PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else a Weather Wimp?

skirtsuit
01-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Winter is here in Philly and it seems to have put a screeching halt to my going out. Just doesn't seem like fun - out in a dress and hose in freezing blowing wind. Anyone else out there a 'seasonal' CD? I suppose it has something to do with living in the city and not owning a car....

I have even been dressing around the house less, which is weird because I'd been so gung-ho about it this autumn. I haven't completely stopped, still get out shopping en drab occasionally ( right now I'm wearing a silk Ann Taylor jacket and dress that I bought today for 50 cents!!! ), but the cold seems to have taken the fire out of my CD belly. I sure hope it returns in the warmer weather.

All the Best,
Ann / SS

PS - anybody with a car want to pick me up and take me to the mall?

VeronicaMoonlit
01-03-2010, 05:27 PM
opaque tights, longer skirts, boots, and a long wool/cashmere coat. That will do the trick.

Veronica Rogers

NathalieX66
01-03-2010, 05:31 PM
i took the Karren Hutton path today (sorry, karren, can I mention your name if you don't mind:battingeyelashes: ?) and went to a skating rink for the sheer reason of trying to lose weight on a blustery snowy day. I'm sick of being housebound. I'm a bit northeast of Philly. If I don't get off this forum and do something meaningful and practical, someone needs to drag me away in an ambulance.
I should be shopping for knee-high boots, which I have my sights on a pair. :D

windycissy
01-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Being a California girl now, I'm a wimp by nature, but Cissy started out in Chicago and I used to love going out in the snow, now it's just the rain but I love going out in it:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8df31b3127ccec3419adb89ef00000010O08IatWLlw0aA9 vPgw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

skirtsuit
01-03-2010, 05:47 PM
I love going out in the rain - Umbrellas are great for hiding behind on the street.

I think I've been gaining weight and I don't like it. I found myself sitting on my bike here in house and thinking 'vroom, vroom' it sure would feel great to go for a nice long bike ride. Did have a long walk yesterday. It's the beginning of Jan, way too early for cabin fever....

Ann

jenna_woods
01-03-2010, 05:54 PM
try some layd's jeans or a long skirt and some lady's boots

Stormgirl
01-03-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm a weather nut, I was at the University of Missouri when the sirens go off and there's a tornado outside, I'm usually the first one outside. Now that I live in Seattle, I'm used to the rain. I'm always wearing jeans anyways.

If I was in Philly,I'd come by and pick you up :p

Karren H
01-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Lol!! Wuss!!! I'm good down to 0 and maybe -20 wind chill....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3051/2432746740_19476b12c3_m.jpg

After that I have worn dress skacks below zero... but I didn't like it! Ha!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2291/2432742864_39ab3a4702_m.jpg

i took the Karren Hutton path today (sorry, karren, can I mention your name if you don't mind:battingeyelashes: ?) and went to a skating rink for the sheer reason of trying to lose weight on a blustery snowy day. I'm sick of being housebound.

I'm doing the same thing tonight..... puck drops at 10:10pm... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

KristinSkye
01-03-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm easily the biggest cold weather wimp I know. The high was 46F today and all I could do was text my wife (who is currently in MD) and complain how cold I was.

I agree though...for some reason the winter season really brings out the girl in me.

msginaadoll
01-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I tend to go out more as it gets to be winter. I can break out my long leather coat, and my boots, toss on a pair of tights under a knee length skirt and im set. When I hit the club it is still short skirts and dresses no matter the weather. Michigan is not for wimps!

victoriamwilliams1
01-03-2010, 10:20 PM
I dress in the cold in fact I am warmer in the cold because of all the stuff I wear in the winter. I do all my figure training in the winter months so those garments alone keep me warm with my coat.

So no I dress in all temperatures.

aggi123
01-03-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm a huge wimp in the cold. I used to be all tough and macho about it when I was younger lol. But it's in the teens here tonight :O

Jilmac
01-03-2010, 10:30 PM
If the cold in Philly is anything like Milwaukee (wind chill around -7 today), then I sympathize with you sister. I still dress in the house but it's been too cold to go out in anything less than a bearskin pelt to keep from freezing to death. I find dressing less enjoyable when I have to stay in, and I'll be counting the days until spring. I know I have a long wait till then, but I have plenty of girl clothes to keep me cozy while I wait.

Karen__Starr
01-03-2010, 11:36 PM
I am originally from just outside of Philadelphia, grow up in Montgomery County then lived in Bucks County for a little while. When going out I simply bundled up be it long dressed with tights or thigh highs or jeans boots, both way nice warm coat gloves and hat. When I first moved to Oregon a co-worker gave me some really good advice, do not let the rain control you life (it rains a lot here) and took that advice since if I did not I would be home bound a lot.

shycd1
01-03-2010, 11:38 PM
30 is cold enuff to make me want to curl up in bed. Good thing I live in california.

Elizebeth
01-03-2010, 11:39 PM
huge wimp but it is -15 below without a wind chill.

Loni
01-04-2010, 01:30 AM
lived in ca all my life, hate the rain. do not mind the snow.

I must be a relatave of the wicked witch of the west.

as for the cold..not a problem ...so much, just please no wind.

but if I could just find a pair of boots that fit and do not hurt the feet.

Samantha Girl
01-04-2010, 04:51 AM
I wear shorts all year round. I wear shorts when it's raining, when it's snowing, when it's really windy, when it's 10 degrees. I went back to Jersey for a week at Christmas, did not bring pants. Oh and I rarely wear a jacket. I like to say I'm warm blooded... :D

Samantha has no pants! Skirts, dresses, fishnets, panties, no pants! :p

Sally24
01-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Just the opposite. My last 2 outings have been during snow storms. But this is New England so if that stopped me I'd be dressing only a few months of the year!:heehee:

Vickie_CDTV
01-04-2010, 06:46 AM
I am also a bit of a wimp about the weather, thought it doesn't bother me until it gets below 20 or so. Like you I prefer to wear a skirt suit or office dress, hose and heels so if it is ridiculously cold I don't bother. I am also a bit afraid of betting into a car accident while dressed if it is snowing and icy.

JamieOH
01-04-2010, 06:50 AM
I HATE the cold... Here in Ohio it's really cold right now... we hit single digits last night.. with wind it was REALLY nasty..

I am ready to move to New Zealand...

erickka
01-04-2010, 06:59 AM
After 30 years in S.W. Fl., I hate the cold, but the plus is that I get to wear my fuzzy fluffy sweaters that I love so much, not to mention that my boot wardrobe has expanded immensely!

KitCat
01-04-2010, 07:02 AM
The winter season is my time to howl.
Way too busy in the summer months to dress much so I have to make the most of the late fall to early spring

MarcyRex
01-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Long Warm skirt: Check
Tights: Check
Fuzzy jacket: Check
Galls Steel-toed boots: upgrade required. I do need to get a pair of decent boots. Any suggestions for size 13+ overthecalf nice looking boot? Within the Detroit area?
Otherwise I love the underdressing opportunities.

LisaM
01-04-2010, 09:57 AM
I love the cold weather. It gives me a chance to wear some of my spouse's dreamy fur coats.

carolinoakland
01-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Well, I am indeed a hot house flower, 85 degree's? That's a breezy day by my standards. But.... you have to invest in some female warm and woolies! They are so much more fun than drab! Think bunny slippers! I bundle up like nobody's business, and gloves! Gloves! Gloves! Carol

minalost
01-04-2010, 10:05 AM
It was -32 with a wind chill of -52 here on New Years day. There isn't enought clothing in the world to keep you warm when it's that cold!

Brrrr....

Tomara
01-04-2010, 10:09 AM
I am a cold weather wimp , the more years that go by the less I like the cold , wind and snow but like Sally said this is New England , and before we know it spring will be here.
Tomara

Malori Cross
01-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Living in Maine doesn't allow me to wimp out in the cold, so I live for Sweater Weather!

Nicole Bishop
01-04-2010, 12:23 PM
It may be cold there but here in the high desert in California it is great c/ding weather.....Right now but I will be echoeing all of your thoughts very soon as heat returns and dressing becomes a challenge at times . We all have our problem with seasons but for me life is too short to live in the rain or snow.....been there done that cant want to! :eek: :eek:

Jill
01-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Funny, I was thinking of posting something similar, I'm in a long sleeve turtle neck but my throw over dress is very short and I'm practically shivering in my hose. In a way, it ads to the fun but it seems like every time I dress these days, I'm trying to warm up. I honestly don't know how women do it. I go to church and see them in skirts and can't help but to feel for them. I see lots of them who aren't even wearing any hose, I don't think it does much for warmth but surely it's better then nothing.

desi88
01-04-2010, 12:41 PM
newfoundland winters are wicked so we kep it inside for the most part... spring is my fav time

docrobbysherry
01-04-2010, 01:07 PM
We drive up to it once every winter! Play in it a few hours, then drive back to the beach!:)

No idea why anyone would LIVE in it!:eek:

thinnthera
01-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes, you are right !

thinnthera
01-04-2010, 01:42 PM
:) true

amanda540300
01-04-2010, 05:07 PM
I agree it's cold, but you can't stop going out now. A nice warm coat and a pair of high heel boots and you will be set. Chatting with friends in person makes the cold worthwhile. I hope to see you out and about sometime. Enjoy the winter. Amanda