't been out today. Many years ago I was in the closet because my wife was unaccepting. I joined the guards a year after I got out of the army so I could have a reason to get a motel room to dress on those weekends. The room got small and I had to venture out. What a rush! it was at night on a busy street in Shrewsbury Ma and my guard base was up the street. I only planned for a walk but took in a movie and an ice cream. I think I could pass then.
For those of you that haven't gotten out I give you one reason; FREEDOM. You feel so relieved that you got out. You are both excited and scared as your there and when you get home you immediately check your schedule to see when your next available day is open, and then you can't wait that long. Each time you go out you go a little further, Resturants, shoppig, train rides, subways, it is all open once you venture out.
Don't try to pass, try to feel comfortable within yourself. If you feel good you will look decent. While out be confident, do not look scared and have a great time

trannie T
01-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Not all of us have a real desire to go out. Not all of us have a need to go out.
I enjoy going out once or twice a month. I feel it is my duty to inflict my beauty upon the world.

Staci
01-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I have not gone out dressed as a girl. It might be fun but I think about a couple things. First, usually it is not the destination that provides the most fun but the thought and work of getting there. So, for me, it is fun to wonder about but going out as a girl is one of those things I just let myself wonder about and imagine it as better than it possibly would be. Second, is that I don't have a desire for a lot of people to figure out that I am a crossdresser. I am very happy dressing up with my wife as the only observer. I believe I would have too much to lose. It might be fun to do sometime but I am in no hurry. And if I did, it would have to be somewhere that nobody would know me.

Guinevere LaChance
01-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Never have gone out en femme. Doubt I would be remotely passable and that matters to me.

MelodyS.
01-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Only once did I do it for Halloween. It was a joke though. I don't know if I will ever go out seriously though. I need to be able to perfect my make up and get the right wig. I would like to look as passable as I can.

Karren H
01-01-2010, 08:58 PM
I don't kiss and tell!! Ok ok I tell.. I just don't kiss.... My female stunt double I hired has been out! :D

theresa
01-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Been dressing in private for many years and going on at night infrequently. Until this year that is. My attitude changed to a "I dont give a damn" this year and I started going out frequently at night and in recent months during the day.

Was the best attitude adjustment ever!

Paige Valtieri
01-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I haven't in a long time and I really really want to, it's just I don't think I could do a good enough job to go unnoticed(even late at night:o) but I do want to try and so I have the twenty first marked on my calendar. And it's going to be really late if I do go out.

Heather J
01-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Never been dressed. Don't really want to, Don't think I could pass anyway.

Heather J.

kayesimone
01-01-2010, 09:09 PM
i hope to get out more this year...i have been out a couple times but very safely...like gay pride and a couple trips to my wig shop...maybe i'll try some nitespots or some window shopping...or a local support group!

Nicole Erin
01-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Going out en femme? Hell no, it is too cold to be going outdoors!

Xenia
01-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Depends on what you mean by "out," I suppose.

Out, as in outside for a stroll or drive under cover of darkness when I'm pretty sure I won't be seen? Sure, done that many times.

Out, as in actually mixing in with the general public? Nope. Main reason for me, I guess, is that I'm the type of person who hates being the center of attention, and that's probably what a 6'4" man-shaped creature tottering precariously on a pair of heels would be, no matter how good I might get with a makeup brush.

Oh well.

Miranda09
01-01-2010, 10:15 PM
I've been out only once...a wonderful experience. Haven't been out since that one time last June, tho I will plan to do so again by this June at the latest. Whether I do so before that time is still up in the air, but who knows what the new year will bring. :)

sarahgk
01-01-2010, 10:24 PM
I haven't either, unless you count a few comedy skits to sororities from my fraternity where I was in a dress.. Those were a lot of fun but I definitely was in masculine mode so it wasn't what I'd consider really going out en femme.

I think passability is whats keeping me in the closet..

DiannaRose
01-01-2010, 10:32 PM
I haven't been out yet, but I hope to get out finally this year. We have a local social group (actually, several, all part of one larger New England family), who get together regularly in various locations, one of which is the next town over from me. I do have an outfit ready to wear, but I need hair (either a style I can work out for mine, or a wig that works for me) and I need to work out my makeup. Both are important to me, and have to be presentable enough that I'll feel comfortable.

Jezebella
01-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Do Halloween, masquerades, or playing a female role in a play count as "out"?

steftoday
01-01-2010, 10:47 PM
I have not, except for a few Halloweens. Underdress sometimes.
However, my wife gives me great latitude at home with all this, and she's been great about me with makeup, shaved legs, etc. When our children are away at college, I'm dressed about every night.
I would not want to break that trust.

suchacutie
01-01-2010, 11:06 PM
We should all be supportive of everyone who wishes to extend their feminine selves in any way!

I'm hearing more and more here that goes beyond encouragement and I'm really quite concerned that every time the pressure to go out rachets up a notch we push more and more people back from the door and farther into the closet. I fully understand the absolute RUSH that comes the first time you step over that threshhold, and telling about it in wonderful and exciting prose is great.

Please let's encourage and then stand back and let everyone determine their own comfort level.

as usual, this is just my :2c:

tina

shycd1
01-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Not even halloween for me still building up confidence and need practice with makeup, I need to get a wig before I can even think of going out.

Jacqueline
01-01-2010, 11:42 PM
I haven't been out although I would love to, this is part of my agreement with my SO. She is for the most part tolerant and has even helped with make up etc but going out dressed crosses her line.

Alanea
01-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I to haven't been out dressed, I still have a fear of being found out,
and the fear of rejection. I suppose these fears are rooted in what I
think others expect of me. sort of weird huh.
Alanea:2c:

PretzelGirl
01-02-2010, 12:35 AM
I hadn't been out until yesterday, so I can still remember my reasons. :heehee:

First, I am still fairly new to all of this compared to many here. Couple that with my personality being of one who takes deliberate steps, and I just wasn't ready all that quick.

But the bigger thing keeping me behind the hangars was my moustache. I had it for almost 30 years and I was under the impression that my wife wanted it to stay. Wanting to keep the peace and not having an overwhelming desire to go out kept that stache on my face. But I asked my wife about it once and she told me it didn't matter to her as long as once I took it off, it stayed off. She didn't want to feel it grow again. No problem, it was off within minutes. It was an almost instantaneous change for me. I felt like I wanted to go out and I also felt like doing more with my dressing.

Now I believe there is at least one, if not more, that are members here and going out with facial hair. I applaud you, but I just couldn't do it.

Jocelyn Quivers
01-02-2010, 01:24 AM
I've only been out in public once a couple of years ago, and no one really saw because it was for a quick drive around the block. So by default I can say I've never been out dressed.

Christina Horton
01-02-2010, 01:43 AM

If you read a little more you would have read that I said you should only go at your own pace. If some girls don't want to go or need to go out then that there choice.

I did not post this cuz I wanted to pressure anyone to go out just to encourage them to push there comfort level , If you never push you never have any fun it all becomes routine. And who want a routine eh. Unless your in a play then routine is the way to go LOL.

Meag
01-02-2010, 02:33 AM
I have not been out enfemme for only on reason, I like my home, and I don't like divorce, other than that, there is nothing else stopping me. I do go out all summer long in women's shorts and pantyhose and sometimes women's loafers, and sometimes with a t-shirt over a cami. That's as far as she is going to let me go. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Happy New Year.

Jen534
01-02-2010, 03:10 AM
The only time I've ever been out was for about a few minutes to smoke a cigarette in my backyard at two in the morning. I wore a white blouse, black pencil skirt, black heels and topped it off with my mother's old pearl necklace.

Right now there is no chance of me going shopping dressed or just out dressed period. But the desire is there. I've been shopping before (not looking for womens clothes, just shopping), I glance.. and then stare at women looking at clothes and wish I could do the same.

I'm working on a very lucrative project that will allow me to move out of my dad's house and get a place of my own. I've been thinking about this for a long time now, with all the new privacy I'll be allowed to dress more often, and dramatically increase the size of my wardrobe.

I can't wait to get all dolled-up and not just have to settle for bra and panties when my father goes to work. Even with my own place it would be awhile before I could go out dressed, I would want to work on my looks and become some-what passable, one good thing for me is that I'm not a big guy.

After some work I could see myself doing the "dressed while driving" deal. Lately I've have much more confidence shopping. Earlier my palms would get all sweaty and I would start to shake while on line. Now I browse through the racks or shelves without any hesitation, and when I go to pay I don't care what the cashier or other customers think.

I will never be completely out, I would never want my dad or the rest of my family to know. My two best (male) friends know I dress, although they've never seen me dressed they aren't repulsed either. They both have a sort of "I don't care if you wear panties, just don't ask me to wear them" -attitude. I have told a couple of girls that I dress and they thought it was sexy.

Aside from those few people, the only other people that know I dress are you girls. I know I've gotten positive feedback from the people I've told, but I'm a different person when I'm with people other than my family. I wouldn't say I put on a front, but there are just things you can do or say with friends that you can't do around dad or grandma.

All in all, I think I'm making baby steps and maybe one day I'll be able to explore this need as much as the rest of you.

Shelly67
01-02-2010, 04:33 AM
Yep - I'm one too - a home bird , never flown the nest . Weird thing is , beening home dressed alone now seems a bit pointless ... being with the wife dressed makes me want the both of us to pop out for n evening in a suitable venue and enjoy ourselves ......
It'll be sometime tho ......my bravado is very timid .

Jenniferpl
01-02-2010, 04:59 AM
My supportive spouse would perfer I keep my cross dressing at home. Wishing to keep her support, I stay inside. For those that venture out into the public, I tip my hat to you.

charlen
01-02-2010, 07:03 AM
never been out fully dressed but want to really bad. :daydreaming:

Raychel
01-02-2010, 07:35 AM
I have only been out once on Halloween, My wifes idea. Well I was really hoping for it you know. Anyway, she picked a table to sit at with some of her friends and there MACHO husbands, very uncomfortible for me. Not the most enjoyable time. But it was a bit of a hoot being out dressed.

This was also the first and last time that my wife saw me dressed.
So it was haloween and that doesn't really count. I do have to say that Raychel being in the closet still is one of the stresses in my life that I am hoping to change.

Alisa
01-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Not since I was a teenager...

VS Fan
01-02-2010, 08:22 AM
I have only been out in the car en femme and even then didn't so much as hit a drive through except on one occaison when I was very far from home.

My wife knows about and understands my need to do this (sort of :) ) but she doesn't want to SEE it and the kids prevent any real opportunity to do it anywhere but the basement in the house anyway (they don't know and we're keeping it that way). I do take my femme stuff when I travel, but even then I only dress in the hotel room.

I think my biggest challenge is make up... I think I would be maybe 80% passable with a good bit of effort there, but I haven't really begun to explore that yet.

VS Fan

Shelly67
01-02-2010, 08:28 AM
My supportive spouse would perfer I keep my cross dressing at home. Wishing to keep her support, I stay inside. For those that venture out into the public, I tip my hat to you.

I think this is a major factor for some of us - our partners .
It must be easier for some girls who are single to go out , as although many of us have safe accepted secure understanding partners , there may be those ( my wife included and totally inexperienced ) who find the idea a little scarey . This has certainly been discussed by my wife and I . We've even remarked perhaps if we were to make a kindred friend then maybe the best thing to do in our nervousness would be to meet in our homes first , just to gently break the ice . Calm our nerves . We realise we are NOT alone . It's an odd dilema as we are both very foward open minded people . Over the years we've been to many a rock concert , raves , and visited many countries experiencing all manner or sights , sounds and meeting some very colourful different characters . But , the idea of going out ( although very enticing ) has been something we've chatted about often . I also consider my fears may be due be due to the fact I haven't come out to only but a handful of trusted people . It could be we are just being over sensative . Perhaps it may even be the worry of being outed , as where we live folks seem to know each others buisness and often scornful - it would be a terrible way to be outed to my family thru gossip.

I suppose in reality theres only one way to find out ....

Good thread .

Kate Simmons
01-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Not everyone wants to go out my friend. Some folks are quite content to stay home. Not everyone wants to go to their class reunion en femme or sees the need to do so.:)

jasmine57
01-02-2010, 09:40 AM
I've only been out to a Halloween party dressed in the past. But this coming Week I'm going to get out for dinner and some shopping with a friend coming in from out of town. I'm excited to the point of being giddy. I'm also nervous as heck. I'm looking to get out a lot more this year and I think once the ice is broken it'll be much easier for me.

TGMarla
01-02-2010, 09:51 AM
I have been out on occasion. It's not a regular thing for me. There are factors that hold me back, and many of them relate to my wife. For instance, although I do thin out the hair on my legs, I do not shave them completely, and I'm self-concious of that. I also do not shave my hands, and they are a bit hairy for a lady. Small giveaways to the man beneath the clothing. And I have guy hands anyway. When placed next to the hands of a lady, they look like they belong to a gorilla.

But otherwise, I pass rather well. And I have gone out and I have enjoyed myself when doing so. I just don't make a regular habit of it.

That said, to those of you who have not been out, do not allow this forum to push you into doing something you are not comfortable doing. There is no shame or disgrace in staying at home and keeping this part of you private. If you truly want to go out somewhere, do so. But do not do it because you felt pressured by the members of this forum who told you that you had to. Abide rather by your own rules and your own level of comfort. And if you don't want to, then don't.

femboy_01
01-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Add me to the list, never been out and have no plans to try.

Slim Jim
01-02-2010, 10:20 AM
I did not post this cuz I wanted to pressure anyone to go out just to encourage them to push there comfort level , If you never push you never have any fun it all becomes routine. And who want a routine eh. Unless your in a play then routine is the way to go LOL.
I really don't think anyone should push this. If this theory works for you, great, but it's not for everyone. Each person needs to go out when they're ready and not a minute before. Sorry, but yes, you do sound somewhat pushy.

Shelly67
01-02-2010, 10:22 AM
I have been out on occasion. It's not a regular thing for me. There are factors that hold me back, and many of them relate to my wife. For instance, although I do thin out the hair on my legs, I do not shave them completely, and I'm self-concious of that. I also do not shave my hands, and they are a bit hairy for a lady. Small giveaways to the man beneath the clothing. And I have guy hands anyway. When placed next to the hands of a lady, they look like they belong to a gorilla.

But otherwise, I pass rather well. And I have gone out and I have enjoyed myself when doing so. I just don't make a regular habit of it.

That said, to those of you who have not been out, do not allow this forum to push you into doing something you are not comfortable doing. There is no shame or disgrace in staying at home and keeping this part of you private. If you truly want to go out somewhere, do so. But do not do it because you felt pressured by the members of this forum who told you that you had to. Abide rather by your own rules and your own level of comfort. And if you don't want to, then don't.

GOOD POINT -
I'm sure IF I were ever to venture out the ability to converse would be difficult , maybe just a mumble or two...... it would probably be easier for me to learn to speak 6 million languages like C3-P0 ....... and I mean he's very fluent in many languages - including welsh . LOL

msniki48
01-02-2010, 10:53 AM

Aggi, One way to start out....and it worked for me, was to attend a support meeting in your area. such as "renaissance" for instance. you can even go in drab and change when you arrive....spend some time with the ladies and gain confidence. This is still my primary outlet for going out en femme.

hugs,

msniki48

Janet Bern
01-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi I am Janet and never thought I would ever be able to go out. I am 6'3 and 66. Well, I gave it a try last year and was so surprised that noone ever looked at me twice. I went to Malls and dept stores and had lunch. No problem. Even used the ladies room.
If you think you can blend in a little you probably are a cinch to go out shopping.
Janet

msniki48
01-02-2010, 10:59 AM
we need to keep in kind that going out en femme, for some people, is not so much about a contest of who can go the farthest, but a necessity of self-expression. I agree with Slim Jim in the sense that everyone should find their comfort level, and not take something like this forum (which I enjoy) , which sometimes feels like it's trying to goad you into something you are not ready for. OK, girls, who's ready to go for SRS? .....Aw, come on! :devil:
....and yes, I went out last night fort NYE dressed up (minus camera because it officially quit on me). ....round three for me since the 1990's. I think in my case, I was too dying to do it.

Nathalie, I aggree with you that you know what you need, and for some, dressing for an hour or 2 is just what the doctor ordered. i still only attend support meetings monthly or bi monthly, yet i dress at home very frequently..this is working for me now...i don't know about the future...i will work that out with my wife and therapist in due time....lol

stay grounded

hugs,

msniki48

sonia_dargency
01-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Never been out, was tempted to do it this Halloween, but backed off

you would tell me in NYC nobody cares how you are dressed as long as you don't steal their cab (Helen Boyd said that), so that is encouraging but I have a lot of work to do.

walk in heels, make up etc. the challenge would be to stay in girl mode all the way, if I were to lose it my face would turn from pretty girl to dude with a wig instantly.

I would love to try it though and be the lady of the night.

on the SO side, that was one of the first concerns of my wife, me passing the door en femme, so that has also a cooling effect.

I agree that CD comes in all shades and going out is not a necessary step; we crossdress to be free, let's not impose ourselves some rigid rules.

Sonia

msniki48
01-02-2010, 11:06 AM
I have not gone out dressed as a girl. It might be fun but I think about a couple things. First, usually it is not the destination that provides the most fun but the thought and work of getting there. So, for me, it is fun to wonder about but going out as a girl is one of those things I just let myself wonder about and imagine it as better than it possibly would be. Second, is that I don't have a desire for a lot of people to figure out that I am a crossdresser. I am very happy dressing up with my wife as the only observer. I believe I would have too much to lose. It might be fun to do sometime but I am in no hurry. And if I did, it would have to be somewhere that nobody would know me.

One, thing you have that is so important, is that inner circle that you can confide in...even if it one person, your wife, that is so important. I am lucky to have an inner circle of family and friends, that i can talk freely to about niki. that is also a form of expression..[verbal] and sometimes that is all i need

hugs

msniki48

Rachaelb64
01-02-2010, 11:07 AM
In 2009, I went out for the first time in board daylight, previous to that it had been a few night drives/walks.

I went out on the spar of the moment thing, (ok I had been thinking about for while) I was dressed need to get some food in and went 'what the hell'. Spent about 2hrs out and about dresed.

Now I'm also lucky to have a supportive SO who will go shopping with me. But when I'm on my own I still do have the odd wobble, make-ups not right, wig is not right etc etc...........

If you want to stay inside then stay, we are not sheep, as long as your happy, be who you are whether you be an insider or an outsider :D

Sexyalexis
01-02-2010, 11:07 AM
I have been out twice in 12 years. not a lot probally the reason is i live in a small town if i went out here the cat would be out of the bag and i cant afford that because of the role i play in my job. So i went out of town to go out with my ex two times. I had just told her about me dressing and she was very suportive of me and it was like a dream came true not shortly after that she left me. I am now in a relationship where she know about it but thinks it should be kept to the bedroom only and does not want to see me fully dressed (makeup wig so on). It is a sad day and i am torn between making Alexis happy (me) or my grilfreind happy. HMMM i look at all the posts of all you grils out and having fun and wish i could be there. i guess time will tell.

XOXO
Alexis

RachelZ
01-02-2010, 11:10 AM
I've hung out in the woods by my house dressed but I havn't been out in public yet.

msniki48
01-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Never have gone out en femme. Doubt I would be remotely passable and that matters to me.

Guinevere, passing is important to many of us....right or wrong to feel that way....jury is still out. in a support group, all the ladies are in a similar situation as you. there is strength in numbers and they will all support you in your quest to be the best girl you can be. [everyone there is beautiful] trust me, i don't pass either.

do whatever is good for you.

hugs

msniki48

ringedjohn
01-02-2010, 11:13 AM
I CD only because it gives me an erotic kick and nowadays that is under-dressing only. I have no desire to be a woman, go out dressed, take hormones, transition, etc.

msniki48
01-02-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't kiss and tell!! Ok ok I tell.. I just don't kiss.... My female stunt double I hired has been out! :D

Ok,OK,OK so you don't kiss and tell. But, your pictures say volumes!

You are a confident, poised and beautiful Lady. Kudos to you girl.

you are blessed with form grace and stature...ok your pretty too. the i deal combination. My wife Karen and I think you have put together a wonderful and tasteful portfolio.

hugs,

msniki48
niki335@hotmail.com

claire2454
01-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi Girls

i have been out dressed but not for a long time unless you can count taking the dogs for their last night walk (short), but hope to go out out to a club or something this year don't know when but this year.

lol claire :love:

msniki48
01-02-2010, 11:28 AM
i hope to get out more this year...i have been out a couple times but very safely...like gay pride and a couple trips to my wig shop...maybe i'll try some nitespots or some window shopping...or a local support group!

Kaye, you have wonderful presence, and your wig shop has done you well. good luck. one thing for sure is that there is safe haven at a support group.

also, many of them have ladies nite out, where5 to 10 girls might go out for dinner in an accepting establishment. this also provides a safe environment.

hugs,

msniki48

Danielle Gee
01-02-2010, 11:37 AM
My Honey took me out once years ago. We went to a local drive in (similar to a "Sonic") It was in the winter, she drove and we ate in the car. "Don't worry" she said "you look great, and I'll do all the talking"

When the food arrived and she was paying the waitress she turned to me and said "Dani , Do you have any change in your purse"?.....I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE!!!! The young girl look directly into my face and showed absolutly no reaction at all. It was wonderful!!!

Afterward we drove thru the deserted (it was Sunday) downtown area of our small town. She wanted me to get out of the car and pose for a photo in front of the Courthouse, but I lost my nerve. We then drove around a bit then went home.

That was more than 10 years ago, but I can still remembert the thrill I felt!!:hugs:

Danielle

msniki48
01-02-2010, 11:39 AM
I haven't been out yet, but I hope to get out finally this year. We have a local social group (actually, several, all part of one larger New England family), who get together regularly in various locations, one of which is the next town over from me. I do have an outfit ready to wear, but I need hair (either a style I can work out for mine, or a wig that works for me) and I need to work out my makeup. Both are important to me, and have to be presentable enough that I'll feel comfortable.

Dianna, you may also feel a visit to provincetown may be in order also. what a supportive community.

BTW: i read some of your blog...yes gender blurred is great, but you are also gender blessed. so much more than just a man.... a much more complex being. strong, yet totally nurturing and capable of emotions...so happy to hear you are finding center.

hugs
msniki48
niki335@hotmail.com

helena.gcd
01-02-2010, 12:04 PM
i've never been out, but i'm willing to. I don't know when, maybe on carnival with some friends (it wouldn't be the weirdest costume that i've wore. Once i was out dressed like Tom Cruise on the film Risky Business :o). i know it would be a bit of cheating, but i think that it would be better to take baby steps at first.

i also would like to go out dressed to take a walk around the house one night, but i hope not to see anyone. it would have to be very late, like 2 or 3 a.m. of a work day, because i do live in the very center of my city and people in Spain stays out till late. I haven't done it before because i don't have any women's coat and it is really cold outside, but i've ordered one at a online store and its supposed to arrive next week. (well, to be honest i've purchased a coat, a purse, bras, panties, hosery, 3 dresses and some make up, it is sale's time :devil:)

Ready or not i'm going out on this year, so wish me luck!!!

SuzanneBender
01-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Great thread Christina. I think the key thing to take away from this thread is you don't have to stand on the roof of your house in a neon tutu to be a true trans gal. Whatever fits you is cool.

I spent my first ten years as a woman locked in a hotel room. At first it was all I needed. Then I felt the need to express that woman to the rest of the world. The internet filled that void for awhile but I needed more. First I steped out to TG friendly clubs when traveling on business. My first trip was to the Meca of dressing the Queen Mary Showbar in LA. Once the genie was out of the bottle I couldn't get enough. Now I couldn't picture not being out as Suzanne.

I've been out only once...a wonderful experience. Haven't been out since that one time last June, tho I will plan to do so again by this June at the latest. Whether I do so before that time is still up in the air, but who knows what the new year will bring. :)

Hey Chicago girl! I hope you are going out in June because of Be All. I would love to give you a big hug when I see you there.

briannacder
01-02-2010, 12:36 PM
exept at halloween twice but that is it

Amymonroe
01-02-2010, 12:48 PM
i can not come out of my closet due to my work. the army doen't like that.

amy

Christina Horton
01-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I really don't think anyone should push this. If this theory works for you, great, but it's not for everyone. Each person needs to go out when they're ready and not a minute before. Sorry, but yes, you do sound somewhat pushy.

I am not pushing anyone again. I am only giving advice to the girls who want to go out but for one reason or another have not yet. I am not saying that if you don't want to go out or can't cuz reason's that are personal ,that you must or should. I am just saying that if you want to do out and can, that you will need to go beyond what you perceive as you limit and go beyond it. I do agree that no one should be pushed if they don't want to or can't go out dressed. I just wanted to clear that up. I never want to seem pushy , I just want to help and encourage the girls whom want to go out but are scared or not sure how to go aboot it Eh! :heehee:

I never would GOAD anybody in ti doing something they don't want to.And your right this is not a contest to see who is first. It our freedom and the way we can express who we are inside and show it even if is just to ourselves in the mirror.

Not all of us have a real desire to go out. Not all of us have a need to go out.
I enjoy going out once or twice a month. I feel it is my duty to inflict my beauty upon the world.

I understand that some girl have no or little desire to go out. If they want to stay in-of -doors more power to them. Yes I do the same thing......I have to share my beauty on the world and watch them run screaming into the night . LOL.

We should all be supportive of everyone who wishes to extend their feminine selves in any way!

I'm hearing more and more here that goes beyond encouragement and I'm really quite concerned that every time the pressure to go out rachets up a notch we push more and more people back from the door and farther into the closet. I fully understand the absolute RUSH that comes the first time you step over that threshhold, and telling about it in wonderful and exciting prose is great.

Please let's encourage and then stand back and let everyone determine their own comfort level.

as usual, this is just my :2c:

tina

My intent was to 1) to see how many girl have not gone out 2) to help encourage the ones that do want to go out Not push them to do something they did not want to do but help them to go beyond the front door of there home , like I said only if they want to.

I am happy for those who have a supportive wife and SO's . Yes I am single and have no one save for my mom when I come home to visit have no one to say I would prefer you to stay indoors . But there is a down side to that.....I have not one to call my own and since when ever I am home and go out I out dressed it's hard to find a good women .

So I am happy for the ladies who support there girls.

Not everyone wants to go out my friend. Some folks are quite content to stay home. Not everyone wants to go to their class reunion en femme or sees the need to do so.:)

Ok I understand that some don't want to go out. I am just like I said wanting to help the one's that do want to go out . If you want to only under dress that's fine , if you dress in door only great , but if you want to go out well we can help out.

No I don't want to push and If I gave anyone that feeling I am sorry. I do get excited to go out and help others to do so . Plus I am not good at putting down on (print so to speak) my thoughts the way I would say them if I was speaking out loud.

I only want to help not push. Just your comfort zone (if) you want to go out dressed. We push ourselves all the time . Like when I lost my job of 11 and 1/2 years with the same CO and was comfortable with and with my job gone, I was scared and with that behind me I went and did something I thought I could not do and cuz i had to , got another job in the same field but van not flat bed . Now I could not be happier , unless I could get out of trucking and do something I could dress at.

Everyone need to go at there own pace , But for those who want to go out and are not sure for what ever reason need to know that to stay at what your comfortable with you will never go past it. We go beyond whats comfortable we then brake the wall down and make it into a door we can go through anytime we want to.

So do as you want and don't let anyone PUSH YOU ( yes that means me to) and do what you want to.

To any I offended I am sorry.

tuck n9ne
01-02-2010, 01:04 PM
i have yet to go out.... sober.. lol. im in college! so its okay haha

Christina Horton
01-02-2010, 01:05 PM

amy

Ya know I and constantly amazed at how many girls we have in the military. I also know that the MACHO jobs all around the world have us infiltrating the work force. We will take over one day and the world will be "Fabulous"!

It's a shame that wa can't dress and most of our jobs cuz we would have less stress in out lives for the girls who want to do that, like Me.

SuzanneBender
01-02-2010, 01:10 PM

amy

They arent asking and I am not telling. Well at least on the weekends
:doh:

paulaluvssz8
01-02-2010, 03:27 PM
I walked to my mail box dressed in Capri pants blouse, and a water bra, to show some shape... Does that count?

CharleneM
01-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Haven't been out in a while, and let myself go, as far as my weight is concerned.

I had no problem passing, and on my days off from work, would go to the mall, try on and buy shoes, etc. and the sale people didn't have a clue!

My last job was unique, in that my boss, and myself became friends, and use to hangout together. It was a jewelry store, and I went to work many days as Charlene. Regular customers were mostly women, and they didn't have a problem with it, and people off the street didn't pick up on it!

I miss that, because it was fun!

My new Year resolution, is to lose 20lbs, and buy a new wardrobe.

I don't know if my wife is going to like Charlene going out again, but she was in the past.

Going to keep my fingers crossed:o

Miranda09
01-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Hey Chicago girl! I hope you are going out in June because of Be All. I would love to give you a big hug when I see you there.

Hey Suzanne...I will be there. See you then! :):hugs:

Stephanie Michelle
01-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Been out to two halloween parties with the wife several years ago. Since my divorce in June I have been out a few times driving around. Haven't had the courage to shop or be in public yet.

Stephanie Michelle

msginaadoll
01-02-2010, 07:29 PM
I think that most of us are on different roads and journeys when it comes to our dressing. For some they will never feel the need to get out of their house, apartment, etc. For others they may want to but are afraid for whatever reason. Anyone who has gone out will tell you that while it may be an exhilarating experience, it is also one of the most scariest(is that a word) things they have done. Depending where u go u are putting yourself on display and out to be judged- everyone reacts differently to this. Also we all come in different bodies and sizes shapes, etc. It is easier to blend in when you dont stick out as much. Support is a great thing and it is wonderful to attend meetings, go to bars, clubs etc where we as cds are accepted. Others decide to push things farther malls, grocery stores, art galleries, fast food, truck stops whatever. Whatever each person does is right for them for the time and place they are at. Only you know your situation and I for one would never encourage anyone to do something that would put them that far out of there comfort zone. The one thing we share in common is that we dress, everything else is individual and unique to us.

Jackie_Thomas
01-02-2010, 07:40 PM
I've been out and it was an awesome feeling. Videos and pics were taken and are available for your viewing. Utube is great.

CharleneM
01-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I think that most of us are on different roads and journeys when it comes to our dressing. For some they will never feel the need to get out of their house, apartment, etc. For others they may want to but are afraid for whatever reason. Anyone who has gone out will tell you that while it may be an exhilarating experience, it is also one of the most scariest(is that a word) things they have done. Depending where u go u are putting yourself on display and out to be judged- everyone reacts differently to this. Also we all come in different bodies and sizes shapes, etc. It is easier to blend in when you dont stick out as much. Support is a great thing and it is wonderful to attend meetings, go to bars, clubs etc where we as cds are accepted. Others decide to push things farther malls, grocery stores, art galleries, fast food, truck stops whatever. Whatever each person does is right for them for the time and place they are at. Only you know your situation and I for one would never encourage anyone to do something that would put them that far out of there comfort zone. The one thing we share in common is that we dress, everything else is individual and unique to us.

You are right about knowing the limits, the first time I was out with my best friend, his wife, and mine for News Years, several years ago, and made a joke, that I would like to go out to the mall dressed as a women, to go shopping!

They all laughed, but I did it the next month, and got away with it!

Even though I'm married, I've always felt like a women, from my earliest memories.

It's never going to stop.

Slim Jim
01-02-2010, 08:32 PM
I never would GOAD anybody in to doing something they don't want to.And your right this is not a contest to see who is first.

ok, but you might want to re-think how you come across in some of your posts. the very title of this one - "sound off" almost makes you sound like some sort of TG marine drill instructor. Relax, do your own thing, and let others do theirs.

Christina Horton
01-02-2010, 10:46 PM
ok, but you might want to re-think how you come across in some of your posts. the very title of this one - "sound off" almost makes you sound like some sort of TG marine drill instructor. Relax, do your own thing, and let others do theirs.

I can come on strong when face to face too. I guess that also is the same when I write LOL. I will try in the future.

Now Slim Jim at ten-shon. Just kidding hun.

Kickin' Crosser
01-02-2010, 11:28 PM
I have yet to go out, wonder how those around me would react, though I had been planning to go out with some friends back when I was at the local state U... for the mega 2-day concert/carnival game/junkfood/excess pandemonium that goes on every spring. Too bad that idea can never happen.

crusadergirl
01-03-2010, 12:03 AM
I can't say i haven't been out ever but its only once or twice a year if that. In 2008 i didn't go out at all.

Joanie_Shakti
01-03-2010, 01:10 AM
I haven't been out in public. Have been outside of the house, front and back after dark. And back when I first started dressing fully, when I was twentysomething, I would sit in the backyard in a skirt and heels and drink a bottle of Annie Greensprings wine. (My tastes have matured since then. :facepalm: )

The closest thing to being in public was when I was a projectionist at a movie theatre. Back then, the movie would usually arrive the night before and I would splice the individual reels together into one big reel. One night after building the film, I went home and put a dress and heels in a gym bag. I returned, dressed in the theatre, and watched the movie by myself. I had put the chain that we would put around the door handles around the handles inside to insure that no one would walk in on me.

The scary thing was, the next day, the manager, who had the night off the night I dressed at work, asked me what I was doing at the theatre at 3AM! :confused2:

marny
01-03-2010, 02:08 AM
been out the last three days. this is a great time to test the waters. Lots of people are away and the ones who are home are in their own fog. ( maybe not pink...but fog)

Jonesasaurus
01-03-2010, 02:12 AM
Never ever ever been out, but one day, I dream :daydreaming:

sometimeskaty
01-03-2010, 04:04 AM
Not yet - but 2010 is the year :D

Rachel Lea
01-03-2010, 04:18 AM
I have only been out once, from my hunting cabin, no one around. It was dark, got dressed (using a very cheap halloween wig) when into my truck and drove about 10 miles to the town nearby. There was two stop signals in the town and I had to stop at both. I was very scared that someone might see me and go red neck. I drove once throught the town and went back to the cabin, I did not get out of the truck at all.

I really wish to go "out" again but differently. First thing I need to get an acceptable wig.

Ranma
01-03-2010, 04:43 AM
I have never been out. I want to but i just don't think i'm quite there yet.

girlalex
01-03-2010, 04:53 AM
I haven't been out yet either because one i have no one to go out with and two because i don't have the female clothes i want nor i have the place or room to store them without my parents finding out. For now the best bet would be to find another cd friend who i can dress up with and hang out with. even if i have all the cloths in the world i would never go out by myself for the first time. i guess its for the safety and for someone to be there for your first time who you can talk about it with many times after, making it an even more exiting experience than if you go by yourself.

KellyWannabe
01-03-2010, 11:10 AM
I've NEVER been out en femme. :sad:

I would love to find a cute, passable girl or three in Denver to make me over but I refuse to go to a shop and pay. :daydreaming:

Christina Horton
01-03-2010, 11:17 AM
I've NEVER been out en femme. :sad:

I would love to find a cute, passable girl or three in Denver to make me over but I refuse to go to a shop and pay. :daydreaming:

Lol you sound like a guy friend I grew up with. I would say "wana go to a movie" he would say " you paying " you like him cheap. But that did help land his now wife of 15years. Lol. So not a bad thing.

Stina84
01-03-2010, 11:21 AM
I've never been out while dressed and the only person who have seen me dressed in real life is my girlfriend. I don't feel a need to do it either as I feel as comfortable being a man as being a woman.

Although I would not like to go out dressed I would like to have some good girlfriends that I could meet with in private just to talk, have a nice dinner and a glass of wine and so on. I've also been playing with the thought of being in an isolated place like a summer home for a weekend and be a girl full time there.

Although I don't want to do it myself I have enormous respect for those of you who dare to go out shopping, clubbing etc. while dressed. It must take so much courage.

KellyWannabe
01-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Lol you sound like a guy friend I grew up with. I would say "wana go to a movie" he would say " you paying " you like him cheap. But that did help land his now wife of 15years. Lol. So not a bad thing.

I'd rather it be a personal experience.

I don't want them to make me over because I am giving them money.

AmandaBlack
01-03-2010, 11:34 AM
and it doesn't bother me that I haven't. I dress for me, my lil' taboo I suppose. Now, with a proper makeover I know I could "pass" and likley pull it off somewhat easy enough. But, being married and that being pretty important to me, I stay "closeted" and enjoy the time I do get to slip into something sexy.
The only consideration I'd give it outside of my own bedroom would be to someday perhaps go in drab, meet with other CDs, dress then change and go home in drab. But that alone is a huge step!

docrobbysherry
01-03-2010, 01:25 PM
In my case, the sound of all the screaming children gives me a headache! :eek:
Then, being pounded with purses, always ADDS to my headache!:doh:

No, really! Going out requires COMPROMISE in the way u dress! I did it the once, at the SCC. I brought along some dark, conservative dresses, so I'd blend! But, blending was BORING!:brolleyes:
I'd only do it again, to be with the special girls I met there!:thumbsup:

When u dress for yourself, by yourself, there r NO LIMITS, and NO RULES!:devil:
That appeals to me!:D

TeriAnn
01-03-2010, 04:49 PM
I have not made it out the front door yet. Believe I could If I had someone to go with me. Need a little moral support from someone who has been there done that. Here's wishing:sad:

TiffanyMN
01-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Only once, and it was on Halloween. Not going out is one of the rules my wife and I have agreed upon. Hopefully I will go out again in the future. There is a Halloween every year after all.

charlytuna
01-03-2010, 08:17 PM
0 well I never been out fully dress yet but close to it. This past saturday I was out underdress with femme jeans, peach pullover,lipstick[lightly] very light on make-up and form. Of course all under a heavy coat. And went to the mall other places for shopping and had great time and I felt wonderfull being out like that. next time I'm trying a thinner jacket I feel that I'm making progress "baby steps"

charlytuna
01-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi I am Janet and never thought I would ever be able to go out. I am 6'3 and 66. Well, I gave it a try last year and was so surprised that noone ever looked at me twice. I went to Malls and dept stores and had lunch. No problem. Even used the ladies room.
If you think you can blend in a little you probably are a cinch to go out shopping.
Janet

how did you pull that off for being that tall I would like to know so I can try it since I'm that height and that what scare me from going out fully

monika
01-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Never been out.
It is not something I am really missing, but it might be fun sometime!

Airazor
01-03-2010, 08:38 PM
I've gone outside, in the middle of the night, and driven around in my car... But I've never actually been out into public where other people are around. I was supposed to go out last year, but it fell through. I want to get it back on track.

AmandaM
01-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Never been out.

Monika, you are seriously passable! I say do it! For myself, haven't been out since the 80's.

Christina Horton
01-04-2010, 01:12 AM
I have not made it out the front door yet. Believe I could If I had someone to go with me. Need a little moral support from someone who has been there done that. Here's wishing:sad:

Ya know a girl with the right set up could make good money driving around the country getting girls out of the house by being there to "hand hold" them out. Might be a good biz idea. If any girls want to team up and has good biz smarts PM me and we could try it out LOL. Now that would be a dream job.....giving wings to closeted girls all over . :daydreaming: :heehee:

((((No really I am serious if you are interested)))) You would have to come up with the money.

Never been out.

Warning Warning .... if you do go out for the fun of it , You might just get hooked and always want to go out dressed. It is addicting as hell hun. So be prepared to love it ....or not. You never know how you'll respond to going out. Just be warned hun.....You may see the (in a tremulous voice)PINK FOGGGGGGGG!!!!!

karennjcd
01-04-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm sure it's been said earlier in this thread, but there are all types here, and all levels of CD'ing. Some have the time to perfect it so that they are totally passable, while others don't. It really depends on your home situation --- is there an understanding spouse or do you have to keep this under wraps? Are you living alone or do you have kids around? Do you live in what might be a private location, such as a house surrounded by farmland, or are there neighbors nearby? I mean sure you might risk sneaking out at night, but if you're in an apartment or even living in a subdivision with other homes close by, you never know who might be looking out their window even at 2 AM.

If one is going to go out in public, I think being 100% passable is key. Without that, having to face your neighbors the next day in your male attire after they might have caught a glimpse of you sneaking back into your home in a little black dress and heels the night before might be embarrasing to say the least.

Except for whatever images we choose to present here, many of us need to remain in the closet as much as possible until we feel we have mastered the art of looking as convincing as possible like a female.

Karen :)

Alice Torn
01-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Been out a number of times, the past five years, but my voice, and huge hands, and Adam's Apple don;t pass, and sixfoot six, either.

Vanessa5
01-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I have been out shopping en femme and I have enjoyed it. For the longest time I practiced my make-up and putting together an ensomble that would cover or conceal the man outside and show off the woman inside. This year I hope to get out more and more.

thinnthera
01-04-2010, 01:26 PM
no ... not out yet .....

DanielleLee
01-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Excluding Halloween? Nope! Maybe someday however the right opprotunity will present itself. :daydreaming:

Regina
01-04-2010, 03:09 PM
I think from the first time that I was fully dressed I've always felt compelled to go out, even if it is only for a short time. The house is to confining (and my wife does not know) we live away from the city so leaving dressed is not much of a problem. I checked my photo CD in 2009 I went out dressed 10 times and so far one time for 2010... on a 17 degree day no less. My goal this year....to go out more than I did in 2009.

Regina

gerdaberlin
01-04-2010, 03:45 PM
I haven't been out today. Many years ago I was in the closet because my wife was unaccepting. I joined the guards a year after I got out of the army so I could have a reason to get a motel room to dress on those weekends. The room got small and I had to venture out. What a rush! it was at night on a busy street in Shrewsbury Ma and my guard base was up the street. I only planned for a walk but took in a movie and an ice cream. I think I could pass then.
For those of you that haven't gotten out I give you one reason; FREEDOM. You feel so relieved that you got out. You are both excited and scared as your there and when you get home you immediately check your schedule to see when your next available day is open, and then you can't wait that long. Each time you go out you go a little further, Resturants, shoppig, train rides, subways, it is all open once you venture out.
Don't try to pass, try to feel comfortable within yourself. If you feel good you will look decent. While out be confident, do not look scared and have a great time

this quote remains on my remember list, as I recall many times with similar feelings before and after, ie biking, driving, walking, sitting on campus..
these times happen to be fading after 3 intense years or so, as my aptmt to do all this is no longer available, and NO chance to do this from a home w 2 kids etc..
a loooooooooooooong way until their college, so alternatives have to be found..

Kandi
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
I have been lucky enough to go out in atlanta more times then I can recall. I too am an ex offensive lineman whose size is rather hard to camoflage. But in atlanta it is like a free pass. No one cares. That or they dont want to give the big girl any lip. The laSt visit including being an usherette at the Atlanta Gay Mens Christmas concert. That was interesting. The scc is the best place any one could go for their first time out. Save up!!!

nvlady
01-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Haven't been out, ain't gonna go out. Been in the closet for 66 years already, and by the time I work up the courage to go out I won't be around anymore.

Christina Horton
01-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Haven't been out, ain't gonna go out. Been in the closet for 66 years already, and by the time I work up the courage to go out I won't be around anymore.

Never say never hun. If you want to go out then do it. Might be a great retirement hobby to do. Like golfing or playing pool or cards and of course CD shopping and lots of fun. If you want to don't think your too old dear. If you don't want to then do what you want, it's in your hands.

chrissycox99
01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Haven't been out yet...not from lack of making plans to though! They just always seem to fail miserably!
Hopefully soon, if not, then by Halloween for sure!(I hope!)

Susan.
01-04-2010, 11:32 PM
I have never been out in public dressed as a woman. Not for Halloween or anything. When I was younger I didn't have that desire. And now I couldn't pass.

MorganBenton
01-05-2010, 02:50 AM
I haven't been out yet, mainly due to my broad shoulders. Any suggestions?

Christina Horton
01-05-2010, 03:05 AM
I haven't been out yet, mainly due to my broad shoulders. Any suggestions?

Ya look at my pics and see my shoulders and tell me I look like a guy or a girl. I have wide shoulders and am a plus size girl , but my aunt Giselle is about the same size as I save for the fact that she has bigger boobs.

I can to the realization that I don't pass soooo why should I care that I have wide shoulders. I came to that conclusion last year and I found that along with the freedom that I also found out I can wear short skirts and wigs that I can not wear a dress or top that has small straps and short skirts . My wardrobe possabilities have gone up cuz I don't worrie what people think .

Until you feel that way to it like tying your hand when it come to you clothing (Freedom). So don't worrie to much and try to have an open mind and don't worrie if people run screaming form your wide shoulders, lol. Good luck hun.

Ballerina
01-05-2010, 03:25 AM
I've not been out, but read my signature, and you might understand why.

pushpa
01-05-2010, 04:57 AM
Hi,
I've been only once, for a crossdressing party in a club. I was wearing a latex outfit teddy,skirt, stocking, long gloves, etc...
I pretend to "play the sissy" but I really loved it. I felt so confortable and uninhibited.
My next step would be to go "en femme" rather than like "a guy in ladies clothes" which I feel more difficult to cope with.
Pushpa

allisonrn06
01-05-2010, 07:46 AM
The only times I've ever been out have been on halloween on two occasions, and I don't count those times. I have considered joining a support group, as some of you suggested, but for a variety of reasons that hasn't happened yet.

Emma Leigh
01-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Never been out, cept for a couple of times walking the dog, in the depths of winter, when i was sure no one would be about. Not sure I would want to unless it was a CDs only gathering, the beard makes it impossible to pass, not that I think I would anyway, not even sure I want to. But do love the dressing up.

Vicky Peters
01-05-2010, 11:21 AM
The closet is very comfortable for me. After I learn to apply makeup, which will take years at my rate, I might just open that closet door.

josie_S
01-05-2010, 12:59 PM
I've been out a few times, lucky enough to have the Traingles parties not too far from me and that's where I've spent the bulk of my time out. The first time I was a big anxienty ball and no matter how many times I was told I looked pretty that night, I never shook the lousy feeling i had.

but I went back :) again and again and again!

Last summer I spent a weekend dressed! Went to randolph CC outside Boston both friday and saturday nights! But I did something I thought I'd never do! I went to the mall by myself! I went to a movie! I wore skinny jeans and a pink top with sandals...very casual. And I felt GREAT.

Unfortunately life changed some and I havent been able to get back out since then. However I would like to again. The only thing I'd change is that everytime I went out I went alone. Next time, I'll make sure I have a gf with me.

dennisGTS
01-05-2010, 03:21 PM
I've never been CDing out in public. Although, I've been out in my fenced in backyard all CDed up but always have a big long coat on to hide what I have on (I have neighbors that could possibly see me dressed in my backyard) so I don't think it counts.

Maybe one day, in a city far away, I'll have the opportunity to go out fully dressed up...and when that day comes, I know I'll be super nervous!

Lisalove1976
01-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Unfortunately I fit this case... still haven't got the (excuse the expression) balls to try.

BonnieJG
01-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Never been out. But I would like to one day . . .

shadyterri
01-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I use to drive while dressed, over 350 miles. I would dress in sexy black outfits. I wore a short miniskirt with black stockings and a garterbelt and a see through black blouse. When I would sit in my vehicle my skirt always hiked up to expose my garters. I had many truckers honk as I passed them on the interstate. You can imagine the rush. I also have dressed many times at motels and would leave my room for ice. Fortunately I never locked myself out of my room. lol

JulieC
01-05-2010, 03:46 PM
ME OUT.:):D

Ok I what to know who has not been out , and maybe all the girls that have been out can give advice right in the thread to help and give you the confidence and the want to (push) your comfort zone. :eek::eek:

If it was not for this site and Second Life I don't think I would have gone out at the time I did.:doh:

Sooooooo whats your reason for been in the closet.......:hugs: Me it was also cuz the dust bunnys in there were just the biggest bully and kicked me out.

Define "being out".

I've gone to a crossdresser support group meeting, drove there and back en femme. I changed right after and right before leaving home (for kids reasons, spouse supports).

I've been en femme and gone for walks on soft rainy nights. Umbrellas can hide identity well :)

I've gone jogging wearing pantyhose under my shorts. Same for bike riding. At night.

I've underdressed, sometimes visibly, and been out at night.

From my perspective, I've only extended my closet, so to speak. I have yet to go out into full light, no attempt to hide my face, on anything like shopping, etc.

Why am I still in the extended closet? I'm not ashamed of who I am anymore. I used to be, a long time ago, but not now. It's not that. What it is more is that most of my urge to be out and about is satisfied by the things I already do, on occasion, in going out en femme.

Prior to engaging in these things, I felt like I was always in a cage. I could dress up, but couldn't go anywhere. These outings in the 'extended closet' have largely erased that feeling. I don't feel any strong desire to go shopping, out for dinner, etc. en femme. It'd be nice, but I don't need it.

Nicole Bishop
01-05-2010, 04:10 PM
they tell me it is addicting and after my first outing on new years I am now putting my just bin golfing outfit together and my sweats running shoes baseball cap grocery getting outfit together. Just twhat need another addiction. :eek:

Christina Horton
01-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Define "being out".
These outings in the 'extended closet' have largely erased that feeling. I don't feel any strong desire to go shopping, out for dinner, etc. en femme. It'd be nice, but I don't need it.

Ok I define "being out" as going shopping to clubs , going to meet up , The thing is that you go out like you would do in drab . Going out at night for a hide and hide drive and hope no one see ya , is not being out , but it's a good first start. But out no not really. So that's how I define being out.

they tell me it is addicting and after my first outing on new years I am now putting my just bin golfing outfit together and my sweats running shoes baseball cap grocery getting outfit together. Just twhat need another addiction. :eek:

Just wait until you find out you need more shoes and then wigs . You think just going out is Addicting just wait until you figure out what you need of all of your outings and then you get obsessed on what you wear and how you look. So good luck and watch your pocket book/Purse.

ShannonAlexandra
01-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Never have been, but want to once I'm ready.

kimmy p
01-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Only on or near Halloween.

lavistaa62
01-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Am planning to drive a few hours back home en-femme. Should be frightening and exhilarating.

JustAlex
01-06-2010, 12:02 PM
I don't know if I want to. I'm not passable as I am now. I'd have to shave my beard first and wax my hands probably.
It's not on my to do list anyway. I may have fantasized about it but never considered that an unresolved issue.

JasmineD
01-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Other than wearing panties under male clothing, only one time I went outside was at night to pick up mail with pair of full C's prominently showing under T-Shirt while in male clothing. But no I have not gone out fully dressed yet.

Terri Semes
01-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Have not been out yet, just waiting for the right occasion or event or maybe just needing more confidence in myself.

frisbee_girl
01-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I don't know if I have the desire or need to go out in in a totally 'out' way. I could see going for a run or bike ride sometime might be fun. Or going for a walk around dusk. I know you aren't defining that as 'out'.

If I ever feel the desire to do that, it will be interesting to see what I do.

girlyman15
01-08-2010, 12:52 AM
I have yet to go out

pcpolitex
01-08-2010, 01:43 AM
Went out this past Halloween with the wife to a club. we dressed as 50s girls . Red hair for both of us. I wore 200 yards of petticoats and she had on 120 yards . We both dressed in black, black stockings and heels. I wore a full slip and a very lacy black petticoat under my crinolines. My thigh tops were also attached to garters. I used extremely pointed breast formsAbout six couples knew us and at first no one recognized either of us.
I danced with several women. Many women came over and lifted my skirt too see the petticoats. Several went wild because they wanted my pettis which are hard to find.

One girl came over and felt my breasts because she could not believe I was a guy.

It was a real high. I only wore lipstick. My wife said do not do too good a job on the makeup or you will pass and the friends will wonder if you are into it. she did say two of the woman thouhgt I was into it because the outfit was that good.

By the way its fun driving with 200 yards of crinoline. Hard to
get behind the wheel. But great sensation with all that nylon sliding around.

Tiffanycd
01-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Hello all no i have never been out to be honest i do not even know if i pass or not that is some thing i would like to find out first and maybe for Halloween.

Tiffanycd

shadyterri
01-08-2010, 11:57 AM
I was afraid to go out for the longest time. Eventually though I did go out at night, but was very careful to not get close to the public. I have driven in the daytime well over 350 miles while fully dressed. :)

briannad
01-08-2010, 02:09 PM
In 1995 I went with friends dressed as "Brenda" to a gay bar in St Louis. In 1996 I attended the St Louis Gender Foundation Christmas Gala with friends as "Brenda". Since then I have not ventured out of my front door as Alyssa.

bridgette63
01-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I have never been out dressed, except Halloween night and i don't think that counts. I'm too chicken and dont really pass. just not comfortable yet. Hopefully some day.

Evette333
01-09-2010, 04:06 PM
I've been out a couple of times years ago, but now I wonder why bother. I think it would be best if I could go somewhere and not be self-conscious. I think it would be fun to hang out with a bunch of us and compare beauty tips, etc. etc. etc.

Joankristy
01-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Well I have been out dressed for Hallowween but no other days. I live in a small town that isn't safe!!!!! In fact there was a couple of gay guys that were beat up just for being gay.

BunnieCashmere
01-09-2010, 07:45 PM
I've never been out. I've left the house a few times, to take pictures in the backyard and such, but I've never actually left my property dressed up.

angelfire
01-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Never been out. I'd love to, but circumstances are not favorable right now. I live at home with my parents still, and while they know, it is not something they are interested in seeing. So I'd have to go somewhere, change, do my thing, change back and come home. The 2 friends I have told also are cool with it, but have no interest in seeing it. I don't have a car either. So basically, if I go out dressed, I am going alone and have nowhere to change once out.

Add to the fact it is currently winter and I don't have a woman's coat, that makes things a little tricky. A coat I think could hide a lot and I have have a decent chance.

I don't feel I am passable. I have a blatant man's build, hairy arms and hairy legs still, so makes it tricky as well. I should probably get on shaving that stuff.

So for the foreseeable future, I probably can't get out. I want to though, while I'm still young and have a higher chance of passing, but I guess only time will tell.

PetiteTonya
01-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Good morning;

I discovered I was a TG 18 months ago. I was not alone in this. In fact, it was my girlfriend who basically coaxed, gently pushed and nurtured much of the process.

The first time I donned hair and makeup and wore a complete outfit was also the first time I went out in public. I have never been closeted and really have no experience, nor can I relate to what it's like to dress exclusively at home and then just stay at home and derive enjoyment from that.

Yes I have tried to just do that but for me, it's not my natural state.

Ever since that night, I have been out all of the time. I hardly ever transform and not go somewhere. Like many others here, my appearance has changed to conform to my new life circumstances.

I've been out during the day, at night....in several cities in North America and here in my home city.

Grocery stores, malls, Macys, CVS....Starbucks...bars and clubs. Many many places over these past several months.

It's all I know. Some may be reading this and think how wonderful it might be to be out all of the time.

It is however for me, a double edged sword. Given my professional and personal circumstances, this part of my life must always be kept secret.

If I were to be found out, my job would be at risk. My friends and family would not understand or accept me.

Also, I have been out MANY times with my gf. She of course has encouraged me to go out....goes out with me alot and actually quite likes to go out with me.

But again...if we were to be seen in public and by work colleagues or friends or her family, the results would likely disastrous for her and me.

It's interesting how when your entire TG experience has centered around being out in public, it becomes rather difficult to adjust to a more closeted experience.

I am of the mind that if I was able to dispense with the need for secrecy, and not concern myself with the risks of being "outed" as they say, it would be an easier and sometimes more enjoyable experience.

Of course it's exciting to be out and yes, it can be very enjoyable but there is a downside, especially when it comprises your association and experience with being a TG.

So...being in the closet has it's advantages for some I think.

My girlfriend lives very far away. We don't see each other that often. When we're together, going out is easy, fun....enjoyable and quite frankly, it is what I associate with being a transgendered person.

But at the very beginning, because all of this was "fun and exciting" very little consideration was given to the ramifications of being discovered.

For me, that has changed. I am much more wary, very careful...even to the point of sometimes denying my feminine side which brings with it, some rather interesting feelings of anxiety.

But....as I have developed, I have had to learn to live my life as it is today on a daily basis. Going out once transformed is my normal state, but I've come to realize that in order for me to live as I am today, given that a fair amount of planning is required so as not to be discovered, doing so with reckless abandon is nothing short of dangerous.

I've grown very protective of "me"....I'm even more secretive now than ever before. I worry about the possible impact my activities may have on others, specifically my girlfriend.

As I look back during my rather short tenure as a TG, I've come to realize that all of this happened at breakneck speed. Neither I, nor my GF really paused to consider what all of this was going to mean, how it and I, along with she would evolve.

I don't even think we really knew what it would mean for our relationship.

At the time...it all seemed like just harmless "fun".

So from my perspective, all of us live our lives in terms of "this thing" according to certain rules, perspectives, behaviours etc.

Being in the closet, meaning never venturing out in public isn't for everyone and quite frankly, but being "out" all of the time isn't necessarily the most desirable option either from my perspective.

We talk alot about choices in life. I know there are many here who can relate to the notion that at some point regardless of where that point is in one's life, the fact that one is transgendered is not really a choice.

It's who we are.

I would also suggest that based on my experiences and my own personal evolution, how I was "raised" if I dare use such a descriptor, being "out" as we like to say is not a choice at all. It's all part of who I am and how I need to live.

We all feed ourselves as we need to. This is how I feed ME.

having said that ,there's something to be said I think for just getting dressed and relaxing at home. After all, once your expectations based on your own circumstances are set and hard coded, trying to change or adapt to a new paradigm isn't as easy for some as it is for others.

In a perfect world, acceptance and understanding is a given. Some of us can afford to be careless about acceptance...others not so much.

Walking the line between being the person you feel/want/need to be and conducting your life in a way that brings no shame or harm to yourself or others close to you is where the double edged sword of being "out" can potentially cut deeply.

Please do not read this and think I'm filled with regret. I'm just being realistic about me and trying to relate my own experiences within the context of this thread.

Krissie1962
01-10-2010, 04:23 PM
I was so scared to go out .I never realy did... only were I didnot have an escape . the drive thruogh counts? or does a semi lite park count? all I know is the more I ventured out the more I whanted ,and realy do wish I would quit "chickining " out to go to the grocery store or ? as a women. I get dressed as best I can ,,go and end up shivering in my panties. I have been out .. but not so much face to face . its a rush,and very addictive

tashaly
01-10-2010, 05:50 PM
I haven't gone out for a few reasons, mostly dealing with not being able to do it discreetly. First, I worry about getting out of the house without running into my landlord (he lives downstairs). Second, I don't have a car, so I don't know if I can deal with the stress of taking the subway and the glare of all the pervos riding the train, or running into people I know on the street.

Also, I don't know where to go! I don't like to go out alone in drab, much less in a pair of heels. Maybe all I need is a buddy with a car. I'm totally jealous of my sisters who travel for work, because I think it would be so much easier to go out in another town where I'd be anonymous.

MsJordan
01-10-2010, 05:56 PM
I am among the group who has never been out either but I first know I need to work on improving myself in many areas- confidence being the main one - before I make that step.

Jamz1b
01-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I dont feel like I could be passable enough to go out in my own town. I have had the luck to get a makeover while spending time in Cali, if i had more time I might have worked up some nerve to go out there. BUT that might come some other day.

For now Im a NO. ;(

NewDresser
01-10-2010, 11:09 PM
As much as I would really like to venture out and be able to blend I don't think it will ever happen. I am one of those that has no chance at passing.

Christina Horton
01-11-2010, 01:03 AM
As much as I would really like to venture out and be able to blend I don't think it will ever happen. I am one of those that has no chance at passing.

If I can do it so can you.

I think blending is fine but I don't blend and I do fine. I as I have said don't care what people think ,I blend just like oil water .People say I'm brave to go out and just have fun shopping going to my 20th high school reunion and so on. Going out should not be what others think . If you want to go out and feel you can't cuz your afraid to be laughed at , well at least you entertaining people right.

If you want to go out then do what you think you need to and maybe someday you will do what ever you want and not worrie about what other people think ,save for your family.

LisaKarenAZ
01-11-2010, 03:56 AM
I've never truly been out fully dressed before.
The closest I've been was a few years ago when I had a two hour drive between work and home. I had a little black dress, black lacetop thigh highs, panties, and bra that I would change into for my drive home on the freeway. No wig or makeup, except for lipstick or lipgloss.
I don't really consider this being out dressed, or at least what I wish I had the courage for...

Stormgirl
01-11-2010, 04:05 AM
I haven't yet but seeing as I feel the need to transition, I better start getting used to it.

And going out dressed for Halloween doesn't count for me in my book.

Tina L.
01-11-2010, 08:00 AM
I am so NON-passable that in think i should stay inside.
But i did go out dressed for a halloween party does that count?
it felt exciting as hell, my gf said i think you enjoy this way to much, that was six years ago and i finally told her that i wanted to dress in july of this year.

Tina Marie
01-11-2010, 11:29 AM
I am getting closer. I have gone as far as the hall way for Ice in a motel when I am on the road. Late night. and I have not passed anyone in the halls as of yet. I have poste a question about dressing on the road. Lots of good response. Thank you!

Tallie
01-11-2010, 12:48 PM
I have not been out dressed, other than underdressing, and really do not have the desire to go out. I'm satisfied to dress indoors, although sometimes I would like to go outside in my yard dressed.
BTW, I think this is an excellent topic and discussion. I am not offended by any suggestion that I need to do more than I am comfortable with. I have always felt comfortable with this group even though I do not dress as much as others here.
Tallie

helena.gcd
01-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi girls!!!!!
i've just arrived home from my first "walk around your neighborhood adventure":D:D
well, it there has been a bit of cheating on this, because it was 2 A.M. of a very cold monday night and i really hoped not to see anyone around the city center :o:o but unfortunately my wishes didn't came true.

Before getting out of my house, i listened carefully to any sound coming from the street. only when i was sure that there was no one outside i was able of going to the street. i was sooooo nervous!!!! i tried to make up my mind and decided just to walk a little to calm down. i got a real blast when i first saw my reflection on the window of a store close to my house:):) i was trying to concentrate just in walking like a lady, but it was very difficult due to the huge sound that my heels were doing on an empty street (i got the feeling that everyone on the street were about to look outside to figure what was going on outside)
after walking a little more i tried to take some pictures, but the result wasn't very good because i was still very nervous and didn't want to be surprised in the middle of a photoshot on an empty street dressed like a lady.

Suddenly, i heard two male voices coming in my direction. They were speaking loudly and I didn't want to be seen by two young teenagers that could get me in some trouble, so as i had about 100 meters advantage to them, i decided to walk to a close square where there are a couple of hotels so i could ask for help if necessary. I was really scared and i discovered that i can't walk very fast on heels:doh::doh:. i could hear them approaching and i was just trying to walk like a lady that was just going home and luckily they turned at a corner when they where about to pass by my side. i exhaled in relief.

At that point i thought that it was enough for my first night out, so i headed home. The heels sounded even higher, i thought. At the end of the street i could see the square were my house is. There where a couple of policemen on his car at the square. Anyone else wants to go for a walk on a freeze monday night? oh my god!!! why this neighborhood is so busy?:Angry3::Angry3::Angry3: well, i kept walking and if they tell me something i hope that it is not one of the lots of policemen that i know in my city. I'm just about 20 meters from my house's door. A boy in early 20's is in my way. He's walking in another direction. He looks at me. We are about 10 meters away one from the other. No strange looks. Just one discreet look at me. Oh My God. A pair of legs like mine on a cold night and just one look!!!!!! what the hell happens with him???

finally i arrive home. I have spent no more than 30 minutes outside, but they have been the most intense 30 minutes in my life. I know that this has been the first time of a lot to come:daydreaming:.

i really wanted to share this with you, girls.
thanks for reading!!!! love to read your opinions.
there you have a picture of me at the outside. please forgive the quality and not smiling, but i was soooo nervous.

hugs

ne11y
01-12-2010, 03:09 AM
Does wearing lingerie or bikinis under my male clothes count? I've ventured as far as my garage in full dress and pretended to be biking somewhere, well more like around the garage in circle.

Beyond that, I haven't had opportunites to full try to dress out in public. Its even harder now that I've moved into an apartment building where i know my my neighbors..

Being Paige
01-12-2010, 07:17 PM
I have been out many times, from walking the malls shopping to walking to the local g/l bars. I have also been out for lunch at a local restaurant. I have also gone to the hairdressers/ salon to try on wigs and purchase them. The girls there has always treated me nicely. I hate being stuck in the house for too long.

Tisha Ann Ryan
01-12-2010, 08:16 PM
I just recently discovered my femine person so I am busy putting my wardrobe together and learning lots of very new things.
I bought wigs from China last week on Ebay ... good price ... should show up in 2 weeks. My next purchase will be next month, shoes and dresses. None of my wife's clothing fits... much smaller person, so I cannot borrow. I am still working on makeup and need to buy my own ... hopefully next month also.
I keep reading about all the different conferences and events hosted and especially the cruise Tri-ESS is hosting for Hallowe'en and I think that would be an excellent time to come out. My fantasy anyhow.
It will happen some time this year, has to happen in a distant city, and will be looking for support group to go with.
I am really looking forward to the exhilaration of the adrenalin rush from being en femme. I want to do it up right ... and be passable before i go.
Tisha

Heather J
01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Never been out, Don't want to scare the little kids and old ladies.:D

Heather J.

sesissy
01-13-2010, 08:09 PM
I have not been out. I would never pass, being 6'2" and weighing 250. However, my girlfriend wants to go out with me dressed enfemme to a local Halloween party next year. I'm all up for it and I've already began putting together my outfit.

sometimes_miss
01-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Well, I haven't been out in public dressed as a female because I don't see any reason to. I want to meet and date women, not men, and I have yet to meet any women clamoring to meet guys dressed up like girls. Beautiful female attire, hair and make up is designed to attract men. I don't want to attract men. Until such a time that there is a known place I can find women who are attracted to crossdressers, I see no reason to go out dressed as a woman.

Christina Horton
01-22-2010, 03:35 AM
You know I was thinking , we all should pick an upcoming Movie that is like the tooth fairy ( that I am going to on opening day tomorrow dressed) with the rock and all go dressed. On the same day like we do with the rubber band day. I think it would be cool to have a bunch of us girls to go On mass. Any Ideas on a movie down the road? Maybe I should make that a new thread what do you all think?

Jun-chan
01-22-2010, 04:36 PM
I haven't yet but I don't want to push it. I want to do it when it feels natural I guess.

Susan Thomas
01-22-2010, 08:40 PM
I would love to go out to the mall dressed or especially go on an airliner flight. I do go out underdressed all of the time. Earlier this year I was on a business trip to Boston. I was wearing a soft cup white bra and panties under my drab cloths. I was eating lunch at a McDonalds. It was winter and I was wearing a sweater over a long sleeve white tee shirt. It was quite warm in the McDonalds and I decided to take off my sweater. I am quite sure my white bra was quite visible under my white tee shirt. I am not sure if anyone noticed, but I did feel just a little bit more feminine. Does anyone know if a soft cup bra (leotard back) shows very much under an opaque polo shirt? I have never spotted any tell-tale signs of other CD's underdressing.

Tina Marie
01-25-2010, 07:19 PM
I have not been out enfem as of yet. The closest I have been out enfem was down the hall to a ice machine. This was at a hotel. Did not even see anyone. One of these days I will go for a drive. One step at a time.

Tina Marie
01-25-2010, 07:21 PM
I have gone out with my fem underthings on under my male clothes. (Not the same)

MimiLee
01-25-2010, 07:42 PM
I've haven't gone out fully dressed either. I've dated a couple guys in the past that were very encouraging and wanted to take me out dressed, but I was never ready to step out to the public in my heels

Lara Smith
01-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Never. And don't feel the need.

Sedona
01-26-2010, 05:34 AM
I haven't gone out en femme, other than Halloween. I find myself wanting to more these days for walks in the park and the like, but my wife forbids it. Needless to say, causing a bit of tension. I'd rather go without than be dishonest to her.

kimdl93
01-26-2010, 11:48 AM
I can't say I'll ever be out in public, but never say never, right. i am never going to pass, but I might be tempted at a costume party...I know my wife would get a kick out of it!

Christina Horton
01-26-2010, 12:01 PM
I can't say I'll ever be out in public, but never say never, right. i am never going to pass, but I might be tempted at a costume party...I know my wife would get a kick out of it!

As I have said before if I can go out and have no problems you can to. Look at my pic and you will see I don't fully pass and I have wide shoulder so. There is hope hun just get all done up ,makeup hair etc , and just do it. You will feel nervous but it will be fun fun fun.

mylieanna
01-26-2010, 09:28 PM
im too afraid i will run into someone i know and they realise its me, thats not something that i would want to deal with. but maybe someday when im far away from home, and i get some guts, who knows.

Christina Horton
03-01-2010, 02:52 AM
im too afraid i will run into someone i know and they realise its me, thats not something that i would want to deal with. but maybe someday when im far away from home, and i get some guts, who knows.

Look at it this way , you fully dressed and at the mall , you see a friend who does not know this side of you , since he/she is not looking for you dressed as a girl they will not look hard at you right away. If they do look at you , you can turn and walk away. If they thought you looked like someone they knew chances are it won't be your male side. And if they ask you and say something like " I saw someone whom looked like you at the mall " you say " oh did you talk to him" they say " oh it was a women I think or could have been a man dressed as one ". You say " oh was she pretty?" and so on. If you never say it was you they most likely won't press it. Most people are good with it as long as it's " not in my famliy ". Now that's just a general point. If someone you know see and then knows it was you and tells everybody well that's just the risk we all take. Unless your out to everybody it's allways a risk. But that's also the fun of it , the thrill of allmost getting caught. So if you don't try it you'll never have fun and be truly happy. Just my :2c: worth.

Princess Ludwyna
03-01-2010, 03:41 AM
I don't plan going out cause of many reasons. The main one is that i don't need it. CD is just for me. It's a personal egoist thing. A secret garden.
I don't feel (and i never) felt a need to go out and show myself to others. I don't find any excitement for me in going out.

Other reason is the look of my outfit. People wanting to go out don't go in a gothic/victorian princess outfit with a frilly ruffle skirt, velvet corset, and high heels lace up boots.
Going out is a kind of test for people who wants to know if they can 'pass" as a woman and if they can mix in a crowd getting unnoticed.
With that attire, forget it lol. And as it's my little fetish outfit and i want only that one, it's pointless.

Third reason : going out for what purpose? I have no cd friends around.

Fourth reason : i'm a superheroine, i have to keep my secret identity lol.

I don't need to prove anything to myself.

I 'm a loner i don't like crowd nor the human genre lol.

There are other reasons but i don't have them in mind right now.

As to conclude, each time i read a post where it's about "level of crossdressing" i'm pissed. Hey don't we have enough competition in today's society? CD is not a serious thing come on, it's all about fun. What next? Ratings? Bah...

Oh i forgot i went out once! Sorry. It was at parent's friends for a new year's eve. With a friend of mine. And we were drunk and the host and his children and my sister wanted to make it a feast so they pushed us to wear make up and stuff just to see if we would dare.

We did but asked for more champagne as a counterpart. The result was errh... because the girls outrageously put make up on our faces (i hate when there's too much make up. We're not clowns, we're CDressers).
Pics were taken. Had fun. Period.

suzy1
03-01-2010, 03:47 AM
Go out dressed up, not me! I know I look good as Suzy, I have worked hard over the years to do so but I just don't need to. Talking to you girls on this site is fine by me.

Love Suzy

SusanLCD
03-01-2010, 05:54 AM
I wanted the experience. So, on a recent evening, encouraged by the postings I've read on this site, I prepped myself as best I know how and <drum roll> left the house.

I drove around alone in my pickup (don't have a car) and, after daring myself to do so, I stopped for fuel. (Debit card and automated fuel pumps reduced the challenge of possible human interface.)

As I stood at the fuel pump, I expected that the "perversion police" would suddenly swoop down, place me under a spotlight, announce over a loudspeaker to everyone present that I was mentally unstable, then haul me away to a brainwashing facility where I would be shown the error of my ways. (As "Clockwork Orange", I guess.)

It didn't happen. None of that happened. Just like everyone here has said, no one even noticed! I was just one more person going about her tasks.

The downside? I realize, now, as others have said, that it is also addictive. Ain't it great?

So, I want to express a sincere "thank you" to all of you that have shared your experiences and suggested this was possible. :bighug:

switcheralso
03-01-2010, 06:22 AM
Maybe in Vegas this year.

jettjenny
03-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Not out yet. Just trying to get the right look first.

ChainedJane
03-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Part of me wants to go out, part of me doesn't, and part of me wonders what the point is. I like it when people share my hobbies or at least take an interest in them so it would be nice to go out and get some feedback (direct or indirect), but I don't want to be shunned or made fun of. Then again, why bother? I'm not transgendered, I'm just a dude with a feminine side that I like to indulge from time to time, and I don't need to be dressed in public. On the other hand, it would be nice to be able to leave the house if needed when I am dressed, it sucks so have to drab down just to go pick my fiance up from work, hit the convenience store, or grab some burgers.

So yeah, I'd like to go out, but it's not important for me and until I can do so without drawing too much attention I think I'll stay inside.

Tina P Hose
03-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Sometimes I take out the garbage fully dressed, and that is like
maybe 10 steps. Funny thing, once back inside, I think of Neil Armstrong.

JustWendy
03-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Sometimes I take out the garbage fully dressed, and that is like
maybe 10 steps. Funny thing, once back inside, I think of Neil Armstrong.

Isn't it the truth :). I'm with you Tina.

Madilyn A.
03-01-2010, 06:29 PM
I have not been out other than immediately outside my home..... when travelling, in a motel or hotel; would go to the ice and vending machines usually close to my room, out to my car, sit on the balcony etc. Just call me chicken !! Hopefully one day, as I would love to get out and meet some of you girls and party !!.......Madilyn:daydreaming:

sexotik
03-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Pencil me in. I haven't been in the open dressed. Would love though.

GwenPH
03-01-2010, 07:39 PM
I've haven't made it out yet either. While the thought crosses my mind all the time, my nerves hold me back. That and the fact that I wouldn't even know where to try going first. My fiance offered to take me out for something to eat on Halloween dressed (first and last time, so far). But I didn't go through with it (now I regret not going for it). It is important to me that I do someday, I'm just waiting for the right time and place.

jenifer m.
03-01-2010, 08:26 PM
havent been out as jenifer in about three years,but im planning on doing it agen.the only big problem i have is around a year ago i started body building and ive tripled in over all size so its gonna be real tough to pass.now days,but im adventureous so im still gonna try im not gonna let 19 inch arms stop me ha ha ill just have to use a jacket or sweater.

GingerLeigh
03-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I cannot go out. Where I'm from I'd be lynched for sure! It's OK though, I don't need to go out, I'd never pass anyway. I think it would be kind of fun though if there were others with me!

Ginger

2cutekatie
03-01-2010, 09:27 PM
katie hasnt been out yet either, still pretty new. i dont why it is so important to me but i will make it out one day, maybe soon. i think part of it is that i think I could pass very easily. my problem would be that i would want dress to sexy, I mean thats the only stuff I want to wear.

eileendover
03-01-2010, 09:32 PM
As a teen, I once went out dressed on our front porch to get the mail. I was back inside in about 20 seconds.
Many years later, I went to a Halloween party wearing a nurse uniform, but not as a gurl (no makeup or wig).

This time around, I've only been doing this for a few months, and haven't reached the point of assembling my whole femme self yet.
So far, I'm thinking I'll be staying in. But I know better than to say never.

erin8042
03-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Nope not me, i would love to though. I have zero chance of looking like a girl.

echo
03-01-2010, 11:21 PM
My very best friend is really encouraging me on this whole thing. She is the only one who knows. Now, I wouldn't mind doing a halloween at the local gay club where everyone and thier dog will be in drag. But, just to hit a random public spot.....I am thinking....H%LL NO!!!

Ladies..I am 6'2" when I slouch. I refuse to wear flats and with my stillettos I easily push 6'7"-6'8". Don't misunderstand, I am indeed an attention ho-wer (texas pronunciation) I am quite used to standing out in a crowd. I got my actual photo on my profile and anyone can tell I just do not blend in. But, that is on my own terms. I just keep getting this mental image of an episode of "COPS" with a squad car rolling around a corner and some giant queen (me) going all "BraveHeart" on some bozo who don't know when to shut up.....

I think I will be better off just dancing around my house and watching my dogs give each other really puzzled looks.

amandak_tv
03-01-2010, 11:51 PM
I think I've used this expression here before but Amanda is strictly an indoor pet. My wife would have it no other way, and since she's so supportive and accepting of my dressing at home, I can live with that arrangement. There have been the occasional Halloween adventures over the years, but always far from home to respect her comfort level.

I'll be honest and say that if I were a more petite girl I'd probably have an easier time convincing her to go out with me dressed, but my build is all wrong.

LisaAlexander
03-02-2010, 01:23 AM
I think my case is a little bit different.. aside from the fact I'm not "out of the CD closet" I don't think I'll ever go out dressed. I have a mild case of Social Anxiety and it limits the things I do, I can't even go out with a hat, I love hats, like derbys and perubian knitted hats.. I go out and freeze, I feel like everyone is watching, get very hot, my heart races, my mind is blank and I only get more and more selfaware, I get very uncomfortable.. and that's only with a hat, or a different hair cut..

but besides, the only person I think should know is my girlfriend (maybe a friend or two) and hopefully in the future share the experience with her and maybe even have some "girl time" teehee...

LisaMallon
03-02-2010, 02:34 AM
That's me to a tee. Never been out (exept the garden). But that is definitely going to change.

Just trying to organise hooking up with some support/social groups.

March, definitely March ... or April ...

crusadergirl
03-02-2010, 02:52 AM
i guess it depends on what you mean by gone out dressed. I go outside in the day time dressed i'm sure ppl have seen me. i don't go out driving are shopping. Just like to make videos outside and go skating near my house. With the clothes I like to wear i think its better i'm not in the public eye. So i have been out just not very much.

Ashley S
03-02-2010, 06:42 AM
I guess I've never gone out fully dressed, with forms, heels, makeup, etc.

I've underdressed, and I dressed as a girl for halloween once in college, I had a bit of makeup on, but I didn't shave anything, paint my nails, or have proper shoes or forms.

So no, I've never been out fully dressed, and only partially dressed for halloween.

Raychel
03-02-2010, 06:57 AM
I still have only been out once for Haloween. Doesn't really count. But I do have to update. I was on Vacation at my Uncle's house. (he is also a crossdresser) I was able to dress whenever I wanted for a few days at least. Still didn't step outside. But it was still nice to be able to dress for dinner.

Susie
03-02-2010, 07:14 AM
I haven't. I don't have the clothes for it yet, apart from anything else. I like the idea of it, though I'll have to wait and see how I feel about my 'look' (whatever that turns out to be!).

girlygirl02
03-02-2010, 09:37 AM
i have been wanting to but i dont have a full outfit and no wig nothing and not the perfect outfit plus i havent been able to work up the nerve to do it either since i still live my parents and they hate my cding

ladyz
03-02-2010, 10:16 AM
o god never! but i wear panties 100% of the time and when its cold and have a jacket on i will wear a bra and it feels great! also tights under my jeans sometimes!

blksweetcd
03-02-2010, 10:41 AM
I have never been out dressed. The most I have done is maybe go check the mail at night en femme and a little driving around. One of these days, I'll work up the nerve to go a bit further.

gigiluv
03-02-2010, 03:12 PM
I have only been active for a few weeks. I have fantisiced about how I would go out, but in the end it would mean divorce, and dismissal from my job. I am only 5 years from retirement so I won't risk it.

Perhaps, someday when I have more support I will. For now, its closetville

Gigi :daydreaming:

laceyjessica
03-02-2010, 04:42 PM
I havent been out yet, the day I went for a professional makeover I was suppose to dance the night away as Jessica and then my wife descidd not to go out of town at the last minute, maybe next time

tricia_uktv
03-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Ok, from experience - I will be out and everywhere in the next five days (but still have to come back and do my drab day job. It pays for the frocks you know).

- If you don't want to go out then don't. Enjoy the thought in your mind.

- If you do tread slowly and carefully

- Start in a t-friendly place. Go away from home if you wou may hurt anybody.

- Its much easier than you would imagine out there.

- Stick to crowds. To start off with you will be scared of people but that soon passes. You are safer in a crowd of people than on your own.

- Don't get over-worried about how you look. Real girls have bad days too!

- Build up attitude and confidence. That will get you through, not how good you look.

- Its easier the first few times if you have someone to go out with t-girl or otherwise.

- Have fun and smile, smile, smile. Look people in the eye. Wink and show
them you are enjoying yourself.

It took me about a year to be comfortable doing it but now try stopping me!

Imogen_Mann
03-02-2010, 05:36 PM
I've been out.... At night... In the car.... at 2am.

Fear and lack of anyone who's already been somewhere to go anywhere with keep me at home.

:-(

marcy77
03-02-2010, 06:02 PM
I have gone out dressed several dozen times in the last 14 years . I have gone out shopping, out to clubs, dressed up for halloween and costume parties, gone around the block to get some gas, gone to the movies, to friends houses just to hang out and just out alone in the dark at 2 in the morning. BUT, I've dressed differently for different occasions. If I go to a club or an understanding friends house or just to go out by myself at 2a.m. I'll dress more feminine. But if I go out in public I dress more conservitive.

Doing it wasn't VERY hard. The way I got over the fear is to start small and build from there. In the begining I would work up the nerve to shave my arm hair and to feel comfortable JUST doing that. Then I would shave my legs and see how I could keep calm when wearing shorts. Then I would wear clear nail polish and see if I got any looks. Then I grew my hair out and defended my hairstyle to people saying that it is my body and I can do what I want. Little by little you whittle away at your fear and learn acceptance of yourself and peoples questions and learn that most people don't really care what you wearing.

That was the part that was REALLY hard for me to understand. MOST PEOPLE DON'T CARE. Think about all the times you've been out in drab and not been noticed by anyone or when you've been out you fail to remember one person that you met that day. People don't really notice others and get involved in other peoples lives and personal business.

When I go out dressed to the mall I don't dress to impress, I'll wear a womans t-shirt and jeans with some loafers and a little foundation. I'm 6'2" and would stand out with my minidress and platforms. In public with kids around I try to blend in with the crowd. Maybe I still need to work up to the dress but for now I'm very comfortable with my progress.

Lynn Marie
03-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Working up a plan and the courage. There is a transformation outfit in Seattle that I'm considering very seriously. I'm 6'4". It's going to be hard to pass in 5 inch heels which are my favorite. My first night time drive around town will be first.

Christina Horton
03-11-2010, 11:08 PM
I wanted the experience. So, on a recent evening, encouraged by the postings I've read on this site, I prepped myself as best I know how and <drum roll> left the house.

I drove around alone in my pickup (don't have a car) and, after daring myself to do so, I stopped for fuel. (Debit card and automated fuel pumps reduced the challenge of possible human interface.)

As I stood at the fuel pump, I expected that the "perversion police" would suddenly swoop down, place me under a spotlight, announce over a loudspeaker to everyone present that I was mentally unstable, then haul me away to a brainwashing facility where I would be shown the error of my ways. (As "Clockwork Orange", I guess.)

It didn't happen. None of that happened. Just like everyone here has said, no one even noticed! I was just one more person going about her tasks.

The downside? I realize, now, as others have said, that it is also addictive. Ain't it great?

So, I want to express a sincere "thank you" to all of you that have shared your experiences and suggested this was possible. :bighug:

"perversion police"....... I never worried about them in my first time out. I never had any guilt in my dressing even when I was in the closet .

The downside...... Well i guess you could say that , it will cost you more money cuz the more you go out the more clothes you'll need cuz you won't want the SA's and the people you see En-Fem to see you wearing the same thing all the time. even if you only dress once a month. GG will know that you the last time she saw you that you wore that outfit last time. So have fun and shop shop shop!!!!

Not out yet. Just trying to get the right look first.

Well the right look is makeup that is not over the top and nice clothes. Other then that your ready.

Pencil me in. I haven't been in the open dressed. Would love though.

Then what's stopping you? I would like to know!

I've haven't made it out yet either. While the thought crosses my mind all the time, my nerves hold me back. That and the fact that I wouldn't even know where to try going first.

Well if you want a good place to go then go to the biggest mall you can find and go shopping there. Go to the grocery store , go to a night club , the bank , the laundry mat , go bowling , etc.

My fiance offered to take me out for something to eat on Halloween dressed (first and last time, so far). But I didn't go through with it (now I regret not going for it). It is important to me that I do someday, I'm just waiting for the right time and place.

The right time is now, if you wait you might find that your waiting a long time and may never go out . The longer you wait the bigger chance you may never. Life is way to short , so why wait.........

I cannot go out. Where I'm from I'd be lynched for sure! It's OK though, I don't need to go out, I'd never pass anyway. I think it would be kind of fun though if there were others with me!

Ginger

If you really don't want to go out then you do what you want. You live in Ontario right? Then I would say you can go out and no one would care your dressed . Just my thoughts on it.

Oh I don't pass and I go out. People treat you the way your dressed and I have never had a prob. You IF you want to you can to. Saying I Can't is not something I like to say to myself. I like to say I can I just don't want to do..... If you want to go out don't let the fact you won't pass or think you can't pass, just try you never know you might just have the time of your life. Or not. It's all up to you.

Karinsamatha
03-11-2010, 11:22 PM
I have three or four times just not very far. however stopping to put gas in was the biggest rush. Will do more this year! :D

SandraInHose
03-13-2010, 03:56 PM
I would absolutely LOVE to go out dressed, but I'm built like a NFL linebacker. Still I constantly fantasize about walking around the mall or going to a club all dressed up and made up. To feel all feminized and sexy, and passable out in public would be one of my three wishes if I ever find that genie!

I've walked around the back yard at night, and I have driven around while dressed, but no wig or makeup. I've gone out to the desert while dressed completely, but I go way out where there isn't much chance of running into anybody.

Cassandra Lynn
03-13-2010, 04:08 PM
I was to have gone with a GG friend of mine to a salon for the "works", to a wig shop, and then to some alternative clubs, today and this evening. She had something come up and i had not got everything together i needed, so we've put it off for a few more weeks. I could have went myself for just the makeover and wig, but it would have all come right back off since i live with my brother, plus doing it with others will be so much more fun. Turned out for the better, winter came back here today. Stay tuned, "Operation Cassie is Born" will relaunch soon. :daydreaming: mj :daydreaming:

Crissy Kay
03-13-2010, 04:30 PM
I just have no real interest in going out enfemm, or trying to pass. Altho, I still enjoy reading the posts of girls who do go out!!! Most of it has to do with the fact that I don"t care for street clothes, or everyday type womens wear for myself.

Lynn Marie
03-13-2010, 04:58 PM
I've never been out dressed. That won't be true tomorrow. I'm only a little scared. Very excited though.

TxKimberly
03-13-2010, 06:32 PM
I go out because life is far too short and fleeting for me to spend it miserable and scared. When I reach the end, I don't want to look back at a long list of things I wish I had done . . .

Robyn2006
03-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Great thread! For me, I really have no need to go out, I just love the thrill and inner peace of becoming femme, the woman I so wish I was born. Of course, it would certainly be nice to party around with like minded girls, to share first hand, but haven't some deep need to be seen or accepted. On another note entirely, I do have a deep desire to be with a man, to know what it's like to live-out a dream date and all that that entails, which would certainly require getting out there. But that's a subject for another post...

Robyn

wishing2bali
03-13-2010, 08:33 PM
I have gone out driving once at about midnight while dressed. Felt nice, but still had the desire to be amongst the people, so to speak.
I'm excited to announce that next saturday I will be going to the salon to get my hair, makeup and possibly a mani done. After that I will be driving, in the daytime mind you, to meet a fellow sister, and kinda go shopping in her store trying on everything I can for the remainder of the day. Casual clothes, gowns, maybe a wedding dress :daydreaming: not sure if I will have the courage for that though. Along with getting dressed we will be taking pictures of all the outfits I will be trying on, and posting the ones I like on the site. Time permitting, and if I feel confident enough in my appearance (I do feel fairly confident I'll be able to pass :battingeyelashes:) maybe go to the mall and shop for a while :) I'm sooo nervous, but quite excited at the same time. Wish me luck girls...

Paige Winslow
03-14-2010, 02:26 AM
1st, my wife just commented last night watching Larry King that crossdressing is disgusting. So there's one reason.
2nd reason is fear. I would have to go out with a bunch of others for support
3rd reason is lack of opportunity

Pepper2783
03-14-2010, 03:05 AM
I have never been out in my skirt. Cause I don't have one. YET.

Briana Blonde
03-14-2010, 03:18 AM
Never been out.

fun4metoo2004
03-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Me. I don't think I will ever get to that point.

claire gal
03-14-2010, 02:58 PM
i have been out with my silky underwear on and with plain black
womens trousers and womens blouse - girly clothes that look
masculine (oh for wanting to go out dressed femme)

RADER
03-14-2010, 03:57 PM
I will never pass, so the thought of going out is only a dream.
Besides that, it is one of the peskey little rules about dressing from my
wife. "Do not go out"
I do underdress, and go out, but that is allowed. Rader

Mandy
03-14-2010, 04:02 PM
When I CD'd 20 years ago, I used to go out twice a week, Unfotunatly not got the figure for it now, but I'm working on it & hopefully sometime this year I will venture out:daydreaming:

veronica
03-14-2010, 06:23 PM
I have not finished enjoying my own company and not ready to share.:)

It's okay I didn't believe that either.:believeit:

SuzanneS
03-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Well if you want a good place to go then go to the biggest mall you can find and go shopping there. Go to the grocery store , go to a night club , the bank , the laundry mat , go bowling , etc. .
I tried that list night as a matter of fact...right around midnite at a Wal-mart...I made it to the doors and chickened out.:sad:
I stopped to fill up and gas, and stopped a couple of other places to stretch my legs, but didn't really get anywhere with a crowd or brightly lit places.
Hopefully, I'm just slowly getting over being scared...I am pretty happy that I'm not so afraid of getting in the truck and taking a short roadtrip now!

I gotta admit Christina....you are an inspiration to me!:thumbsup: