PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, Decisions!

windycissy
01-03-2010, 05:16 PM
A gentleman admirer is meeting me for coffee this week, boy do I have the first date jitters! He suggested a museum cafe for our first date, pretty classy huh? So I'm going to wear something conservative, like maybe my gray dress, black jacket, low heels and stockings...or should I go with my pink top, black pleated skirt and pearls? Decisions, decisions! It reminds me of this cartoon:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0df22b3127ccef953b906db1b00000030O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Miranda09
01-03-2010, 05:40 PM
That is funny Cissy. Well, you know, it's just like any other time you go out on a date...close your eyes, choose an outfit, and make it look irresistable! ;)

jenna_woods
01-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I go through that every time I go to dress Decisions, Decisions! its never easy picking out one for I love them all,

charlie
01-03-2010, 06:06 PM
And I used to wonder what my former girlfriends and now my wife were doing starring into their closets and not getting ready!

Sherry-Stephanie
01-03-2010, 06:11 PM
Thats cute....

Fab Karen
01-03-2010, 07:15 PM
He's the one that will be nervous. Remember, he wants to show you he's worth your time.

windycissy
01-03-2010, 07:30 PM
He's the one that will be nervous. Remember, he wants to show you he's worth your time.

Thanks for that, actually we'll both be nervous, him because he'll be wondering whether I really pass up close and personal. It takes a lot of guts for a guy to go out with one of us, let's face it nobody wants to be part of a spectacle, that's why I like meeting for coffee as a first date, that way if either one of us is uncomfortable we can part gracefully with no hard feelings.

bridget jones
01-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Have a goodtime

KristinSkye
01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
that's why I like meeting for coffee as a first date, that way if either one of us is uncomfortable we can part gracefully with no hard feelings.

That's probably a pretty good idea, but I bet it'll go off without a hitch. Good luck on picking your outfit, at least you have a few days to do so?

And thanks for sharing that cartoon, I literally laughed out loud when I read it :)

Roxi Loh
01-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I think you have the right attitude. Have a fantastic time. Hugs

Karan49
01-03-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm just curious, how did you two meet? And, you seem to imply he knows about tg-ishness; does he, and if so how did he find out?

I have to say I'm envious.

Karan49

windycissy
01-03-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm just curious, how did you two meet? And, you seem to imply he knows about tg-ishness; does he, and if so how did he find out?

I have to say I'm envious.

Karan49

We met on OKCupid, he's bi and gorgeous...my picture is my avatar here and my profile starts like this:

I'm bi and I love to dress up and go out as a woman, I pass with ease as a hot cougar and go everywhere! If you're a clean, sophisticated, cute bi (or gay) guy who might be intrigued by a boy/girl like me, would you enjoy a charming companion for dinner, drinks, whatever?

msginaadoll
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun Cissy. Im sure you two will have a great time.

Amy Lynn3
01-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Crissy, I have dated lots of real gg's I met on OK Cupid. I also met lots of dates on Plenty of fish too. You might like that site. Good luck !

Tina L.
01-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I'll bet everything will go as smooth as silk.
good luck

Karen__Starr
01-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Best wishes, hope all goes well with your date!!!

windycissy
01-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Wish me luck girls - I'm off to meet Mr. Right at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, after much indecision I settled on my gray pencil skirt and black short sleeve turtleneck, cute shoes and a black jacket...makeup went on surprisingly well although I'm very nervous, here goes!

josie_S
01-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Good luck!

boardpuppy
01-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi,
Best of wishes and hope the date goes good. Just curious have they done any repairs to the museum and haven't been there in ages.

Hugs,
Alice

Metoo
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Have a great time, no matter what you decide to wear

AllieSF
01-05-2010, 05:35 PM
I hope that you had a great time at MOMA and with your first date gentleman. You can fill me in on the details tomorrow night before the play. The SF MOMA is a great first date type place, modern (part of its name) located right downtown and close to everything. I hope you went up to the top floor cafe to have probably one of the best coffees in SF and then tried one of their signature deserts also by a well known (to others not necessarily me!) pastry chefs, to share of course with your "friend".

Boardpuppy: I just went to MOMA a little over a month ago and they were not doing any remodeling that I could see. This building is relatively new being built in the early 90's I think. They are supposed to greatly expand it to accomodate a private collection that they have obtained. That project is in its early planning stages.

windycissy
01-05-2010, 09:43 PM
So I got to the museum early after a little shopping on Market Street, prettied myself up in the ladies room and since admission is free on Tuesdays I was able to browse the collections, there is a fascinating Jackson Pollock called Male and Female that was mesmerizing, I wonder why? Anyhoo I went up to the cafe on the fifth floor and waited demurely for my date to show up...but he didn't! I felt like such a fool sitting there in my skirt, told myself God was punishing me for all the girls I dumped when I was young, and I was just about to get on the elevator when the cellphone in my purse rang, it was him! Turns out he was waiting for me on the cafe on the first floor! There he was waiting for me, as gorgeous as his photographs, and such a sweetheart, he bought me a coffee and we sat and talked for over an hour, just like any guy and girl on a first date, then I showed him my Jackson Pollock before he had to leave, he was very honest and told me he's seeing someone (a GG) but he was intrigued by me, who knows I think the spark is there and now I get to sit by the phone like any other girl wondering if I'll ever hear from him again...I gave him a little peck on the cheek when we said goodbye and he gave me a peck and a hug, something to dream on tonight :o