PDA

View Full Version : Going out and having Evening Meal

Lesley Ann
01-03-2010, 07:42 AM
Yesterday, after doing our shopping, we (my SO) decided that instead of cooking we would go out, I got changed and my SO booked a table. When we arrived instead of having a table to ouselves we were shown to a table with two other couples sitting beside us, anyway we had a lovely meal and I thoughly enjoyed myself (after a couple of glasses of wine) we then caught a bus home.
This morning I thanked my SO for a lovely evening, then she sat me down, and gave me her thoughts on how the evening went (we have been out for a meal before) "Well" she said "A mature woman having a meal with her female friend, would not have engaged a conversation with a young couple sitting next to them, she would not have dropped her mobile phone, then dropped her purse and would have thanked the waiter for picking it up for her, unlike you, insisting that you picked them up! A lady would never grab a glass as though it was a pint mug, and would never go out onto the street to smoke a ciggerette leaving her female friend to sit alone, but apart from that you did very well" She asked me did I mind her pointing out the various things I id that was wrong. Good heavens NO, I was and I am so glad that she told me, so that next time I will know. I am so lucky to have someone who cares and wants me to be the 'perfect' lady.

Thank you all for 2009, and I do hope you all have a good and healthy 2010,

My best wishes to you.
Lesley Ann.

Loni
01-03-2010, 07:46 AM
as a man or as a woman. very bad to abandon your date to go outside for a smoke.

Rianna Humble
01-03-2010, 01:08 PM
You are very lucky that your SO wants to take the time to help you to improve the way that you pass in public.

Even though you made some mistakes, it sounds like a pleasant evening and definitely an opportunity to learn in the company of someone close to you.

Daniela76
01-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Don't smoke, it's yucky & expensive.

You could buy more clothes & makeup for yourself or your SO if you quit!!!!
(Sorry, I'm really allergic to cigarette smoke so I have strong opinions!)