PDA

View Full Version : Dressed at a London party on New Years Eve!!!

KateW
01-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Hi girls,

I had an unexpected treat on New years eve and wanted to share it with you. My wife and I got tickets to a massive party in London and I found out that it had a Roman toga theme. We went to the fancy dress shop on thursday morning and my wife and I found matching white knee-length togas. Being December I said to her that we should also both wear some tights to keep warm. She agreed and we went tights shopping together, and both picked out some nude sheer tights. I live quite a distance from London so had great fun arriving at the train station wearing essentially a white dress and tights (with freshly shaved legs on display beneath!). Apart from going to the Rocky Horror Show many years ago, this was my first experience of going outside with noticably female style clothes on.

I got a LOT of comments at the train station - all positive, from guys, old ladies, children and station staff. The journey there was relatively hassle free as I got a direct train to London and walked a short distance to the event. The party itself was great fun, and of course I was the only guy there with tights on. While a lot of people looked at my legs in passing, I was surprised by how many men I caught taking repeated long looks at them!

At the end of the party I accidentally broke the leaf thing that I'd been wearing round my head. Or in other words, the only thing that confirmed that I was definitely wearing a fancy dress costume, and not just a dress and tights in public! In addition to my shoulder length blonde hair and earrings I was sporting. This made me slightly nervous, as it was 3am and there were a lot of drunk, rowdy people in town. The transport system was hell at this time and we had to literally walk for miles through the snowy streets between taking the underground and the 4 connecting trains home. I still got a lot of comments along the way from everyone including policemen and a skinhead, who surprisingly just said "nice legs you've got there!". There were some uncomfortable silences on one of the overcrowded trains as a few drunken macho types tried to work me out, but I tried to remain confident and unphased so got off the train without incident. A couple of people at the station also took photos of me and waved as they got on their train.

I finally got home at 5:30am, completely freezing but feeling thoroughly exhilerated having travelled home from London on the busiest night on the year. It honestly was the best feeling in the world and has done the world of good for my confidence. What a fantastic way to start 2010!

Happy new year to you all!

Kate xxxx

Aubrey Green
01-02-2010, 12:40 AM
Kate, other then a long, exhausting and cool evening. It sounded like the night was totally fun and a great success. Congrats!!!
:hugs:

KateW
01-02-2010, 01:40 AM
Thanks Aubrey! xxx

sherri52
01-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Sounds like you still had a great night. Sorry the ending was so cold for you, but your memory will last a lifetime.

Rianna Humble
01-02-2010, 08:44 AM
Hi Kate,

Thank you for sharing this with us. Sounds like a fun time preparing with your wife and a great night out :)

Bit of a pity about breaking your laurel crown, and the walking :sad: but I'm glad it didn't spoil the evening for you altogether.

I look forward to seeing photos of the matching togas, tights etc.

KateW
01-02-2010, 09:00 PM
It was indeed fun getting ready! We even joked that we have been a couple for too long as we have started wearing matching outfits. Now I need to find another party so that I have an excuse to do it again! Hopefully I will get to the stage where I don't need one though...