PDA

View Full Version : Did it...FINALLY!!

Laci6
01-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Two days ago, without hesitation i got up out of my recliner, grabbed my things, as I was already dressed enfemme, and headed out the door to get my nails done. After driving around looking for a nail shop that was open at 530-600pm on New Years Day evening, I finally found one with an hour to spare and again without hesitation just walked in asking to have a full set done with no color, just clear (natural). The 3 nail tech's that were there were more than accomodating, as i was asked to take a seat. For some reason i felt right at home and not nervous AT ALL!!! So as the process got started she asked me what length and thickness and in my best attempt at a natural feminine voice i told her medium length and thickness. the best part besides getting them done was i had two techs working on both hands at the same time while we talked about what i was doing that night, and i told them i was going out to club. I felt like a regular girl in there just getting her nails done!!! OK here's the kicker, for some reason I could not find my keys so i grab my spare key thinking that my keys were somewhere in my truck, so i proceeded to head home, as the store closed as soon as I left! When I arrived home i could not find my apartment key for about 20 min, don't ask me why, but i think i was so elated I was not fully focused on everything. Anyways, sorry for being SO long winded but i did go pick up my keys the next day, so all is good here!!! I LOVE my nails and they look great!!!:)

Leanne2
01-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi Laci,
It sounds like you had a great time. One thing to remember when going out is always have a backup plan in case things go wrong. I always have two sets of keys with me; one in my pocket and the other in my purse. Also, have a set of drab clothing in your car in case you have a flat or some other trouble. It's much better to be dressed in drab when the tow truck pulls up. Isn't it fun to get your nails done in a salon? I just love any of the spa services. Leanne

Rianna Humble
01-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Way to go girl! I envy you having so many beauticians working on you at the same time, and it sounds like you have found a great salon.

Not quite such a good idea to leave your keys behind, but still it did give you an excuse to go back :o

You do realise, tho, that you'll need to go back en femme again in about 4 to 5 weeks to redo the experience and maybe even get some colour on those nails?

boardpuppy
01-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Laci,
Color is the best way to go. The color I settled on is French Kiss by Love My Nails. The color is close enough to the natural color of my nail bed that unless you know I have polish on you really don't notice. I know not everyone likes acrylic nails but for me they are wonderful. I have weak and brittle nails. The only trouble I have is the acrylic crack and break because of the cold weather (have a wood burning stove, that requires being feed regularly, I cut a lot of my own wood). After the holidays, my manicurist will disown me, I'm sure.

Hugs,
Alice

Laci6
01-05-2010, 03:14 AM
Hey thanks girls...I actually had a flat one night that was eventually changed by a gentleman in a taco bell parking lot and I was dressed, very cute btw!!! I have reached a point in my life that maybe some, if not most have not reached, but I don't care too much what others think. As a matter of fact that gentleman who changed my tire even had his 15-16 yr old daughter with him and she did not even bat an eye or really give me a second look....I know I know, I was actually starting to change my own tire when he pulled up and insisted that a girl should not have to change her tire, so he finished changing my tire and even constantly refered to me as "Miss"...OH WHAT A FEELING!!!!! So now, when I go out I go as Laci and if ever confronted with most situations, I will take them on as Laci, short of dealing with law enforcement!!! Thats ANOTHER story!!! But yes the key issue was definitely another reason to go back, in which, I had to go back when the salon was in full swing!!! There were at least 15-20 women in there including the employees....btw, the counter was towards the back of the store, so I had to walk through the salon to get to the counter...Yes, I was dressed!! The girl remembered me from the day before and actually stopped me for a minute to ask how I liked my nails!! So needless to say, although I don't get to present Laci as much as i would like, I like where i'm at in life, HAPPY!!!! best wishes to all in 2010!!! Laci...PS.... SORRY for being sooooo long winded!!!!

Rianna Humble
01-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Laci,

Thanks for the update.

PS.... SORRY for being sooooo long winded!!!!

That's not long-winded (you should see some of my posts), that's just encouraging us with your good news :hugs: