PDA

View Full Version : Rubber band plus.....

Paulacder
01-03-2010, 06:25 AM
After reading the threads on the Friday rubber band idea I thought of something as Emeril would say to "Kick it up a notch". First here in Ohio the weather is very cold, everyone wears a coat, sweat shirt, and other winter garb that would easily hide your rubber band. Because I have several natural nails that are very long, I started putting nail polish on one pinky finger only along with a fem. pinky ring. This can easily be disguised or hidden if need be by simply putting your hand in your pocket. There were several members of a C.D. support group that I once belonged to that done this 24/7. This was done to identify them as crossdressers to others who might notice. Good Idea or Bad Idea, Let me know........Love......

christine55
01-03-2010, 07:16 AM
It would be a great idea if you don't really care who knows. For those who are not fully out the ring and polish could very well let them those who you don't wish to know as well.

Would although be a great idea for coming out with a bit of sublety.

Hugs, Christine

Terrihoney
01-03-2010, 07:27 AM
The ring might be a bit much. A man with long nails would be my first clue anyway. I've worn a clear top coat many times. Only those that are looking for clues would notice.

Terri

O2B Barbara
01-03-2010, 09:28 AM
I wear a small pinky ring, one my father made. I also use a clear cote 24/7 as I have poor nails and use nail hardener. I have not received many comments and it has not been a big deal. I would go for it and see what happens.

joandher
01-03-2010, 09:39 AM
I wear a color on my toes all the time, and a clear on my fingers I've only had one query and I told them that my nails were always splitting and the nail Tec told me to wear a nail hardener, other than that, no comments in 5 yrs, and it does help with making nice nails

:hugs:J-JAY

Karren H
01-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Gloves! Let's all wear pink gloves!! Then everyone can see!!!

linnea
01-03-2010, 09:55 AM
I like this for girls who are comfortable with being noticed as CD. For those who are still needing to stay within the confines of the closet or feeling similar limitations, the ring is probably too much. Clear nail polish is fairly subtle; colored nail polish on just one finger is fairly easy to use as a controlled sign.
Whatever girls feel okay about works for me.
I like the rubber bands because they are not an absolute declaration yet they can be seen and used as an entree for a meeting without too much risk (of course, they could lead to some embarassing moments too--lol).
In areas with cold weather or during winter time almost anywhere, rubberbands may not be quite so noticeable. But when spring and summer roll around, I think that we might have more sightings--sightings that could be very fun.
That's all that it's about for me: some fun (without embarassment or discomfort).