PDA

View Full Version : Went shopping for the wife...

JamieOH
01-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Went to Fashion Bug, to pick up a new top for the wife.. was taking pics, and texting them to her... Then she announced she was almost there.. crap.. I had picked out a couple nice things for me as well.. so I put them on a near by rack.. one was a cute little pink and grey nightdress.. and the other was a white and black chemise, with a pretty design.. After she got there, we went through what I had picked for her.. and she actually liked a few choices.. I was surprised.. Got her to buy a couple things she never would have if I wasnt pleading with her..

And, well, I gathered all my guts together, and showed her what I picked out for me.. I knew the chemise was a goner immediatly, she hates spaghetti straps, let alone on me... hehe. but to my surprise, she grabbed the cute pink and grey nightdress... SO, I put it on that night and guess what, as I'm trying it on, my 12 year old bursts in and says, "WHAT THE ??? Dad wearsa DRESS!!!!" Geeez....isnt this great... what next? The follies continue...

Shelly Preston
01-02-2010, 07:03 PM
It looks like you may have to have a little explaining to do to your 12 year old

jenna_woods
01-02-2010, 07:18 PM
what are you telling your 12 year old??

BLUE ORCHID
01-02-2010, 08:10 PM
LUCY you got some splainen to do!

KristinSkye
01-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Went to Fashion Bug, to pick up a new top for the wife.. was taking pics, and texting them to her... Then she announced she was almost there.. crap.. I had picked out a couple nice things for me as well.. so I put them on a near by rack.. one was a cute little pink and grey nightdress.. and the other was a white and black chemise, with a pretty design.. After she got there, we went through what I had picked for her.. and she actually liked a few choices.. I was surprised.. Got her to buy a couple things she never would have if I wasnt pleading with her..

And, well, I gathered all my guts together, and showed her what I picked out for me.. I knew the chemise was a goner immediatly, she hates spaghetti straps, let alone on me... hehe. but to my surprise, she grabbed the cute pink and grey nightdress... SO, I put it on that night and guess what, as I'm trying it on, my 12 year old bursts in and says, "WHAT THE ??? Dad wearsa DRESS!!!!" Geeez....isnt this great... what next? The follies continue...

haha, oh jeez...have fun with that.

Kerigirl2009
01-02-2010, 10:45 PM
This is my wifes biggest fear, I hope all works out well

Shawnacdin
01-02-2010, 11:53 PM
My wife and I are having our first child in March and this is her worst fear. I am not sure how I will tell the kids but I have some time before I have to explain myself.

marny
01-03-2010, 01:26 AM
maybe you should put a lock on the door, .... or maybe this was your way of coming out! :eek:

JamieOH
01-03-2010, 05:59 AM
well, so far I havent mentioned it again.. but it's the second time he has seen me in something femme... and he hasnt mentioned it again..

not exactly my idea of the best way to tell him, Hey son, look I'm wearin a nightie! yeah, that aint the best.

Bethany38
01-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Jamie,
This may not be what you want to hear. When I came out last summer the first person my wife and I told was our thirteen yr. old Son. I was really amazed by his reaction, it went something like; "why are you telling me this?." He honestly could have cared less. As far as he is concerned I am still the same Father I have always been. He just knows more of me now. He was twelve when he was told and it has done him no harm. Children are amazingly resiliant. As long as they are loved, taken care of, and given structure in their environment, they can handle just about anything that Mom and Dad tell them about themselves. Now I am not saying that he is not a little weirded out when he sees me dressed, but I bet he has a head start to understanding life, and treating all people with respect. I hope all goes well when your Wife and yourself decide to tell your Son.

Jessie.tv
01-03-2010, 10:42 AM
well, I'm worrying for the same thing, one day my son will be old enough that I'll can't dress at home anymore...I know for sure I can't live without dressing. well that may come maybe the same way as you came out of the closet :o)
hope both you and your son will come to an understanding....maybe he will dress too...

Amymonroe
01-03-2010, 10:45 AM
i went internet shopping for the wife just now does that count?

amy

MarcieBflo
01-03-2010, 11:33 AM
I would prefer to keep kids out of it, if possible. I do not believe a 12-13 year old kid male or female has the maturity level to deal with it, Its hard enough growing up with all the media distractions etc. As a parent one should be thinking whats best for your kid & not you, I do have a daughter now 23 and she knows nothing, However at 23, think she could deal with it . .. Wish you happiness & the best of luck !!!

JamieOH
01-03-2010, 02:39 PM
yes, I dont wish this on him.. As much as I enjoy it, and realize it is who I am, and a part of me I have never been able to get rid of.. It is still something that is frowned upon, and despised by mainstream society, and goes against all tht the MORAL GOOD has deemed appropriate for us. therefore, no I dont wish him to dress.. I would not hinder his ablility to wear what he wants though..

He had a kid at a school he went to recently, we'll call him Joe. Anyway Joe wore girls berets and hairbands, and wore girls shoes, and sometimes girls uniform blouses instead of shirts.. and wore girl jeans.. his parents let him wear what HE wanted.. He got tormented terribly by the other kids. But I was surprised, and proud to see my son was his only friend there.. I know he can handle what I do, but I see that kid and I know my own torment and my own demons runnin in my head, and I dont wish that on anyone.. ESPECIALLY my own son.. This that we do, is odd, and believe me, if I could take a magic pill that made me never want to dress again, and never miss it, I would throw the pill away.. I know I'm hooked..

But as for explaining it to him.. I think he just wrote it off.. He's seen me in nightshirts for along time.. this time it was just pink and grey, and definitely more fem than previous ones.. But he is at that age where things are different for him.. And he has a crush on Hannah Montana( I KNOW I KNOW) and I do tease him sometimes that We'll get him some hannah underwear, so he'll have her even closer to him.. stuff like that.. he wears a hannah montana shirt to bed, it's a womens shirt, and he knows it, but it's Hannah so it's alright... ;)

JamieOH
01-03-2010, 02:43 PM
I do not believe a 12-13 year old kid male or female has the maturity level to deal with it,

Heck WE as ADULTS arent mature enough to deal with it, how can we expect them to be.. I dont know about you, but I certainly cant really EXPLAIN why it is that I do this.. other than this is me, and I can't NOT do it. And I have tried..

JenniferR771
01-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Well I went to support group at a couples house. The kids 19 and 21 got in line and were fine with 20 cds and 6 wives sitting around eating too much food at the potluck. And the grandchild, about 7 was fine with it too.

charlytuna
01-03-2010, 08:40 PM
I got busted by my son once but thenhe was 20, still living at home. He left to go on a date so I lock the door and got dress , wig and all, started to some house work then he comes busting IN. He just look at me I yelled something at him and I ran out of the room and he left but nothing was ever said and he still treats memas a dad that was about 8yrs ago

marny
01-04-2010, 12:27 AM
I've said this before and I'll say it again. ANYONE who referrs to theirs spouse as ' THE WIFE" is an uspeakable bonehead. Take that and sit sir!

JamieOH
01-04-2010, 06:47 AM
You can put a man in a dress, but sometimes, you can't take the stupid outta the man.. I know.. tsk tsk.. The Wife... what was I thinking.. The little woman.. isn't that what they like to be called? The Ball and Chain? Ahhh yes... The inferior one.... the battleaxe... the ol bag... Am I gettin Warmer?

;)

JulieC
01-05-2010, 04:34 PM
My wife and I have agreed not to tell our kids until they are adults. It's not because we believe they are not capable of understanding or being accepting (kids can understand things a LOT better than adults sometimes). It's that we do not want to put them in a position where they have to cover up or lie for their dad.

We tell them it's inappropriate to lie. Then if I were to inform them of my crossdressing, I'd tell them "But you can't tell anyone about this, and you'll have to lie if asked". I don't want to place them in that dichotomy.

Meanwhile, we raise them to be open minded about everything that doesn't cause harm to others. We routinely discuss diversity and acceptance issues. If, per chance, they discover daddy in a dress, hose and heels, they'll have the mental framework to understand it. If they don't discover on their own, we might inform them when they are adults and out on their own.