PDA

View Full Version : Facial disguise

LauraCassidy
01-03-2010, 01:07 PM
(not sure if my last post appeared on above subject but anyway...) So far I have only gone out en femme while it's dark. I am worried about being recognised by somebody I know (even though I will be in a city hundreds of miles away!) if you go out during DAYLIGHT!!! So far my facial disguise consists of long brown wig and large ladies sunglasses and some lipstick etc. Do you think this is enough?? Have any of you girls been recognised before?? I don't mind is I am read but been been recognised is far worse. I would be delited to receive any tips/suggestions you may have.

Laura

elnkay
01-03-2010, 02:20 PM
I've wondered if trying to disguise yourself makes one more apt to get the second long look. After all, if your trying to hide, are you really being comfortable with your poise and stature. The few times I've ventured out, I try to dress casually and act natural for my appearence.

LauraCassidy
01-03-2010, 02:34 PM
What is the likelyhood of you recognising me while en drab in a city in a different country when you see me on the street 20 metres away?? Small enough, if you don't expect to see me there. You wouldn't be 100% sure unless you talked to me, right?

This is my typical drab look:
I have blond hair, I always wear grey, black or navy cloths, and I have a light beard.

Now, what is the likelyhood of recognising me with a hugh brown-haired wig, clean-shaven face with red lipstick applied, pink ladies jacket, large ladies flambuoyant sunglasses, elegant red dress, black patent hand-bag, shaved-legs with sheer brown pantyhose, 5in black patent pumps???

Negligibly small I would think? Would you agree?

sterling12
01-03-2010, 02:50 PM
What's The Likelihood of The Saucer People landing in your back yard and taking you away!

I think you just want reassurance. OK, the chance you would be recognized in a town hundreds of miles away with your "enhancements".....about NONE!

If you allow these paranoid thoughts to keep creeping into your mind, your going to blow your chances of enjoying your outing.

Peace and Love, Joanie

PretzelGirl
01-03-2010, 03:19 PM
If you wear a wig, femme clothing, and make-up, you have done a lot to be sure that you won't be recognized. Having a little confidence will go a long way too. Looking like you are hiding will probably draw attention. And none of that is taking in consideration of whether you are at home or far away. If you don't believe these things will change your appearance or recognizability enough, then go through this thread some and your mind should get changed:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83642

Amanda Nicole
01-03-2010, 03:41 PM
The wig makes a big - read HUGE - difference in "not" being recognized. You may well be read, but shouldn't have any problems with being recognized, girlfriend - wherever you go!

So get out there, have fun, and don't worry too much.

Speaking for myself, I have my own long hair (which at 61+ is kinda remarkable in itself.) And with my family situation, hiding a wig is out of the question. Since my hair style is the same both male and female, I run a bigger risk of being sighted in town, which is why fully femme outings aren't very common...I'm androgynous, both at work and around town.

Though both my nail and hair salons have been trying to make me look more girly, the nail tech's agenda seems to be to get me into dresses full time! But I'm having a good time with it, and am enjoying the experience.

Get dressed and have fun!

Hugs,

Mandy

Bailey_in_Mansfield
01-03-2010, 03:51 PM
The dark sunglasses and the wig (and for some reason I was picturing you with a ladies' baseball cap too) made me think of a celebrity going incognito, which for they know is all you might be. :) You might be just as likely "recognized" as such a celebrity as to be "recognized" as yourself! So if you get a second long look while wearing sunglasses at night, it could just be because they're wondering what supermodel would be wearing sunglasses at night.

Hey, is that Cindy Crawford?

Kathi Lake
01-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Many, many, many people have said after seeing me in one mode and then another (usually when I "turn back into a pumpkin" after a day out), "Wow! I would never recognize you! You look totally different as a woman." I tell them that that's kinda the point. When I do dress, it is in broad daylight and quite near my home. Have I seen people that I know? Yes. Have they seen/recognized me? If so, I haven't heard.

Sue saw me last week for the first time in male mode. It seemed to take a lot for me to convince her that it was indeed me. So, don't worry so much about it. Enjoy the time you have.

Kathi

tootsie123
01-03-2010, 04:03 PM
When I go out dressed up I wear a wig and sunglasses also I have seen people I know while out dressed up but was never recongnized most of the time people are busy getting there own things done that they don,t notice you

theresa
01-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Hi Laura,

I struggled with the same concerns for many years. Afraid that someone would recognize me, that I would be "out" to the world.

At some point over the last year I finally realized that if I wanted to go out enfemme, which I did so very much, I had to accept that fact that if I was recognized I would be "out". And you know what? It isn't all that important to me anymore.

So I have been going out pretty much unimpeded over the last year without particular concerns. And you know what I have discovered? Nobody really cares what you are doing as long as it doesn't affect them. Other people don't take the time of day to check you out or figure out if you are somebody that they know. When we are decked out with makeup, wig, nice clothes and shoes, people may notice us, but nobody really can make the connection between the person you are in male mode and the very different presentation you have in femme mode.

So my message is, don't worry about it, take reasonable precautions but then just have fun. I've learned there really isn't really too much to worry about unless you get really crazy (which might happen for me, still working on that! LOL)

msniki48
01-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Laura,

I have always been concerned about being recognized, and the times i have been out i have seen people i know, and they did not recognise me.

the problem i find is that when i go out with my wife....she is not disguised....and there is always the fear of someone seeing her and coming to say hi....and by association... i am sure i could be figured out.

So we try to shop and do things in other areas that we don't frequent often...trust me thought it is not 200 miles away.

enjoy your time out

hugs

msniki48

Bridget Fitzgerald
01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
You can get fake glasses in cool modern styles here

http://www.bleudame.com/index.php?cPath=96&osCsid=ca7a8bc01950555927a6904c52253e2e

Cherry Lynn
01-03-2010, 05:56 PM
My sister saw me dressed,i.e. wig, dress, etc., completely enfemme and did not know it was me so I do not think you have anything to worry about. However if you were out with your wife, SO or anybody that was recognizable you may be outed due to association.

jenna_woods
01-03-2010, 06:02 PM
I think the drark glases for a Facial disguise , brings more stares then with out, at least that's my experance, try some make up and go for it

charlie
01-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Hello Laura!
As Danille said, her own sister in law did not recoginze her. I spent two hours with some friends that only knew me while dressed.
The next afternoon I joined them at their table in drab. After talking and saying hello, one of them asked me if we had ever met! I think that canning the dark glasses at night and just doing some good makeup and your wig will set you far enough apart from your male persona that you will be very safe. Wearing sunglasses at night just draws uncessary attention to yourself.

Loni
01-03-2010, 06:14 PM
white, yellow, blue, red.

these are the colors of ones state of mind,
red is in action guns in hand and cocked.
blue is ready for action hand on uncocked gun.
yellow is keeping a eye out for trouble.
white...that is were most of the people are. and they are being taken to slaghter.
not paying anymind to any thing.

test your self. just at random one day stop and see what you missed, people are way to busy to worry about others.
enless you do something to draw a group, etc you will not be seen.

the sheeple will just go on there merry way. if some does take notice, they might say something to one they are with....as they walk away.
( could be"did you see that!" or -druling- look at those legs )

Kate Simmons
01-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Tough one Hon. I think my tactic would be to just look into the camera and smile.:)

Karren H
01-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I love big fem sunglasses!!! They work great.... I've walked past co-workers in the parking lot of our hotel without being recoignized.... but we don't look much alike....

Karen__Starr
01-03-2010, 11:47 PM
This subject reminds me of Halloween the first year at my present job. I came to work dressed very businesslike, black mid length skirt, while blouse, black blazer and three inch heels. I thought that everyone would recognize me but a fair amount did not. At lunch I walked down several blocks to go shopping and on the 15 minute walk down and walk back I got a few whistles in that they knew I was cross-dressing. The next day one fellow co-worker told me that he heard this one guy saying he was thinking about asking this new girl out. I listen to his description of the girl and it was me. What I believe made this work was how I dressed to blend it and confidence plus nobody has cross dressed here and it was Halloween. Mannerism and confidence goes a long way for us and dressing appropriate too.

lowlavalentine
01-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Quite frankly I don't think that it's likely you'll be recognized. The first time my wife saw me in girl mode she failed to recognize me. A casual acquaintance... I don't think so.

MissAmy
01-04-2010, 12:11 AM
I woudln't be so worried if it was hundreds of miles away. Across state lines, the chances are slim to none.

MorganBenton
01-05-2010, 03:05 AM
I'm always looking for a good place for a make over and pictures in Atlanta.
xo,
morgan

carolinebrookes
01-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Recognised? Most unlikely. Made? Possibly and in all likelyhood probably. I'm fairly certain that when I'm out, I am perhaps recognised as a cd'er but not recognised as my male persona.

If you are hundreds of miles away, then the only thing you have to worry about is what you want to wear. Have fun! :D

KayleeDahl
01-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Take a look a the sticky thread of the boy / girl mode pics. I doubt that you would be able to match them up correctly if they were scrambled! (actually sounds like a fun online game!)

Hugs
-Kaylee

sherri52
01-05-2010, 10:07 AM
You can with self asteem get by without being recognized even in you own backyard. Dress for yourself and let it flow. Chances are no one will notice.

JenniferR771
01-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Well maybe. I am very nervous at times because my pickup truck was very recognizible--my name was on it. But now repainted--plain--nice. Last year I walked past on old neighbor--no recognition. However...when i walk in to a thrift store where the girls know me, I am spotted right away, LOL! "Hi Jennifer!"

carolynn317
01-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Hi Girls,
We all (Maybe most) shared this concern when we began. The real trick is to be comfortable with who you are when you are out dressed. I've been a seious c/d for almost 25 years and gosh was I afraid to begin with. With time and experience you wil get over this concern. Dressing as a women and going out is the ultimate high for me. Someimes I am read, but mostly not - many times you never really know. I was out today shopping in Macy's - great sales and picked up a couple of sweaters.
It was fun and I trully don't know if I was read or not. I am not worried about it anymore. I was out looking for bargins with many other women who were doing the same.
Carolynn317

Blaire
01-05-2010, 01:44 PM
I could send you a ladies traditional outfit from where I live? That and the sunglasses should negate any chance of being recognised!

LauraCassidy
01-09-2010, 02:33 PM
thanx sue so much for this !!!

LauraCassidy
01-09-2010, 02:37 PM
you are absolutely right!! thanx so much

Emme
01-09-2010, 02:47 PM
I don't think that it's likely you'll be recognized. Just be sure to "do" your hair.
Just to flop a wig on your head will make you stand out. Then just as well do some makeup. Nice clean hair is brushed upwards and is loose. A little hairspray will help!