PDA

View Full Version : Sore feet due to hardened skin

LauraCassidy
01-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Just want to share some advice with my sisters. For a few months while I was out walking in my 4.5in stilettos my feet were very sore after only less than half a mile!? After a basic self-examination I discovered this was due to a build-up (over years maybe?) of hard-skin on the soles of my feet. I purchased a special hard-skin remover (it's actually a nail file!) at pharmacy and let's just say that I have re-discovered the joys and sensuality of wearing high heels again. I can now walk for up to 3 miles now!

One final thing. I have started going out en femme only since last october and am so loving the buzz of it but what really annoys me is when one of my stilettos get caught in gaps/cracks on footpaths!!! Anyone else annoyed by this or have any suggestions??

Laura

Karren H
01-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Stay off the foot paths! :D

LauraCassidy
01-03-2010, 11:20 AM
or don't wear stilettos??!!!

"Stay off the foot paths"? Where do you expect me to walk then - on the road??!

docrobbysherry
01-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Stay off the foot paths! :D

What, and walk on the lawn, Karren? Last time I did that, I had to did my stiletto heels out of the turf!:doh:

suzanne
01-03-2010, 01:24 PM
A half mile in stilettos sounds like an awful long walk, and it also sounds as if you were planning to go a lot further. Those shoes were made for looking awesome, not for covering distances. As for the foot callouses, are you getting regular pedicures? The place I go to uses some sort of tool - help me out here, girls, give me a name - that shaves those big gnarly pads down. I am amazed at the amount of skin that gets peeled off of my feet.